Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, his children are adorable.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I loved how often he focused on the photo of FM, with LB, John and Mick.
That was beginning to drive me crazy. But you know I remember Mick unrolling that picture in one of the promos for Destiny Rules , so the guys could hang it up in the stuido and it was very meaningful. As the documentary closed, Lindsey used pictures of his parents, his brothers, his children and the photo of Fritz where Lindsey is to the side and Stevie is sitting at the table with a red dress (a picture also used in Show You How). Made me very thoughtful.

Quote:
Stella is a doll, too.
I wish I could have seen more recent footage of Stella now that she is older. In that Joyce Ostin photo she just looked like she had quite a personality and I wonder if it's true.

I'd like to make fun of my guy here. I first noticed his pet in the Town and Country spread, but then John drove the point home in his Q & A when he said that Lindsey had a big poodle! I thought, "Wow, how emasculating."

Now, I don't want all you men out there who are proud, macho owners of giant poodles to send me hate mail. I'm just saying . . .

So, then I joked about it at the time with Matt and this other guy (who I don't see around anymore with the screen name LBsFingertips) and they told me that the dog wasn't that effeminate and it probably belonged to Kristen anyway.

Well, in the documentary, they focused on a family photo. Where they are all on a hammock. Kristen is minding her own business at one end of the hammock and Lindsey is at the other end, one arm around Will and the other clutching the big poodle. Clearly, that is his dog. Kristen probably wanted something respectable like a rottweiler, German Shepherd or a bull mastive, but no . . . Lindsey had to have a BIG poodle.

Michele
Old 03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

Ever read Travels With Charley by John Steinbeck?

Synopsis: Giant poodle takes roadtrip with Dad aka Steinbeck.

Good book and great read. Maybe Mr. B. (being a literary type) got the poodle in his honor.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
You're welcome! I'm truly happy to share them. I'm agreeing with you all about Lindsey being as human as the rest of us. His reactions on the phone make that poignantly clear, as well as the little clips of him and his wife towards the end after he decided to "settle" for an offer that perhaps wasn't what he had envisioned. It almost looks like consolation coming from her and acceptance coming from him. And it's very sweet/loving.
But you're mistaken because Lindsey's wife is a cold beyotch who Lindsey hates being with and every photo of them shows he's clearly uncomfortable around her.[/sarcasm]

I loved seeing Kristen, the kids and their interactions. Stella was too cute on the phone!

BTW, could someone rip that acoustic version of Castaway Dreams because OMG, it was fan-friggin-tastic!! I would love you forever and a day.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ So true, Christy! I LOVED that acoustic version of CAD. I watched it again today and it was very poignant and seemed to be placed well in that portion of the documentary.

I think Lindsey and his wife are adorable together now. I always thought she was lovely, but I'll admit I thought they seemed to look quite uncomfortable around one another in public settings. However, in this DVD where he's chasing her up the stairs and she's constantly smiling/staring at him so lovingly- plus the sweet cuddling embrace at the end- it's just very, very touching and I think they look like a wonderful couple...with beautiful children. Good for them.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 03-26-2008 at 10:19 PM..
Old 03-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

I agree, Nico. It's just that I went to 7 Wonders last night (BIG mistake) and read some.....um....stuff.

I think Lindsey is just more comfortable either A. at home with wife/kids or B. on stage. Most fan photos have him as a deer-in-the-headlights. LMAO!!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I agree, Nico. It's just that I went to 7 Wonders last night (BIG mistake) and read some.....um....stuff.

I think Lindsey is just more comfortable either A. at home with wife/kids or B. on stage. Most fan photos have him as a deer-in-the-headlights. LMAO!!
I agree! And the fan photos? Some of them are hysterical only because he looks like he's been caught stealing or something. He just has the funniest expressions in some of them. I don't think he's too natural in front of cameras unless he's got a guitar, or he's in a environment where he feels "at home" so to speak. A lot of people are like that. And perhaps his wife may be the same way.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thank you for the screencaps. Very sweet.

LMAO at the been-caught-stealing analogy! It's TRUE!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I'd like to make fun of my guy here. I first noticed his pet in the Town and Country spread, but then John drove the point home in his Q & A when he said that Lindsey had a big poodle! I thought, "Wow, how emasculating."

Now, I don't want all you men out there who are proud, macho owners of giant poodles to send me hate mail. I'm just saying . . .

So, then I joked about it at the time with Matt and this other guy (who I don't see around anymore with the screen name LBsFingertips) and they told me that the dog wasn't that effeminate and it probably belonged to Kristen anyway.

Well, in the documentary, they focused on a family photo. Where they are all on a hammock. Kristen is minding her own business at one end of the hammock and Lindsey is at the other end, one arm around Will and the other clutching the big poodle. Clearly, that is his dog. Kristen probably wanted something respectable like a rottweiler, German Shepherd or a bull mastive, but no . . . Lindsey had to have a BIG poodle.

Michele

For people with allergies to cats and dogs, poodles are often the only pet they can be around. I don't know if Lindsey has allergies, but recall when Stevie and Lindsey were together they also had a poodle. Anyone know?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That was beginning to drive me crazy. But you know I remember Mick unrolling that picture in one of the promos for Destiny Rules , so the guys could hang it up in the stuido and it was very meaningful. As the documentary closed, Lindsey used pictures of his parents, his brothers, his children and the photo of Fritz where Lindsey is to the side and Stevie is sitting at the table with a red dress (a picture also used in Show You How). Made me very thoughtful.

I wish I could have seen more recent footage of Stella now that she is older. In that Joyce Ostin photo she just looked like she had quite a personality and I wonder if it's true.

Michele
Radio talk show host Michael Savage has a poodle named Teddy who he adores. I guess they make for good company.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
For people with allergies to cats and dogs, poodles are often the only pet they can be around. I don't know if Lindsey has allergies, but recall when Stevie and Lindsey were together they also had a poodle. Anyone know?
I don't know. I know in CAH's book she described how Lindsey gave her a kitten and then there was a picture of him holding it.

Speaking of felines, that part with Will saying he's in charge of the studio and Lee Lee (by default) claiming control of the stuffed toy kitty is now one of my favorite FM metaphors. The other is Stevie in Crystal Visions saying how even the flamingos who mate for life fight constantly with each other.

Michele
Old 03-27-2008, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know. I know in CAH's book she described how Lindsey gave her a kitten and then there was a picture of him holding it.

Speaking of felines, that part with Will saying he's in charge of the studio and Lee Lee (by default) claiming control of the stuffed toy kitty is now one of my favorite FM metaphors. The other is Stevie in Crystal Visions saying how even the flamingos who mate for life fight constantly with each other.

Michele
^^^^
The flamingo quote is one of my all time favorite Stevie quotes. Also the black swans in her EveryDay video. Very interesting.

The kitty comment by Leelee is one of my favorite parts of the entire documentary.

Sidenote...when Kristen is running up the stairs being chased...anyone know who is in the kitchen? I assumed Lindsey was doing the filming but then I thought I saw him in the kitchen.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^^

Sidenote...when Kristen is running up the stairs being chased...anyone know who is in the kitchen? I assumed Lindsey was doing the filming but then I thought I saw him in the kitchen.
I don't know who was in the kitchen, but they listed other cameramen. Kristen, Lindsey, Ray Lindsay and then someone else. Could have been Ray.

Michele
Old 03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^^^^
The flamingo quote is one of my all time favorite Stevie quotes. Also the black swans in her EveryDay video. Very interesting.
You're right it was the black swans, not flamingos.

Michele
Old 03-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey! Poodles are AWESOME. They are super smart and easy to train, good with children, alert, and loyal. The traditional haircut is much too foofoo, but they are great dogs. No dissing!!

I still haven't picked up my copy of this.. but I can't wait to watch the doc.