Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bets on a new album?

How likely do you think it is that we'll see a new album from Lindsey before any more Fleetwood Mac stuff is done?

I'm praying that we get the solo album he said would be out "early 2008" some time before the end of this year but I'm sceptical. I don’t think it’ll end up as a FM album because that would require Stevie to contribute new material and I don’t see that happening.

My ideal situation would be for him to release a solo album some time in the next six months and then tour it outside of the US but I’m willing to fly over to see him this time. I’d much rather have a Liddy Buck solo your than a Fleetwood Mac one (never mind one with Sheryl Crow).
Old 03-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that I've read the stuff about Sheryl Crow joining FM for the next FM tour and studio work (read the Rumours Forum) I doubt if we'll see a new Lindsey album...

...but maybe he's been working dilligently as a medieval monk and we will see if BEFORE we see the FM album....

...but with the excitement about Sheryl Crow, I think all energies are gonna be focused on FM and not the second solo album.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still holding out hope. I'm not betting on it, but I still have hope.

I would be okay with it if he went the totally shameless self promotion route, really. I would be just as excited if he released the album shortly before FM toured (honestly, I have no faith in a new FM album happening), added a song or two into the FM setlist, had copies offered in the venue.. all of that. It would expose his work to the wider casual audience, give him a little ego time, and give us a brand new album.

Obviously, my preferred scenario would be Lindsey cd, Lindsey tour, FM tour, then we'll see from there... but I guess time is starting to run out for this year as far as getting an album and tour together in time to wrap up the tour and prepare for FM on the road in 09. Plus, I don't know how well the man and his family would deal with back to back tours.

I wish FM would stop derailing Lindsey projects. 06 and 07 filled me with so much hope. COME ON LINDSEY, GIVE US ANOTHER CD!!!!

Last edited by Sarah; 03-14-2008 at 04:26 PM..
Old 03-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's just hope he's not offering up the new songs to Fleetwood Mac again...that would piss me off.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Let's just hope he's not offering up the new songs to Fleetwood Mac again...that would piss me off.
Me. Too.

Indeed!
Old 03-14-2008, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well what the hell else if he going to bitch about in the interviews

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I'll be pissed if he gives up his songs to FM again. I don't want another FM album unless it's as long as SYW or a double album so we get at least a proper albums worth of Lindsey songs. I don't want 3-5 songs and then him to release nothing for another 3 or more years. His songs need to get out there and if wants to get as many out as possible then FM is not the way to go IMO.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Well what the hell else if he going to bitch about in the interviews
Nothing, because it's the best time of his life :P
Old 03-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
Well what the hell else if he going to bitch about in the interviews...
I love you people and your senses of humor. You make me smile and it makes my co-workers paranoid.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I love you people and your senses of humor. You make me smile and it makes my co-workers paranoid.
I know right - sometimes I just totally laugh out loud and they can hear me despite my closed door

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I want that solo album. period.

That whole FM-**** with Miss Crow is such a turn off for me. I like her, but I think this move is a cheap sell out. Lindsey is willing to sell out in a FM environment, but untill this day he refuses that in a solo environment. So I NEED that soloalbum. Period.

Old 03-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I want that solo album. period.

That whole FM-**** with Miss Crow is such a turn off for me. I like her, but I think this move is a cheap sell out. Lindsey is willing to sell out in a FM environment, but untill this day he refuses that in a solo environment. So I NEED that soloalbum. Period.
I agree 100%

TBT I HATED Sheryls production and contributions to BOTH SYW and Stevies TSIL...I refuse to let her fck around with LBs stuff. EVER.

And I think if she tried Lindsey would probably have like a deathmatch with her, but seriously, NO.

And if its the rockin album Lindsey promised us, I would much rather have that, like an updated Law and Order mixed with some OOTC.
And plus I dont think LB would be too thrilled to be working with FM again, anyways...

Solo album by the end of the year!!
Thats what im praying for
Old 03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can't see Lindsey on stage with Sheryl and Stevie - I just can't.

Unlike the others in the band, I don't believe he needs the money - I know he has a young family and will want to look after them but I don't suspect he's short of cash.

The key thing for me though is that he seemed so happy when I saw the Boulder shows. There was a real vibe with his band and he was really enjoying himself. When I saw him in Australia at the back end of the SYW tour he went 'through the motions' compared to how he was in Colorado imo. I hope he puts out his album and tours before doing anything 'rash'........
Old 03-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I'm still holding out hope. I'm not betting on it, but I still have hope.

I would be okay with it if he went the totally shameless self promotion route, really. I would be just as excited if he released the album shortly before FM toured (honestly, I have no faith in a new FM album happening), added a song or two into the FM setlist, had copies offered in the venue.. all of that. It would expose his work to the wider casual audience, give him a little ego time, and give us a brand new album.

Obviously, my preferred scenario would be Lindsey cd, Lindsey tour, FM tour, then we'll see from there... but I guess time is starting to run out for this year as far as getting an album and tour together in time to wrap up the tour and prepare for FM on the road in 09. Plus, I don't know how well the man and his family would deal with back to back tours.

I wish FM would stop derailing Lindsey projects. 06 and 07 filled me with so much hope. COME ON LINDSEY, GIVE US ANOTHER CD!!!!
I'm pretty much EXACTLY the same as this.

Not totally giving up on a solo album, since I believe there is a possibility that he's been working on this album in this downtime he's had, and will continue to have until the FM project is ready to get going. Would LOVE to see him tour on his own prior to an FM tour, but am not sure how likely that would be, especially since I doubt he'd want to be away from his family for as long as that would take. I would obviously be content with seeing him on an FM tour over no tour at all, and don't think it would be an awful idea to slide a few new songs into their set and use the situation to get a little more attention.

Really, though, I just want to a little more music and to see the man live, and it sounds like we're at LEAST going to get the latter and hopefully, the former with it. Time will tell.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, Stew... it appears to me that LB has been one of the few rockstars that didn't blow all of his cash. I mean, he lived in the same house for a very, very long time.. it's only since he's had the kids and wife that he's torn down, reconstructed, sold, and relocated. Besides, he gets a check in the mail from BMI (or ascap or whatever he belongs to) for radio plays of songs he has writer credit on.. then there are album sales for all the stuff that's been released so far, greatest hits and all of that type of crap included. seriously, I doubt he "has" to tour with them at all. If he did, he would have been speaking about it more positively leading up to this, imo, but he's just been like, "eh, maybe"-ish.