Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No opening act?

I've been indulging my fantasy idea of an Unleashed opening act -- Rick Vito with Mick's Blues Band paying homage to the pre-Buckingham/Nicks, blues-era Fleetwood Mac (other happy dreamers have suggested other opening act guests like Billy, Jeremy, or even Peter himself), but it finally occured to me that with only 2 weeks left till this Mac machine hits the road, if there was an opener, I'd have heard about it by now, wouldn't I?

So I take it there's no opener, right? Did they have an opening act on the Say You Will tour?

I kinda worry that as the tour stretches into its third month (when they hit my area) the setlist will almost certainly be shrinking, and I'll be shelling out over $400 for what, an hour's worth of music?

With an opener, at least we'd be getting a bit more time for our dollars. But they never consulted me, so I guess that's just the way it will be.....
Old 02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They had no opener on Say You Will, and they won't be having one on this tour either. Hence "An evening with Fleetwood Mac."
Old 02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, they are such a big band at this point they don't really need an opener. I don't think they've HAD openers for at least 25 years.

Although, having Rick Vito and the boys play would really be a treat. I dont see it happening tho.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
They had no opener on Say You Will, and they won't be having one on this tour either. Hence "An evening with Fleetwood Mac."
Yeah, but.....there was a fabulous Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham Nicks, too, and with this possibly being FM's Last Hurrah (who am I kidding? - they'll be touring in their eighties...), it would be kinda nice to at least pay some tribute to the band's origin.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ...

I dont think there will be an opening act either. Mick said on his interview posted earlier that it would be a 150 minute show. Works for me.

Last edited by JohnL; 02-16-2009 at 06:24 PM..
Old 02-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

since i have been seeing fleetwood mac and stevie nicks since 1986 and 1987 tango in the night tour was the first fleetwood mac tour i have seen that was the only tour with an opening act. when they played here in connecticut in nov. 1990 no opening act on the behind the mask tour and also no opening act in 1997 during the dance tour and say you will no opening act and now it wont be an opening act and i love it i prefer an evening with fleetwood mac and last april when stevie played mohegan sun first show for me to see stevie with no opening act and loved it although her opening acts are usually pretty good i do love vanessa carlton. best opening act stevie had was peter frampton on the rock a little tour and bozz scaggs in 1998 on enchanted tour.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandbackStevie View Post
since i have been seeing fleetwood mac and stevie nicks since 1986 and 1987 tango in the night tour was the first fleetwood mac tour i have seen that was the only tour with an opening act.
Was it the Cruzados?

Quote:
when they played here in connecticut in nov. 1990 no opening act on the behind the mask tour
Squeeze opened in June in the U.S., but the last leg was just FM.

Quote:
bozz scaggs in 1998 on enchanted tour.
And Michael McDonald. The highlight of that tour for me was hearing Scaggs & his band sing Lido & hearing McDonald sing What A Fool Believes.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

An opening act would have to be paid. The ticket price would have to increase or FM would have to give them a cut in order for this to happen. Ain't gonna happen. At this point, fans are there to see Fleetwood Mac. Although it would be a nice change of pace for Rick or the others to open. Hell, anything new would be a nice change of pace at this point.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Was it the Cruzados?

Squeeze opened in June in the U.S., but the last leg was just FM.

And Michael McDonald. The highlight of that tour for me was hearing Scaggs & his band sing Lido & hearing McDonald sing What A Fool Believes.
yes the cruzados opened for fleetwood mac on the tango in the night tour 1987 in hartford in october 23rd.

that was the only show with an opening act with fleetwood mac when they played here after that tour behind the mask when they played here it was in november a rescheduled date original date was July 12th christines birthday but that week christines dad passed away and they cancelled the shows for that week and rescheduled them in the fall so when they rescheduled it was for Nov.9th 1990 and no opening act any for the hartford show was just them and the tour after that would be the dance tour in 1997 no opening act. and the say you will tour saw several shows and no opening act.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
An opening act would have to be paid. The ticket price would have to increase or FM would have to give them a cut in order for this to happen. Ain't gonna happen. At this point, fans are there to see Fleetwood Mac. Although it would be a nice change of pace for Rick or the others to open. Hell, anything new would be a nice change of pace at this point.
The only way it would be worth their while is if the opening act was an audience draw itself. So, I could see them getting an opening act that could help them sell out and then when it came time to split the dough with them, it wouldn't hurt so much. I guess Sheryl Crow would have fit that bill, but I'm glad that's not happening.

The chirping crickets is the only opener I want. Michele
Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
Yeah, but.....there was a fabulous Fleetwood Mac before Buckingham Nicks
That was just a vicious rumour.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about Gallagher?
Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Banned

What about me?!?! I would do it! For FREE!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
What about Gallagher?
With the Sledge-O-Matic? BRING IT ON. We can use the plastic sheeting for later when Mick starts up with the Hotz vest.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''