Addicted Ledgie

Default After the Unleashed Tour.....

Looking way into the future,

what are the thoughts of those assembled here, about future Solo Tours,

will the individuals eventually return to the solo circuit,

g....
Old 02-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Definitely. Stevie has toured consistently and I don't expect that to stop, unless she's physically unable.

If Lindsey puts another album out, he'll tour again. Although it will doubtless have to be a short one. No one is going to fund him unless they think it will help them get some of the FM pie. After Unleashed is over, the monetary value of FM will have been tapped out, so I would think it would be even harder for Lindsey to get backing than it was before and it was already hard.

Michele
Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Definitely. Stevie has toured consistently and I don't expect that to stop, unless she's physically unable.

If Lindsey puts another album out, he'll tour again. Although it will doubtless have to be a short one. No one is going to fund him unless they think it will help them get some of the FM pie. After Unleashed is over, the monetary value of FM will have been tapped out, so I would think it would be even harder for Lindsey to get backing than it was before and it was already hard.

Michele
Really? I would think the opposite - that the Mac exposure would help him. Granted, WB will never spend the $ on him that would be necessary, but I could see him going independent - if he was mind to. I really wonder how into that he would be though - sometimes I think he's still too "old school" when it comes to the entire process and that he actually appreciates what a major label can do. Otherwise, he could have removed himself from that equation years ago, really...
Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Really? I would think the opposite - that the Mac exposure would help him.
Help him with fans, I hope. But would it help him with the brass? Whatever they did for UTS and GOS was probably because of FM. Once they get the big tour over with, will the label still help him because they want to keep hanging onto the FM brass ring?

I agree with you that Lindsey is still attached to the machinery. Even though he makes wry comments about DYMM being the "single" and hints that the promotion was nil, he still wants to be associated with a label.

Michele
Old 02-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

SO is everyone pretty sure that there wont be a new Mac album after Unleashed is over? and do you all think there will be anymore US shows after San Diego?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:47 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
SO is everyone pretty sure that there wont be a new Mac album after Unleashed is over? and do you all think there will be anymore US shows after San Diego?
Well, I am hoping for a new album and then a tour to support it. It's been talked about so who knows if it will happen or not (I hope it does!).
Old 02-07-2009, 02:53 AM
Registered

Quote:
I think it all really depends on how the economy will be 4-6 months from now, and how Live Nation/the band feels about going into the secondaries that were skipped (and, most likely, the reduced payday for all involved). The North American plans for Coldplay, Madonna, and U2 (all major Live Nation touring properties) in 2009 have all been adjusted, or even canceled (in Madonna's case) due to uncertainty regarding the economy.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I think it all really depends on how the economy will be 4-6 months from now, and how Live Nation/the band feels about going into the secondaries that were skipped (and, most likely, the reduced payday for all involved). The North American plans for Coldplay, Madonna, and U2 (all major Live Nation touring properties) in 2009 have all been adjusted, or even canceled (in Madonna's case) due to uncertainty regarding the economy.
I dont think they will personally. Those bands you just mentioned all have a higher profile these days than Fleetwood Mac does. And if theyre doing that, I cant imagine Fleetwood Mac would be any different, dont you?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Concerning future FM albums, with Christine gone a very large proportion of "the work" will fall on Lindsey. And of course it doesn't help if you have 18 song albums. I can see his workload becoming a factor that might prevent future FM albums. Comments he's made about Stevie not thanking him for the work done on her songs may indicate some frustration even now.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Registered

Quote:
I dont think they will personally. Those bands you just mentioned all have a higher profile these days than Fleetwood Mac does. And if theyre doing that, I cant imagine Fleetwood Mac would be any different, dont you?
I mostly agree, except, unlike Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay and Madonna are into the second year of touring promoting their albums. This whole Unleashed tour thing was supposed to set up an album & a resulting farewell tour (something resembling what Cher did a few years back). So, I have a feeling that they might shove this tour into fringe markets like Nashville, Grand Rapids, and Des Moines (or even Portland... lol) later in the summer.

U2, on the other hand, is shaking in their boots (yes, pun intended, sorry)
Old 02-07-2009, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I mostly agree, except, unlike Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay and Madonna are into the second year of touring promoting their albums. This whole Unleashed tour thing was supposed to set up an album & a resulting farewell tour (something resembling what Cher did a few years back). So, I have a feeling that they might shove this tour into fringe markets like Nashville, Grand Rapids, and Des Moines (or even Portland... lol) later in the summer.

U2, on the other hand, is shaking in their boots (yes, pun intended, sorry)
I garauntee you one thing. they'll never top playing in Bozeman Montana on SYW in 2004.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No new album will a huge letdown.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly don't see them doing an album at this point. I never believed that line in the first place - I always just took that as Lindsey's way of justifying going out without an album to tour behind again.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I honestly don't see them doing an album at this point. I never believed that line in the first place - I always just took that as Lindsey's way of justifying going out without an album to tour behind again.
I tend to agree. Lindsey did most of the writing and recording of his last two albums on the road and Stevie has written on the road in the past as well. Maybe they're hoping some creative juices will start flowing once they're out there. I hope so!
Old 02-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Concerning future FM albums, with Christine gone a very large proportion of "the work" will fall on Lindsey. And of course it doesn't help if you have 18 song albums. I can see his workload becoming a factor that might prevent future FM albums. Comments he's made about Stevie not thanking him for the work done on her songs may indicate some frustration even now.
I don't think Lindsey minds the work. It's not like he would be doing anything else with his time that he'd find as interesting. Yeah, at the end of SYW he was complaining that they were all in Hawaii and he wanted to go to Hawaii too, but I doubt that he really did. And I'm sure he didn't want them to help him with the production. It's like with Tango. When Mick had those outside producers, I'm sure he knew that they wouldn't last for long. He was using reverse psychology on Lindsey.

Complaining that he's not appreciated is a little different than complaining that the work load is too great.

Michele
Closed Thread