User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You just KNOW that once this tour is over and some time has passed and she's on to whatever the next thing is the real truth about this tour will come out... .and it wouldn't surprise me to hear her say "the chemistry on the 2013 tour was only onstage but Lindsey and I never talked offstage because we just aren't good friends, we weren't those kind of lovers; now, Mick and I.....well, we hang out and watch movies" blah blah blah
Well, didn't someone see Stevie and Lindsey having dinner together this tour?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
did anyone go to a show on the SYW tour? How was the chemistry then? It seemed awesome on all the videos I have seen...then again it also seems like LB was a complete maniac and Stevie was just going along with it
I went to see 3 shows on the Say You Will Tour. Honestly, I'm not sure how people can say they see a differentiation between one tour to the next. Every show on any given tour is rehearsed & synchronized down to every robotic second.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I went to see 3 shows on the Say You Will Tour. Honestly, I'm not sure how people can say they see a differentiation between one tour to the next. Every show on any given tour is rehearsed & synchronized down to every robotic second.
I have nothing to compare it to but videos from previous tours, but I felt like this tour seemed rather spontaneous... For them, anyway. The majority of places in the set in which they would interact were obviously planned, but there still seemed to be a lot of off the cuff stuff, especially during the WY intro and occasionally before Landslide.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's usually a VAST difference between tours. The Dance tour was miles away from the SYW tour.

SYW and Unleashed were pretty similar, but this last tour was from anything that went before as well.

Plus, just seeing shows at the beginning of the tour and then at the end of the same tour, there's a large difference in the presentation of the songs, the energy and the interaction. It's quite an evolution.

Michele
Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You just KNOW that once this tour is over and some time has passed and she's on to whatever the next thing is the real truth about this tour will come out.
This has been the case her entire career. She always acts like whatever she is doing is fabulous until a few years have passed. Isn't it funny how she still hasn't dissed Rod Stewart yet?
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Plus, just seeing shows at the beginning of the tour and then at the end of the same tour, there's a large difference in the presentation of the songs, the energy and the interaction. It's quite an evolution.
I will give you that. As the tours progress, you can see they get more tired, their vocals get a bit more ragged, they don't hit as high of notes, etc. But none of their 21st Century stage interactions, speeches, and such ever feel off the cuff, natural, or real. It's like going to see a Broadway play multiple times. Same actors, same story, but the delivery of the lines may vary slightly from show to show.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will give you that. As the tours progress, you can see they get more tired, their vocals get a bit more ragged, they don't hit as high of notes, etc. But none of their 21st Century stage interactions, speeches, and such ever feel off the cuff, natural, or real. It's like going to see a Broadway play multiple times. Same actors, same story, but the delivery of the lines may vary slightly from show to show.
You thought the Without You speech seemed well rehearsed?

It was pretty much a disaster every night, really, but that was what made it enjoyable,
Old 11-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes it was. A guy tweeted that he was eating at restaurant in Liverpool when they walked in together. The guy confirmed it was definitely Stevie and Lindsey, but didn't mention if they were alone or if anyone else was with them.

And I'm not so sure stevie will change her story this time. She's said things in the past about the two of them growing closer like the fact that Lindsey was treating her much kinder and that after seeing him with his kids she thought she had made a mistake when she left him (obviously that didn't last long) but I've never heard or read anything in the past where she's gone as far as to say the they were " as close now as when they first met". The other difference is that Lindsey is also confirming their renewed bond. This doesn't mean the two won't have a falling out in the future, but right now everything appears to be fairly blissful between the two of them and they have both also said they are making an effort to not go back to the "darkness" that distroyed their relationship in the past.

Last edited by Deeshere; 11-03-2013 at 10:21 PM..
Old 11-03-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I will give you that. As the tours progress, you can see they get more tired, their vocals get a bit more ragged, they don't hit as high of notes, etc. But none of their 21st Century stage interactions, speeches, and such ever feel off the cuff, natural, or real.
I disagree. Interaction can still feel very real. When I first saw the SYW tour the Tusk dance was just painful. They changed it (although it was still excruciating) but I also so a precision develop, an ease and a joy (of course Stevie will disagree and say there was never joy) grow between them, which was especially noticeable to me at the end of Don't Stop. I remember thinking at the Reno show that I'd never seen them melding like that and I hated the fact that the fight at the end spoiled things. I wish I'd been there to see what happened between my seeing them in Illinois at the beginning of the tour and then seeing them on the west coast. I marveled at the way things had changed and wondered how they'd gotten there.

Then, I saw the last shows, but not the very last one and Lindsey started getting sentimental, not just about Stevie, but about his deceased father, brother, got choked up over a dedication to Cory and how proud her dad would have been of her and changed the Say Goodbye prattle, so that it meant something it hadn't meant the dozen times I'd heard it before. It's been too many years or maybe it hasn't been enough.

Every stop on that journey was one I was happy to see and I saw something, felt something different each show -- but especially when I saw shows that were widely spread apart, rather than back to back.

Michele
Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You thought the Without You speech seemed well rehearsed?It was pretty much a disaster every night, really, but that was what made it enjoyable,
I can't speak for Louie but I think he'd agree with you that the WY intro and the Landslide intros were spontaneious on this tour but the rest of the show was mostly a copy cat version of their past tours.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Isn't it funny how she still hasn't dissed Rod Stewart yet?
I don't think she would want to diss Rod, he's the type of guy that won't hold back. I read the fight started because he called her old and it hurt her feelings (though I don't know if that's true or not) and if it is I would say look who's talking Rod's older and than Stevie and not holding up near as well as she is in looks (IMO)
Old 11-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Kind of like Lady And The Tramp?
Old 11-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Kind of like Lady And The Tramp?
Sharing a noodle?

Michele
Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
That sounds incredible lame and boring. They should just stay off the road if they don´t have the energy to do something from the heart!