The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 AM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

it would be much easier for me if LB stays solo, period.
Well, of course it would.

Thing is, he didn't start out that way and he probably won't ever be just that. Same goes for that thorn in your side to his right.

#BuckinghamNicks.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:36 AM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
During the ISA solo, she was the first to stand up from her seat, and burst into a raging applause before the song was over and it certainly was one of the highlights of the show, beside GDW. I love LB. He is a fantastic guitarist and most of the time, a great producer. I am a highly trained classical musician (opera singer-vocal coach), and as one, I have a great appreciation for flawless technical performance and execution of a musical piece, but something I appreciate above anything else is the artists ability to preserve, express and transfer the emotion through their art. Stevie is no instrumental virtuoso, but she is certainly capable of doing that through songwriting eons better then Linds, even if her songs are sometimes rudimentary as Linds once said. What she lacks in the technical part, she compensates with the ability to force you feel exactly the way she felt creating her art, and relive it through your eyes. Isn't that the sole purpose of art in general? Don't get me wrong, I don't find you a bad, irritating person at all. Quite contrary. I just don't understand your need to overanalyze everything Stevie does, so you can criticize her later every time you mention her name, and all that in front of a group of people that obviously mostly adore her. It would be much easier for you to enjoy her work with FM that you can put up with, and ignore the rest. And no, I am not one of the fans who faints of excitement every time she twirls, and wears platform boots. I am one of those fans that loves her for who she is as an artist.
It's funny how differently people can see/experience things, because Stevie songs leave me colder than a dead fish while Lindsey songs convey a lot more emotion and feeling and make me think about the lyrics and relate them to my own life and experiences.

And will someone please explain why twirls are so fascinating? Isn't it something most able bodied people can do?
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:55 AM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
It's funny how differently people can see/experience things, because Stevie songs leave me colder than a dead fish while Lindsey songs convey a lot more emotion and feeling and make me think about the lyrics and relate them to my own life and experiences.

And will someone please explain why twirls are so fascinating? Isn't it something most able bodied people can do?
Dead fish? Wow... you may get more out of LB's songs personally, but no one could ever accuse Stevie of lacking in the emotional lyric department. I mean, come on - that woman is one big giant mess of emotion.

She's a performance artist. The twirls are just part of that. Same as LB's expressions and movements.

I don't get the division people. Seriously. Lindsey vs. Stevie, Stevie vs. Lindsey. Good grief.

#BuckinghamNicks
#PowerCouple
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream

Last edited by CADreaming : 10-10-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:04 AM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Dead fish? Wow... you may get more out of LB's songs personally, but no one could ever accuse Stevie of lacking in the emotional lyric department. I mean, come on - that woman is one big giant mess of emotion.

She's a performance artist. The twirls are just part of that. Same as LB's expressions and movements.

I don't get the division people. Seriously. Lindsey vs. Stevie, Stevie vs. Lindsey. Good grief.

#BuckinghamNicks
#PowerCouple
Yes, dead fish. I don't get anything out of her songs. The way she words things and the flowery language don't do anything for me. And the music/melodies don't appeal to me to me either. This isn't a Lindsey vs. Stevie thing, I would feel the same way if I didn't know who Lindsey was. I'm more of a realist than a romantic, so I'm sure that plays a large part of it.

And the twirls, to each their own I guess. I just don't get it. And that's fine, not for me to understand I suppose.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
This isn't a Lindsey vs. Stevie thing, I would feel the same way if I didn't know who Lindsey was. I'm more of a realist than a romantic, so I'm sure that plays a large part of it.
It comes off that way because everyone splinters into these "Stevie" or "Lindsey" groups and compares them - ie: Stevie leaves me like a cold dead fish but Lindsey doesn't.... It's apples to oranges anyway as far as their solo stuff goes. I happen to really enjoy both, myself.

I don't even know how people can like one or the other and then be a Fleetwood Mac fan. (Unless you only like Christine).

And, since it's a pet peeve of mine, my apologies for hijacking the Cologne, Germany thread and thanks to everyone for their pics, reviews and video posts (Vivfox!). Really is nice to experience the shows through your eyes.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream

Last edited by CADreaming : 10-10-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
missundercover's Avatar
missundercover missundercover is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 81
Heart

Well... agree to disagree?
As the saying goes (at least in Germany): You can't fight about taste.

I'm not in a monogamous relationship with either, so: I'm free to love both for different reasons. <3 .
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:54 AM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
It comes off that way because everyone splinters into these "Stevie" or "Lindsey" groups and compares them - ie: Stevie leaves me like a cold dead fish but Lindsey doesn't.... It's apples to oranges anyway as far as their solo stuff goes. I happen to really enjoy both, myself.

I don't even know how people can like one or the other and then be a Fleetwood Mac fan. (Unless you only like Christine).

And, since it's a pet peeve of mine, my apologies for hijacking the Cologne, Germany thread and thanks to everyone for their pics, reviews and video posts (Vivfox!). Really is nice to experience the shows through your eyes.
I consider myself a Lindsey solo fan, not a Fleetwood Mac fan. As far as Fleetwood Mac goes, I like the Lindsey songs, some of the Stevie songs from Tusk and earlier, and maybe three Christine songs. But it makes sense to me that you can be a Fleetwood Mac fan and only like one or the other, or neither since there are so many incarnations of the band. There are plenty of people that just like the Peter Green era or Bob Welch. That's really the best thing about Fleetwood Mac is that no matter what your tastes are, there is probably an era or songwriter that you can enjoy. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan doesn't mean you have to enjoy every person that's ever been in that band.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I consider myself a Lindsey solo fan, not a Fleetwood Mac fan. As far as Fleetwood Mac goes, I like the Lindsey songs, some of the Stevie songs from Tusk and earlier, and maybe three Christine songs. But it makes sense to me that you can be a Fleetwood Mac fan and only like one or the other, or neither since there are so many incarnations of the band. There are plenty of people that just like the Peter Green era or Bob Welch. That's really the best thing about Fleetwood Mac is that no matter what your tastes are, there is probably an era or songwriter that you can enjoy. Being a Fleetwood Mac fan doesn't mean you have to enjoy every person that's ever been in that band.
True. I was really being specific to the Stevie and Lindsey era. I guess I think if you're a Lindsey fan you would at least appreciate his contribution and production on Stevie's songs, even if it's not your thing lyrically. I tend to look at Fleetwood Mac music as it was meant to be - the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, to borrow LB's favorite phrase. For example, there are a lot of "Buckingham Nicks" songs that I appreciate Christine's presence on, even if I thought they were really great with only Buckingham Nicks. I mean to dislike Stevie means you don't listen to Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gypsy, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman.... these are all songs synonymous with Fleetwood Mac. I don't see what kind of fandom is left if you're not into that. I mean I like Paul McCartney better than John Lennon, but without him there is no Beatles. It's the same school of thought the Christine fans have -- that it's not Fleetwood Mac without her. I can understand that because it's the meshing of the members that made up the thing to begin with. Otherwise, they would just be solo artists or not artists at all.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream

Last edited by CADreaming : 10-10-2013 at 12:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 10-10-2013, 12:50 PM
GoldDustBoy GoldDustBoy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
It's funny how differently people can see/experience things, because Stevie songs leave me colder than a dead fish while Lindsey songs convey a lot more emotion and feeling and make me think about the lyrics and relate them to my own life and experiences.

And will someone please explain why twirls are so fascinating? Isn't it something most able bodied people can do?


That's completely normal and fine. What I find ridiculous and illogical is obsessing over somebody you don't like, following their every move, and constantly ****ting on everything they do, and all that in front of a group of people who happen to love that person. I love Linds in FM, but I don't care for his solo career. I cant imagine myself visiting the Lindsey forum daily, just to trash his solo works.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:00 PM
CADreaming's Avatar
CADreaming CADreaming is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
That's completely normal and fine. What I find ridiculous and illogical is obsessing over somebody you don't like, following their every move, and constantly ****ting on everything they do, and all that in front of a group of people who happen to love that person. I love Linds in FM, but I don't care for his solo career. I cant imagine myself visiting the Lindsey forum daily, just to trash his solo works.
THANK YOU.
__________________

Twitter: https://twitter.com/CA_Dream
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:25 PM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldDustBoy View Post
That's completely normal and fine. What I find ridiculous and illogical is obsessing over somebody you don't like, following their every move, and constantly ****ting on everything they do, and all that in front of a group of people who happen to love that person. I love Linds in FM, but I don't care for his solo career. I cant imagine myself visiting the Lindsey forum daily, just to trash his solo works.
Yeah well, it goes both way. I see plenty of ****ting on Lindsey. And I don't see anyone following Stevie around and obsessing over her just to **** on her. If you follow Lindsey, she's there sometimes whether you like it or not. I didn't think this was the Stevie forum anyway? The only people I see obsessing over Stevie are the Stevie fans, isn't that as it should be?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:42 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 24,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
True. I was really being specific to the Stevie and Lindsey era.
I can see liking Fleetwood Mac and not liking Lindsey, Stevie or Christine. That's why I always laugh when someone says, "and you call yourself a fan." I always think, "No, I really don't or at least I don't call myself the same sort of fan that you obviously are."

Michele
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:46 PM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
True. I was really being specific to the Stevie and Lindsey era. I guess I think if you're a Lindsey fan you would at least appreciate his contribution and production on Stevie's songs, even if it's not your thing lyrically. I tend to look at Fleetwood Mac music as it was meant to be - the whole being greater than the sum of its parts, to borrow LB's favorite phrase. For example, there are a lot of "Buckingham Nicks" songs that I appreciate Christine's presence on, even if I thought they were really great with only Buckingham Nicks. I mean to dislike Stevie means you don't listen to Dreams, Rhiannon, Sara, Gypsy, Landslide, Gold Dust Woman.... these are all songs synonymous with Fleetwood Mac. I don't see what kind of fandom is left if you're not into that. I mean I like Paul McCartney better than John Lennon, but without him there is no Beatles. It's the same school of thought the Christine fans have -- that it's not Fleetwood Mac without her. I can understand that because it's the meshing of the members that made up the thing to begin with. Otherwise, they would just be solo artists or not artists at all.
I listen to Dreams and GDW. I don't enjoy the rest of the songs you listed and I don't think it ruins any fandom I have. I do fine with Tusk, GYOW, SMAP, ISA, Big Love, The Ledge, Not That Funny, etc. I will say that Stevie's songs seemed to greatly benefit from Lindsey's help but in the end they are still her lyrics/melodies and I just don't enjoy her music at the end of the day. I do appreciate Lindsey's guitar parts of those songs, especially Gypsy, but that's really not enough for me to want to listen to them. But I also have no problem if they were to just become solo artists and in fact I would prefer it. Yes FM is what first made them popular and why we know them today and I'm grateful for that but that doesn't mean I have to like Stevie's music. Everyone takes something different from music and has different tastes, I don't know why not enjoying the same arbitrary parts of the music you think are essential makes them any less of a fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I mean I like Paul McCartney better than John Lennon
That explains a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM
redtulip's Avatar
redtulip redtulip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can see liking Fleetwood Mac and not liking Lindsey, Stevie or Christine. That's why I always laugh when someone says, "and you call yourself a fan." I always think, "No, I really don't or at least I don't call myself the same sort of fan that you obviously are."

Michele
Thank you! This is exactly what I was trying to get at but didn't articulate as well or as briefly.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 415
Default

GDW from Andrea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlT43d3pKdU

Stand Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvR9a02lkc8
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan
$650.0
Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan pictureLLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$450.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$375.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock pictureDISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P
$199.98
DISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved