The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What do you want previewed next from LIVE DELUXE?
Second Hand News (Los Angeles 10-21-82) 3 11.11%
Think About Me (Kansas City 8-24-80) 6 22.22%
What Makes You Think You’re the One (Kansas City 8-23-80) 2 7.41%
Brown Eyes (Los Angeles 10-22-82) 3 11.11%
Angel (Cleveland 5-20-80) 3 11.11%
Hold Me (Los Angeles 10-21-82) 13 48.15%
Tusk (Kansas City 8-24-80) 1 3.70%
Sisters of the Moon (Omaha 8-21-80) 3 11.11%
Blue Letter (Little Rock 5-20-77) 3 11.11%
Gold Dust Woman (Los Angeles 8-29-77) 1 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LIVE DELUXE (1980) — Want a new preview?

They previewed The Chain from wherever already on Spotify and Apple Music.

Assuming they preview again, what are you hankering to hear next?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-24-2021, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Give me that clean version of an '82 Hold Me! I know it won't be all pretty and might have some rough spots, but I've been waiting for something better than a bootleg of that song live for decades!
Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Give me that clean version of an '82 Hold Me! I know it won't be all pretty and might have some rough spots, but I've been waiting for something better than a bootleg of that song live for decades!
Her solo tour version was so much better. I wonder which night they are going to use. I agree, I want to hear this. She really laid into the piano on this tune.
Old 02-25-2021, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted What Makes You Think and Think About. Both are from my favorite month of Mac touring ever and would be immensely gratifying, suffusing my afternoons with a roseate hue and the redolent scent of tea tree and Lebanese cedar.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-25-2021, 11:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

The running times for Hold Me and Gold Dust Woman are on iTunes, so pretty sure it'll be one of those, but I would much prefer Think About Me to be previewed next.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

For some reason everyone flames the Mobile, AL 1980 Think About Me saying it was mailed in.

Interesting to hear the Kansas City version but I assume it will be similiar.
Old 02-28-2021, 01:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

I voted for:

Brown Eyes: The song I'm waiting for the most, I love every bootleg of this song I've heard from both the 1982 tour and the 1987-1988 tour. I'm not sure what provoked them to play it on both tours (and NOT the Tusk tour, oddly) as I'm sure it was a bathroom break song at the time, but it sounds SUBLIME and I can't wait to hear a cleaned up version of it.

Hold Me: Same reasons as everyone else, I'm looking forward to hearing a cleaned up version of this one live. I know not everyone is a big fan of this rendition ("HOLLLLLLLD MEEE YEAUUUHHH") but I can hear a fun little rock song in the bootlegs and it'll be interesting to see if a remix of the vocals will do it good.

Think About Me: I've only ever heard one live performance of this song from the Tusk tour and I thought it sounded horrible, so my fingers are crossed that this one sounds better and we can get a good live version of this song!

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 02-28-2021, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
I voted for:

Brown Eyes: The song I'm waiting for the most, I love every bootleg of this song I've heard from both the 1982 tour and the 1987-1988 tour. I'm not sure what provoked them to play it on both tours (and NOT the Tusk tour, oddly) as I'm sure it was a bathroom break song at the time, but it sounds SUBLIME and I can't wait to hear a cleaned up version of it.

Hold Me: Same reasons as everyone else, I'm looking forward to hearing a cleaned up version of this one live. I know not everyone is a big fan of this rendition ("HOLLLLLLLD MEEE YEAUUUHHH") but I can hear a fun little rock song in the bootlegs and it'll be interesting to see if a remix of the vocals will do it good.

Think About Me: I've only ever heard one live performance of this song from the Tusk tour and I thought it sounded horrible, so my fingers are crossed that this one sounds better and we can get a good live version of this song!

Brown Eyes definitely is an interesting setlist choice for a band not know for taking too many risks. Especially by 1982, the set had gotten pretty well established and pulling out Brown Eyes from the previous album had to be something out of left field.

I like the HOLD ME HOLD ME YEAHHHHH approach. It was rough and lacked a lot of the polish that the studio version had. But I’m okay with that - I hate how everything live became polished and increasingly an attempt at recreating the studio version of a song.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

I like the HOLD ME HOLD ME YEAHHHHH approach. It was rough and lacked a lot of the polish that the studio version had. But I’m okay with that - I hate how everything live became polished and increasingly an attempt at recreating the studio version of a song.
I LOVED Hold Me live. Now, realize that I'm 16, with the best tickets I'd ever had(5th row center), at the height of my fandom.....with Lindsey SCREAMING, "why don't you come on and a" Hold Me. The band of my life, screaming a song in my face!!! I was in heaven!
Old 02-28-2021, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Fleetwood rehearsed it for the 1979 tour but never played it, I guess. Here is a 1979 rehearsal of it: https://gofile.io/d/TG18kg

Quote:
Fleetwood rehearsed this too in 1979, but apparently never added it to the set until August 1980. Rehearsal here: https://gofile.io/d/TqIvbf

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-28-2021, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can’t wait to hear the version of Think About Me. I’ve always loved the tour rehearsal of it, and I’m one of the few who actually love the one available live version. But I suspect this unearthed version will have a stronger vocal.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Can’t wait to hear the version of Think About Me. I’ve always loved the tour rehearsal of it, and I’m one of the few who actually love the one available live version. But I suspect this unearthed version will have a stronger vocal.
I saved both to my hard drive. TAM has a false start, where they play for maybe 30 seconds, then restart the song.
Old 02-28-2021, 04:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Fleetwood rehearsed it for the 1979 tour but never played it, I guess. Here is a 1979 rehearsal of it: https://gofile.io/d/TG18kg

Fleetwood rehearsed this too in 1979, but apparently never added it to the set until August 1980. Rehearsal here: https://gofile.io/d/TqIvbf
Nice! Thanks for sharing, I hadn't heard these before.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 03-01-2021, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I saved both to my hard drive. TAM has a false start, where they play for maybe 30 seconds, then restart the song.
That’s the first night (Aug 31) at the Hollywood Bowl. But there is actually another — Mobile AL soundboard. Have you guys heard that one too?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
That’s the first night (Aug 31) at the Hollywood Bowl. But there is actually another — Mobile AL soundboard. Have you guys heard that one too?
No.
I wasn't lucky enough to be their lighting guy...