Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2013, 06:53 PM
Junior Ledgie

Smile Fleetwood Mac Biopic

Ok I am relatively new to this forum but have been a FM fan for forever. I want to try something, you know have a go at it. It's the FM biopic. I would really like to know everyones ideas: what they would like to see, and hear and who would play who and why. Just curious and prematurely excited to see what you all think!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Biopic!

I will keep posting this until someone tells me what they would like to see in a Fleetwood Mac biopic! I am going to start working on my directorial debut pretty soon for an independent film that I won't give any details about, but I would really like to tackle the fabulous soap opera that is Fleetwood Mac. And well, I'm gonna need help from fellow fans. (No I don't personally know the band, but I am a huge fan, who like other directors, doesn't need to know someone from the get go and works their way into meeting the inspiration for their film) Thanks! I'd really appreciate ideas!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceface View Post
I will keep posting this until someone tells me what they would like to see in a Fleetwood Mac biopic! I am going to start working on my directorial debut pretty soon for an independent film that I won't give any details about, but I would really like to tackle the fabulous soap opera that is Fleetwood Mac. And well, I'm gonna need help from fellow fans. (No I don't personally know the band, but I am a huge fan, who like other directors, doesn't need to know someone from the get go and works their way into meeting the inspiration for their film) Thanks! I'd really appreciate ideas!
I'm not sure what your looking for. I mean what we know about the band (that they themselves have admitted to) seems to be salacious enough to make a movie out of. I'm not sure what ideas you think the fans might give you that could be any better.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Biopic!

What I mwan is what YOU would like to see and how much of that, and who would play who... I didn't want to be annoying though if that's how I came off as
Old 10-14-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I mwan is what YOU would like to see and how much of that, and who would play who... I didn't want to be annoying though if that's how I came off as
No, not annoying. I just thought it was confusing. Really for me, (even though I like Peter Green and the Fleetwood Mac sound/story in the very beginning) I would like stories from when Stevie and Lindsey first joined to date.

As to who should play each member of the band, that kinda depends on how much money you want to spend.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll have a go at it...I too am interested in the story from 1975 on...too much history for one biopic. There are kind of 2 or even three stories there. Perhaps Bob Welch's time should actually start the biopic because I feel that if not for him and his musical influence, Stevie, who listened to all the music and made the initial decision, would maybe not have been so enthusiastic to take their lovely folk pop songs to the down and dirty blues band that FM was. And, Bob Welch had his own skeletons! I would like it to be a story about FM tho, not just S&L. The story is salacious and I wonder that it could effectively be told because of that ... Lots of drugs, sex and rock and roll! It would take some doing if you didn't want it to turn into a cheap and tawdry piece tho, kind of walking on a razor blade there! The story is certainly one that should be put down on film but, darling, what an ambitious project if it is a first? I'm going to have to think about the players...that's hard! C'mon people, let's play!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:12 AM
Ledgie

Wow - tall order. I don't think you could cover the entire band history in 2 hours - it would have to be a mini-series! But I think a couple of options:
1. Through Mick's eyes through the years, with 'chapters' for each major change of lead guitarists... or
2. Focus on the S&L years only, through Mick's eyes, but add some Mick flashbacks to pay homage to the earlier incarnations.
3. Only cover the S&L years, but viewing them as a group of 5, rather than through Mick's eyes specifically. Actually the description of them that is in the CAH book intro - and I kinda doubt she herself formulated this part, but - about them representing 5 different medieval type characters, would be a good way to think of the group, I think.
4. I think the S&L dynamic is more than enough for its own story, and you would have to really choose either Fleetwood Mac as a whole OR S&L story on its own.
That's my top of mind - it's interesting to speculate, as they are at that age, it seems when people start thinking of these things-
Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Unhappy Biopic

I have a lot of projects that I want to work on and Fleetwood Mac is top priority but I don't want to get my hopes up, I don't personally know any Mac members but it is something that I will passionately pursue and I do want to make it into a biopic but not anything on TV. I want to make it work so bad and into a film or maybe more! And I am asking all of you because y'all are fans, I know what I want to see, but what do you guys want to see? Every little detail counts!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
I have a lot of projects that I want to work on and Fleetwood Mac is top priority but I don't want to get my hopes up, I don't personally know any Mac members but it is something that I will passionately pursue and I do want to make it into a biopic but not anything on TV. I want to make it work so bad and into a film or maybe more! And I am asking all of you because y'all are fans, I know what I want to see, but what do you guys want to see? Every little detail counts!
staceface....Welcome to the Ledge!
Although I admire you enthuesiasm, and I also think it IS A Wonderful idea, my vision is a FM Musical...like Jersey Boys/American Idiot style. There was an original post by me (prob) 6 monthes ago....but I can't go back and retrieve the link. Michelle or Mod, a little help here?

IMHO a movie may be too cumbersome and as others have posted, 2 hours is simply Not enough time unless it was a mini-series. IMO FM is TOO Good for the small screen, anyway. I would love to work with Mick on a Musical, a Journey of the entire band until present-time. Unfortunatly for me, my background and degree is in the business area....Not Liberal Arts

However I still think it's a great idea and could really bring in the top-box-office sales and reviews that Mick so covets (and realistically needs) to support his family, winery, and restaurant. LOL.

BTW, other Ledgies....didn't Mick reveal in a recent (video) interview that he WAS considering the thought of a Musical? Not sure which interview this was but maybe the Playboy one, if any of it was caught on camera?

Best of luck staceface! Keep us all posted when this will come out! I would shell over good money to see this in the Theatre, Big Screen, and even the Video version!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
staceface....Welcome to the Ledge!
Although I admire you enthuesiasm, and I also think it IS A Wonderful idea, my vision is a FM Musical...like Jersey Boys/American Idiot style. There was an original post by me (prob) 6 monthes ago....but I can't go back and retrieve the link. Michelle or Mod, a little help here?
I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...4&postcount=13
Old 10-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm not sure if this is what you mean.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...4&postcount=13
No, but thank you for trying Michelle!

The original thread was started by me and was titled something like Mac Musical or FMAc Musical.

I am trying to find it, myself, thanks again, love.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=51246

Last edited by FierySequences; 10-15-2013 at 02:38 PM.. Reason: .
Old 10-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Yea, I Found It!

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=51246

Thanks again, Michelle!
Old 10-15-2013, 03:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Ok I am relatively new to this forum but have been a FM fan for forever. I want to try something, you know have a go at it. It's the FM biopic. I would really like to know everyones ideas: what they would like to see, and hear and who would play who and why. Just curious and prematurely excited to see what you all think!
Mick Fleetwood- Dame Diana Rigg (Why? Because she's Dame Diana Rigg and she can play anything she damn well pleases.)

John McVie- Dame Judy Dench (Why? Because she's Dame Judy Dench and she can play anything she damn well pleases.)

Christine McVie- Dame Helen Mirren (Why? Because she's Dame Helen Mirren and she can play anything she damn well pleases.)

Lindsey Buckingham- Benedict Cumberbatch (Why? Because Benedict Cumberbatch is simply a cool name, that's why. Plus he's got curly hair, so that's an added bonus.

Stevie Nicks- Dame Maggie Smith (Why? Because she's Dame Maggie Smith and she can play anything she damn well pleases. Plus she also played the role of a witch and Stevie says she's a Welsh witch, so it'd be good casting.)
Old 10-15-2013, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THAT portion has been beaten like a dead horse with thread after thread after thread...about once a year or so for (apologies to Sgt Pepper) "oh so many years". So, that may have been why you didn't get any quick responses to your original post.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
THAT portion has been beaten like a dead horse with thread after thread after thread...about once a year or so for (apologies to Sgt Pepper) "oh so many years". So, that may have been why you didn't get any quick responses to your original post.
LMAO....so well put. Also (within my OP, with a revolving cast...it really wouldn't matter Whom-played-who) as long as they were up-to-par, persee.

Granted....I could see A Musical version...going on for years/countries/continents=revolving cast, etc.

Very well put chiliD!