User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I don't think that we, as fans, are entitled to output (whether it be creative or touring) from Stevie. That's not the issue- at least not for me.

Its always been about how consistently offensively clueless Stevie has been in her words and actions ("we wish we could play for free", "things cost a gazillion times more", "why bother recording when people are going to steal it", "Fleetwood Mac is like being in the army", "I didn't know the SYW tour was going to be soooo long" etc.). Said words and actions are entirely in line with someone who currently *is* "only in it for the money" and/or completely out of touch with reality.
I so love your quotes of Stevie's comments.....of course she never recalls what she says in these interviews......but I do agree that she says things that are consistently clueless and offensive at times esp to us fans....whether she 'thinks' it is offensive or not. Esp the one about 'recording when people are going to steal it'....that one still burns me to this day. I don't do that....and to lump all your fans like that is degrading to me. I do think she takes things for granted....us fans....(esp us longtime fans---no offence to the newer fans though)....I think when she started her 'solo' stuff early on she was gonna record much much more stuff. Of course than all the drug days caught up with her (Betty Ford in '86) & than the Klonopin(sp?) time after that so that kinda ate up her solo time...it seems its than that she lost inspiration ....no drive to do anything....Really she could be productive 'if' she wanted to but it doesn't appear that she wants to. Sad but so true....and disappointing. As a fan sure I wish we could have like everything in the valuets but we all know thats not gonna happen (same with all the Mac stuff)....I mean of the unreleased songs that are out there (like whats the count?) like 75 or something. But how many is Stevie to have fully written that we don't know about?? thats what I'd like to know. 75 is like nothing....of course she could do a Bob Dylan and release the alternates/masters/outtakes/extended....with dvds' ......she could sell rare photos with HWW3...shirts....but lets not forget she is afraid of the Internet....so that's not gonna happen in this life time. They've all put themselves in boxs that they can't get out of or don't want to?? Just like this tour....with all the 'hits'....its a shame and in many ways uncreative. Besides the $$ and the economy thats another of the many reasons I am not inspired to support this tour or any other same with Stevie. Maybe as an older fan I guess I'd love something special....I guess I'm expecting too much. The same old same old is all they want to give there fans....at least IMO.....no offence just some thoughts......I do agree with the post in quotes....I'm sure I'm like totally forgetting something here.......easy to do.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."