User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
I saw every LA show from the white album thru The Dance (excluding the Bekka/Billy/Dave phase...that was not Fleetwood Mac to me!)
I thought Bekka did a great job. Since Chris was still in the band, but just not touring, I didn't have an issue with it. I'd rather see Bekka with Billy and getting it somewhat close than the 2003/04 tour.

Quote:
however, I did not see the '03 show and I didn't see the current tour....it's just not Fleetwood Mac to me anymore without the two ladies. However, even the tour for The Dance was starting to sound like a Vegas Greatest Hits act.
At least you're consistent. I saw The Dance tour, and a few shows on the SYW tour, but I think I'm done. I didn't see the last tour, and I doubt the next tour will be all too amzing. They're done.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-28-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought Bekka did a great job. Since Chris was still in the band, but just not touring, I didn't have an issue with it. I'd rather see Bekka with Billy and getting it somewhat close than the 2003/04 tour.

At least you're consistent. I saw The Dance tour, and a few shows on the SYW tour, but I think I'm done. I didn't see the last tour, and I doubt the next tour will be all too amzing. They're done.
Yeah to me it's not about the fact that Christine is gone as much as they just bore me to death.... there is nothing exciting about their show...
Old 06-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I don't understand the whole Buckingham/Nicks drama package, some kind of nuerosis milked for public display I guess
It worked for me, aesthetically, when they were both young & firm-bosomed, nimble & pert-breasted.

But now they're going -- gently or not, I don't know -- into that good night, & the one has had too many vocal lessons & the other not enough vocal lessons; & I find the whole thing just croaks & lurches & waddles.

For some reason, my brain can't dig them anymore.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-28-2009, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yeah to me it's not about the fact that Christine is gone as much as they just bore me to death.... there is nothing exciting about their show...
For me, I suspect I would've gotten bored to death a lot earlier if Christine left sooner (i.e. Tango era).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-29-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
For me, I suspect I would've gotten bored to death a lot earlier if Christine left sooner (i.e. Tango era).
Do you think had she stayed that the show would be different? better vocals? better setlist? better balance? better interviews? better new material? better groove... better hair?

...I think the setlist would have been better....
...I think they would have sold a lot more seats...
...I think the general interest would been much greater...
...I think Stevie would have been way more motivated..

who knows... maybe they would have been a lot better and a little more interesting... that's the magic of those 5 people...
Old 06-29-2009, 06:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I still wish a stripped version of Tango In The Night could be put together like Let It Be Naked by The Beatles.
What a GREAT idea.

And it would sell well, too ... with a title like "Fleetwood Mac Does the Naked Tango." LOL