The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music
Wink How To Properly "Unleash" Fleetwood Mac

Sure, Fleetwood Mac is going to be "unleashed" in a couple of months, but are they going to just "unleash" themselves, or be completely exxxxxxtreme? Here's some suggestions for the band, in case any of them are listening.
  • Install a camera on Mick's drumkit pointing directly at his face, and project the image on a 100-foot wide jumbo tron above the stage.
  • Replace John's bass guitar with Craig Huxley's Blaster Beam.
  • Have the USC Trojan marching band provide musical accompaniment to every song, only to be completely upstaged by Christine playing Songbird on accordion.
  • Rig Lindsey's guitar to shoot flames during Landslide.
  • For an extra $100, allow audience members the option of an emotion-manipulating headset, allowing them to more properly experience traumatizing feelings of love/hate.
  • Have Peter Green magically appear mid-concert in a puff of smoke, and perform a 93-minute long version of Black Magic Woman while the entire audience bitches about having to hear a Santana song.
  • Install giant teleprompters on the stage sides telling only the women to cheer during Stevie's songs, and only the men to cheer during Lindsey's.
  • Instead of the bloated Say You Will orchestra, replace them with a hilarious troupe of midget percussionists.
  • Replace tedious acoustic set with a searing 12-minute rendition of Thoughts On A Grey Day.
  • Perform several songs from That Album and some songs by That Guy and Whats Her Face, just so, you know, people don't forget about them.
  • Convince Stevie to wear clothes that make her look like a fabulous Grannie, but not too fabulous, and certainly not a Grannie trying to upstage Grandpa.
  • Execute anyone found laughing during Not That Funny - This Is Serious.
  • Bring Joe Walsh and Carol Ann Harris on stage to make up for any emotional tension that might have eroded over the past decade.
  • Take everything that SortaSavageLike says with the utmost seriousness; he understands several important aspects of naval architecture, after all.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think someone beat you to the jumbo tron idea, because I have definitely seen many more gigantic, close ups of Mick's drumming face than is good for my health.

I like the Grey Day idea. It should be preceded by a long, emotional dedication to Mrs. Scarrot.

Michele
Old 02-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Ledgie

Maybe I would enjoy myself if Landslide did have flames. Hmmm.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Have Peter Green magically appear mid-concert in a puff of smoke, and perform a 93-minute long version of Black Magic Woman while the entire audience bitches about having to hear a Santana song.
+100
Old 02-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

That was a pretty funny read....
Old 02-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh yeah, SortaSavage, THEY NEED YOUR VISION! Now that's what I call UNLEASHED!

Quote:
Bring Joe Walsh and Carol Ann Harris on stage to make up for any emotional tension that might have eroded over the past decade.
Especially that one!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[*]Convince Stevie to wear clothes that make her look like a fabulous Grannie, but not too fabulous, and certainly not a Grannie trying to upstage Grandpa.[*]Execute anyone found laughing during Not That Funny - This Is Serious.
[/LIST]

roflmao!!!!!!!

Dude, you just made my night!

Even If
I Never
Hold You..
Again..
Old 02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Registered

And then they can change the name to Unhinged.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
[*]Execute anyone found laughing during Not That Funny - This Is Serious.[*]Bring Joe Walsh and Carol Ann Harris on stage to make up for any emotional tension that might have eroded over the past decade.
]
OMG. These two had me bursting. I'll b laughing at those for a while.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfontherun View Post
And then they can change the name to Unhinged.
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzIIIIIIIIING!
Old 02-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

I was thinkin about this, even though it started as a joke. I really think they should take savage's idea of the camera on Mick's drum... I also think that in order to properly unleash the mac they will need to get rid of some of the back-up crew... I would like to see them bring the set closer to the end of the stage and turn the volume sky-high!!! My last thought: MORE LIGHTS... I saw Stevie play this little venue in Detroit and the lighting was so fantastic that I got absolutely lost in each song. A total experience- I hope that they can really bring it this tour. THEY NEED TO... Cause if this concert in Auburn Hills goes well... we just decided that we would go to more.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
I was thinkin about this, even though it started as a joke. I really think they should take savage's idea of the camera on Mick's drum... I also think that in order to properly unleash the mac they will need to get rid of some of the back-up crew... I would like to see them bring the set closer to the end of the stage and turn the volume sky-high!!! My last thought: MORE LIGHTS... I saw Stevie play this little venue in Detroit and the lighting was so fantastic that I got absolutely lost in each song. A total experience- I hope that they can really bring it this tour. THEY NEED TO... Cause if this concert in Auburn Hills goes well... we just decided that we would go to more.
I TOTALLY agree with the lighting. There was really good lighting on stevies last tour. It REALLY helps create atmosphere. They need to utilize it.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

[*]Have Peter Green magically appear mid-concert in a puff of smoke, and perform a 93-minute long version of Black Magic Woman while the entire audience bitches about having to hear a Santana song.
[*]Bring Joe Walsh and Carol Ann Harris on stage to make up for any emotional tension that might have eroded over the past decade.
I was just lurking, but I had to respond to this.

This is in very poor taste, but it is just a fantasy. For one night, Joe Walsh falls off the wagon with a bottle of Grey Goose, and is reminded that he used to be a ballsy guitar player in a great band (James Gang) before the Eagles sucked him dry.

THEN bring on Peter Green to do BWM (with Joe Walsh). Follow that with Walsh and Green jamming ala Boston Tea Party 2/70 ("Encore Jam", Buckingham included). If we can't have Danny Kirwan, this would do. Then the rest of the concert would be the normal setlist with the usual suspects. I know Walsh was brought up as a love triangle reference, but I couldn't resist.

I would pay large sums of money to see that.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodicrocker View Post
That was a pretty funny read....
+1

Here are some more.

Bring Bob Dylan on for a hour long debate with Stevie concerning who is more talented.

Bring on the Charles Daniels Band so that Lindsey and their guitarist can have a speed picking competition during the solo for "The Devil Went Down To Georgia".

Get John McVie to play Spinal Tap's "Bass Oddessy" wearing a Derek Smalls wig.

Lindsey to hold up signs saying "don't forget to thank me for arranging these songs" several times throughout the concert.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Too funny!!

How about a "young" FM featurning Lindsey Lohan as Stevie, Hannah Montannah as Christine along with the cast of High School Musical?