User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default BuckVie on CBS This Morning Saturday June 10

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fleetwoo...er-duet-album/

Portion of the interview and some rehearsal performances. You can hear them performing Too Far Gone way in the background while the reporter does the intro.

They do SATC and That's How I Feel in the portion they show. Like on Fallon, Christine seems to be barely playing if at all on BOTH of these songs (her hands are resting on the keys during That's How I Feel but it looks like Brett is doing most of the playing). Wassup widdat???

Is it me or does Christine's face kind of tighten up or something when Lindsey jumps in to answer the "was it supposed to be a FM album?" question with "oh no it was never a FM album"?? (Speaking of her appearance, it does seem like she's stopped with the overdone fillers and is back to her more natural, age-appropriate face. Good!!)
Old 06-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fleetwoo...er-duet-album/

Portion of the interview and some rehearsal performances. You can hear them performing Too Far Gone way in the background while the reporter does the intro.

They do SATC and That's How I Feel in the portion they show. Like on Fallon, Christine seems to be barely playing if at all on BOTH of these songs (her hands are resting on the keys during That's How I Feel but it looks like Brett is doing most of the playing). Wassup widdat???

Is it me or does Christine's face kind of tighten up or something when Lindsey jumps in to answer the "was it supposed to be a FM album?" question with "oh no it was never a FM album"?? (Speaking of her appearance, it does seem like she's stopped with the overdone fillers and is back to her more natural, age-appropriate face. Good!!)
I don't know why she's not playing the keys. It's disappointing. Seriously. Even if she isn't playing on the studio version, she could easily play some two handed chords while singing. But she's simply not. They keyboard is a prop. She did some of this during the On with the Show tour, but I didn't think it would persist. Not sure what the issue is.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

They do SATC and That's How I Feel in the portion they show. L
here's the whole preview of the interview -

Too Far Gone is the only song you hear in the background, other than all 4 singles - Red Sun, SATC, How I Feel and IMW.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

pasting the whole interview -

CBS NEWS June 9, 2017, 9:39 AM
Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie release first duet album
Comment Share Tweet Stumble Email
Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Christine McVie are joining forces for their first duet album.

The record, out Friday, is called "Lindsey Buckingham, Christine McVie."

Fleetwood Mac's 1970s hit "Don't Stop" from the album "Rumours" topped the charts for 31 straight weeks, but the band has always been known as a bit of a musical soap opera, reports CBS News' Anthony Mason.

McVie was married to bassist John McVie, and Buckingham lived with Stevie Nicks.

Both couples broke up, but somehow the band survived. Now, for the first time, Buckingham and McVie have teamed up musically.

"There's been a lot of drama among members of Fleetwood Mac," Mason said.

"Oh, you could say that," Buckingham said.

But Buckingham and McVie have never had drama between themselves.

"Not yet," Buckingham joked. The two began working on new songs together when she rejoined Fleetwood Mac after a long absence in 2014. Bandmates John McVie and Mick Fleetwood provide much of the rhythm section on Buckingham-McVie's debut duet album, which makes it an almost-Fleetwood Mac record. Everybody's on the album except Nicks, which had some people wondering if it started as a Fleetwood Mac album.

"No, it didn't really. There was no idea of saying, 'Oh we're trying to make a Fleetwood Mac album.' It was just, 'Let's get together and have some fun with this.' But as I said, it only took about a week for us to start to get a little territorial about it maybe being a duet album," Buckingham said.

Last month, they took over Sound Stage 22 on the Sony lot in Los Angeles to begin rehearsing for a summer tour.

McVie has been singing harmonies with Buckingham since he first joined Fleetwood Mac back in 1975 with his then-girlfriend Nicks.

lindsey-buckingham-christine-mcvie-cover-art.jpg
"It was with Stevie and John, and it was a little studio somewhere," McVie said of the first time she and Buckingham sang together. "I was playing 'Say You Love Me.' And you and Stevie chirped in with fantastic background vocals. And we just all sat, I mean I sat there with goosebumps. I could not believe it."

They'd form the classic lineup of Fleetwood Mac. Their first album together went to number one. Their second, "Rumours," would sell more than 40 million copies.

But in 1998, tired of the travel and the feuding, McVie quit the band and moved to the English countryside, where she'd stay for 16 years.

"And it was OK for a few years, and then I just became quite isolated really," McVie said.

McVie did do a solo album during that time.

"How could I forget? In my garage, we call it 'the dirge' album. Cause I was in a dark space then," she said.

"Did you decide that you're not really a solo artist after all?" Mason asked.

"I know I'm not," she said. "I'm not."

McVie took her first tentative steps back into Fleetwood Mac in 2013, when Fleetwood invited her to join them for one gig at London's 02 Arena, a reunion captured on fans' cellphone video.

"He said, 'Why don't you just come on and do "Don't Stop" with us?' So that's, that's in the end what I did," she said. "And looking around at these other four individuals - it was just a mind-blowing experience."

Right away, she knew she wanted to go back.

"There is nothing like this extended family that is Fleetwood Mac. And I think you have to say, for all the perceived and real dysfunction that there has been, underneath that, there is and always has been a great deal of love. And that keeps pulling us back together," Buckingham said.

The Buckingham-McVie tour opens in Atlanta June 21 and runs through July.

Watch "CBS This Morning: Saturday" for the duo's Saturday Sessions performance and for more of Mason's interview.

© 2017 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was surprised at how much this performance of In My World mirrored their performance on the Tonight Show. It was pretty much exactly the same, sad to say. Poor Christine, drowned out by the two guys singing backup, and she didn't even bother to pretend playing keyboards this time, letting her hand simply rest on the keys. And it sure looked like Lindsey was lip syncing at the end of the song. Love is Here to Say seemed an uninspired choice, too. At least we could hear Christine, though.

The interview was fantastic!
Old 06-10-2017, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just watched this on tv. The interview was a little different: a quick recap of how Chris joined FM then Stevie and Lindsey joining. I didn't hear anything about how this album came to fruition (unless I missed something but I don't think so). They played IMW and Love is here to stay. LIHTS is better live in my opinion although I love both songs.

Weird that Chris isn't playing much/at all. Remember during OWTS she injured her R hand and wore a black splint/brace for a bit. In this clip she's not doing much with her L hand tho.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is airing now on the west coast. They just showed the interview and the performance of IMW. As noted by others here, it is almost identical to the Fallon performance-- in all the wrong ways. It feels like Christine is there as a prop to a solo LB performance. WTF?

They were in the middle of doing How I Feel About You live when they came back from a commercial, and we saw them play for maybe 30 seconds, and then it went back to another commercial. ??? But they were doing it live in the tv studio. Christine sounded a bit off key but it sounded way more live than most of IMW.

I'm waiting to see them do their next song. If it is Love is Here to Stay then I'm really bummed--- why not do one song of his and one song of hers where we can actually hear them?

I'm also kinda befuddled by their interaction-- they display very little to no chemistry or interaction while performing-- no exchanges of looks or whatever like when they play together in FM. Will this change as they warm up with more shows??? I sure do hope so.

Yep it's LIHTS. You're right....she's a BIT more audible on this one........ Again, though, little chemistry. He just looks straight ahead.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good point about their lack of interaction. Normally they are smiling and nodding to each other. I felt so much joy in watching them interact during OWTS; like they were affirming and encouraging each other.

On a side note my SO who is not a FM fan but has been dealing w/me for years just said "I listened to a few songs and the production's really good on this!" My response "of course, it's Lindsey Buckingham" with the proper amount of indignation.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes! Love is Here to Stay!!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Link to In My World performance

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/saturd...m-in-my-world/
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

really loved Love Is Here To Stay.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I just watched this on tv. The interview was a little different: a quick recap of how Chris joined FM then Stevie and Lindsey joining. I didn't hear anything about how this album came to fruition (unless I missed something but I don't think so).
True, they didn't talk about how the new album came to be, but I think that was a good thing- I don't think the fans want to hear Lindsey feign surprise that people think this is a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie, and is not really a duets album at all.

What I liked about the interview was the background on Christine McVie- of the three songwriters in FM, she's the one usually left out of the limelight. Not this time, though.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Feel About You

CBS Saturday Sessions performance of "Feel About You" posted on YouTube:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b12OPn...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-10-2017, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
True, they didn't talk about how the new album came to be, but I think that was a good thing- I don't think the fans want to hear Lindsey feign surprise that people think this is a Fleetwood Mac album, just without Stevie, and is not really a duets album at all.

What I liked about the interview was the background on Christine McVie- of the three songwriters in FM, she's the one usually left out of the limelight. Not this time, though.
Agree about Chris. Maybe they decided to just focus on the music rather than keep explaining the FM/Not FM thing. Works for me--On With The Show!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default "Love Is Here To Stay"

"Love Is Here To Stay" performance on CBS Saturday Sessions:
https://youtu.be/-c0bBKCKQOk