Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

With the clues we have I would say Christine's statement to Lindsey about possible Stevie regret says a lot. IMHO I think this is why the setlist keeps changing because they cant find their footing on stage. It does not feel, sound, or look like Fleetwood Mac. This has never been played out before. When someone leaves i.e. Lindsey or Christine you fight to move on because you have no other choice. You cant look back because you move on with the band that you have. In this situation you have a pivotal band member want to play with the band but one band member used her ego about how many seats she fills take control of everything.
Old 12-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I too would like to see them patch things up on a personal note. I do think they really blew it on timing. After this tour I can't see them doing another huge arena run, I think age will be too big of a factor. They don't really have three years to wait until the next touring cycle. I could see them patching it up and doing a very limited run of shows in large markets and that's it. I don't even know If I would be interested in attending.

Now if Chris and Lindsey got back to making a follow up album, that is time well spent!!
Old 12-09-2018, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's probably safe to say that we who frequent this site are among the more devoted fans the band has, although we shouldn't kid ourselves that it's the casual fans who fill the seats and write the multi-million $$ pay cheques. If I were in the band and concerned about the legacy, I would pay attention to this. You have lost leagues of devoted fans over this! When it's a profit driven business, money is the only motivator. This is no different really than the CEO making millions and paying workers peanuts. This whole year has been a train wreck and by all appearances Lindsey is the only grown up in a room. Think about it, with behaviour like this in seniors in our own families, we'd be calling up the nearest retirement home. The best thing that could happen would be to cancel the rest of this cash grab tour, issue an apology to each other and the fans and call it a day. I feel sorry for Neil and Mike being attached to this and doing everything they can to make it work. Fans would be better to spend their money on a good show and catch Lindsey's tour. We can look forward to Lindsey's next album which will undoutedly be sincere and great.

Last edited by On Ice; 12-09-2018 at 10:03 AM..
Old 12-09-2018, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I don’t see how they could get back together again.
Mick and Stevie ,especially Stevie, would have to eat an awful lot of humble pie.
I mean she said that she never wants to perform on the same stage with him.
How she going to square that and welcome Lindsey back.
Mick, yeah, for the sake of cash in his pocket, but Stevie apologising in public....
Can’t see that happening.
I now think that they probably will get back together(which they shouldn't). $tevie will NOT apologize, either publicly or privately. I don't think $he's capable of apologizing. $he IS the boss, and Lindsey finally sees that now. We all do.

He will go back with his tail between his legs. $HE RUINED FM.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ok..

Just read this on the website Vulture.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/12/lind...twood-mac.html

I'm not sure why Lindsey would share what I assume Christine emailed him in confidence. I'm glad they finally settled although that means we will probably never know the complete truth - just bits and pieces.

“We’ve all signed off on something,” he said “I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.” He then twisted the knife a little by saying that Christine McVie emailed him and said she hates how he’s been treated and that it’s all Stevie’s fault. “She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.’”

And as I said previously, if Stevie didn't want to be in Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey then she should have opted out - I do love Stevie and would have been fine with another solo outing especially since I loved her last tour.
Old 12-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Just read this on the website Vulture.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/12/lind...twood-mac.html

I'm not sure why Lindsey would share what I assume Christine emailed him in confidence. I'm glad they finally settled although that means we will probably never know the complete truth - just bits and pieces.

“We’ve all signed off on something,” he said “I’m happy enough with it. I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.” He then twisted the knife a little by saying that Christine McVie emailed him and said she hates how he’s been treated and that it’s all Stevie’s fault. “She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.’”

And as I said previously, if Stevie didn't want to be in Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey then she should have opted out - I do love Stevie and would have been fine with another solo outing especially since I loved her last tour.
Mick NEEDS her($$$$$$$$$$$$$) to fill the seats, and he'll do anything to hang onto her. Including giving into her ridiculous demand to fire Lindsey. Mick Fleetwood is a cheap whore.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Christine McVie emailed him and said she hates how he’s been treated and that it’s all Stevie’s fault. “She said, ‘I believe deep in Stevie’s heart that she would like you to come home.’”
"Deep in Stevie's heart"?

Sing us another one, songbird.
Your girlfriend has no heart.

Just an obsession with fame.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:10 AM

I love this interview because it gives LB a sense of closure, and a more logical point of view than the discombobulated CBS interview in April (which was vague and loose at best).

You also get to see how the superstar has become a bully (she always has been throwing her stardom around).

I agree with LB that she had an agenda and she would carry it out to impress upon her power to her little circle of staff, to the band, and to the fans.

Backfire! You are a bully, Stevie Nicks. And you try to project it onto others. I'm not being it. "Ain't gonna happen..."
Old 12-09-2018, 11:19 AM

Oh, and as far as the band getting back together as this 5: I think LB just took the high road. Anything is Possible.

As for Christine, she was put in a very odd position. There's a lot of $$ involved and it's business, also, she just came back to the band and really lost most of her power. And..... she's 75 and looks a bit frail. Leave this poor women alone already.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I now think that they probably will get back together(which they shouldn't). $tevie will NOT apologize, either publicly or privately. I don't think $he's capable of apologizing. $he IS the boss, and Lindsey finally sees that now. We all do.

He will go back with his tail between his legs. $HE RUINED FM.

“This is going to cause more confusion than a mouse in a burlesque show”
Foghorn Leghorn
Old 12-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has ran a coup on the band. She has taking it over and ruined its legacy.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It sounds like he's open to going back again.

That disappoints the f*ck out of me.
I agree. I don't want that toolbag to taint Fleetwood Mac anymore than he already has. That interview is pitiful. He owns none of the mistakes he made. It is evident why the band cut him loose.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How many times can a guy leave a band and rejoin?

At some point, the Fleetwood Mac personnel department must have stamped DO NOT REHIRE on his file.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2018, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
I agree. I don't want that toolbag to taint Fleetwood Mac anymore than he already has. That interview is pitiful. He owns none of the mistakes he made. It is evident why the band cut him loose.
Toolbag? Don’t you mean the Talent?
Old 12-09-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Toolbag? Don’t you mean the Talent?
You read it right the first time! HAHA!