User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You could just do one night and film each song multiple times, for a dvd. Like LIB.

But I like the rumor anyway. There is no other place I'd rather have them film than London, because then, just maybe . . . I'm beginning to get vapors just thinking about it. I could daydream about that all summer.

Michele
Is there a rumour this will happen then? Or just wishful thinking on here?
Old 07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Is there a rumour this will happen then? Or just wishful thinking on here?
Oh, yeah. It's not a real rumor, I guess. Just the speculation posted here.

I think that it would be easier to have taped something at the end of this tour, when they'd gotten all the performances pretty much down to a science, than to come back in a few months. Although, from a marketing perspective, maybe it might sound grander to say "Live in London" for this DVD, since they just released another live one a few years ago. Maybe it would sound like this tour was on a bigger scale or something. It seems very unlikely though.

Michele
Old 07-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think that it would be easier to have taped something at the end of this tour, when they'd gotten all the performances pretty much down to a science, than to come back in a few months. Although, from a marketing perspective, maybe it might sound grander to say "Live in London" for this DVD, since they just released another live one a few years ago. Maybe it would sound like this tour was on a bigger scale or something. It seems very unlikely though.

Michele
I sure hope that they would tape the London shows.. that would be awesome! If they aren't going to promote any new albums now, then the very least they could do, IMO, is do something like make a dvd of the London shows. But who knows if that will happen... Just wishful thinking on our part.. Here's to hoping tho!

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 07-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How about another live album? Or not.

I'm thinking of an entirely different product line ... say, clothes. Buckingham & Nicks wardrobe, available in Small, Medium, Large, X-tra Large at JC Penney. Maybe the Mick Fleetwood vest, too, & John McVie baseball caps & sprinters.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-03-2009, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Really? I'm just curious as to why you feel that way. I personally miss the new material the SYW tour presented, and the passion Stevie exhibited. Granted, the inclusion of Storms was something I'm thrilled with and thought we'd NEVER see, but I could have said the same thing about Beautiful Child for the Say You Will tour. Before I have people jump on me, I'm not trying to be negative at all, I'm just curious as to why Gavin feels this tour is superior .
Hahaha funny. And when the SYW tour was happening everyone was like, omg Stevie's sleepwalking! I mean, imo she's always kicked ass, but she seems ON FIRE this tour. Maybe she's not bringing back 10 retired songs, but her performances of each song of hers on this tour is incredible. Maybe her vocals aren't quite how they were on the dance tour, but t hey are damn good still, and she's showing energy that I haven't seen since maybe Enchanted tour!

~She wonders how many more hours her heart will feel broken~
Old 07-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRox2 View Post
As per Mick, no they are not filming for the general public. However, they do film every performance for themselves, & he said that they hadn't done that in awhile, since I brought it up. He said that gave him pause to remember to record the Europe shows for the band. bummer!
Um, hello! No DVD, filming for us, nada!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieRox2 View Post
Um, hello! No DVD, filming for us, nada!
Things can change.... You never know.

They filmed either all or a bunch of the SYW tour - cause Cory in her tour diaries said the road crew would watch the show just performed in the bus on the way to the next venue....
Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Things can change.... You never know.

They filmed either all or a bunch of the SYW tour - cause Cory in her tour diaries said the road crew would watch the show just performed in the bus on the way to the next venue....
This must have gotten really boring. I wonder what they do with all the shows. They just must be sitting around somewhere. That's too bad.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailatixela View Post
This must have gotten really boring. I wonder what they do with all the shows. They just must be sitting around somewhere. That's too bad.
LOL!! Yeah I don't think I could watch every show I get bored listening to the same show over and over let alone watching it...... I don't download every show like some do--but that is more than cool if you do!! I'm a picture person--I could look at a thousand pics and never get tired of those

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 07-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cory's tour diaries?

I absolutely love her and wanna see this/get more information on her if possible.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure if there is a site where you can read them all anymore. I wasn't around here for that - but I know they were posted on the ledge. Just do a search for tour diaries and you should start to stumble upon the old threads.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly feel like the band is using all of this extraneous crap (the Unleashed tour, any new DVDs, etc.) as an excuse to not put out any new material yet. I sure love having them continue to put SOMETHING out there for us, but its gotten to the point where I feel like they're comfortable with all of the old and just not ready to put their foot forward into the "new." It may be a lack of material (I doubt it), band conflicts, the overwhelming thought of promoting an entirely new album and all the work/insanity that coincides with that.... but honestly, all this greatest hits stuff has really been pouring out since The Dance and its overwhelming success. Its just time to move on.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I honestly feel like the band is using all of this extraneous crap (the Unleashed tour, any new DVDs, etc.) as an excuse to not put out any new material yet. I sure love having them continue to put SOMETHING out there for us, but its gotten to the point where I feel like they're comfortable with all of the old and just not ready to put their foot forward into the "new." It may be a lack of material (I doubt it), band conflicts, the overwhelming thought of promoting an entirely new album and all the work/insanity that coincides with that.... but honestly, all this greatest hits stuff has really been pouring out since The Dance and its overwhelming success. Its just time to move on.
You made a lot of very good points here. Honestly these are several of the reasons why FM have lost many longtime fans.(Stevie once asked an interviewer,"what happened to all our fans we had in 1980?") They get so tired of waiting for something new or some type of setlist change that they simply give up and move on. I for one am in it for the long haul but have many, many times been completely frustrated with all of these issues throughout the years, starting in 1983.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You made a lot of very good points here. Honestly these are several of the reasons why FM have lost many longtime fans.(Stevie once asked an interviewer,"what happened to all our fans we had in 1980?") They get so tired of waiting for something new or some type of setlist change that they simply give up and move on. I for one am in it for the long haul but have many, many times been completely frustrated with all of these issues throughout the years, starting in 1983.
I'm in it for life, too. I will support the band 200% until the day they all die... just because they're wasting everyone's time right now doesn't mean they aren't absolutely incredible in my eyes, even if our only current reminder of that is all the old material and demos. Keep the faith!