User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She has talked about how horrible it made her feel when Christine and Lindsey wrote World Turning. Great read.
Can you point me to an article? Thanks.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Can you point me to an article? Thanks.
Spin Magazine from October 1997

Quote:
Well my success was not easy for Lindsey, not easy for any of them. And I knew that, and I felt terrible about it. There's a part of me that would have said, Let's tell everybody to stop talking about Stevie. Stop giving Stevie all this attention, because, guess what, it's making Stevie miserable. Because I have to live with these four people who know it's not my fault, but they can't help but blame me a little, and it's killing me. But I also remember getting very upset with Lindsey one night when I realized that he and Christine had written World Turning. I had been with Lindsey all those years and we had never written a song together. Plus, I walked into the studio and they were singing it together."

Michele
Old 08-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember her remarks on this and thought then and still think it is absurd that she would say that it is not her fault that she was getting attention when she has always actively sought fame and stardom. There is nothing wrong with that but at least take responsibility for the behavior.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I remember her remarks on this and thought then and still think it is absurd that she would say that it is not her fault that she was getting attention when she has always actively sought fame and stardom. There is nothing wrong with that but at least take responsibility for the behavior.
And while I think that Stevie's words were certainly true to some extent, I also think that she loves seeing herself in that role where everyone else is jealous. She's been talking about herself like this since Fritz. She talks of that early band and says how everyone came out to see the girl with the mousy hair and ignored everyone else in the band. She loves seeing herself as the focus of the crowd's and the industry's attention and the envy of all of her bandmates. So, she elaborates when this subject comes up.

Michele
Old 08-18-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And while I think that Stevie's words were certainly true to some extent, I also think that she loves seeing herself in that role where everyone else is jealous. She's been talking about herself like this since Fritz. She talks of that early band and says how everyone came out to see the girl with the mousy hair and ignored everyone else in the band. She loves seeing herself as the focus of the crowd's and the industry's attention and the envy of all of her bandmates. So, she elaborates when this subject comes up.

Michele
It's almost as if. (it is), she is asking for pity because she had some mega sales early on in her solo career. Then she turns around and says, "But, they wrote a song without me, so it serves them right that I'm so successful." lol She is a piece of work.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-18-2016 at 09:36 AM..
Old 08-18-2016, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
1. You know iamnotafraid, there is so much more entertaining things out there then taunting fleetwood Mac fans with made up stories and made up people like rusty and Barry.

2. And no, you have not got to me and served the purpose of your posts. I'm truly not bothered at all. I just don't "get it." Exactly what you could possibly get out of this.

1. I don't see how my story was taunting. It's a story.

2. If you know the purpose of my post, wouldn't you know what I'd get out of it?

Barry, Rusty and I thank you for your comments. Alec is another matter. He didn't
appreciate the slight.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You can go tell Alec that he isn't even significant enough of a fake person to have been mentioned! In fact have Barry relay the message just to rub it in.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 08-20-2016, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She is a piece of work.
She's something alright.

Have we known her too long?

Do all relationships end like this? For those of us
who've been fans since the 80's (insert your own
decade) is it just time that's made us sick of her?

Time has given us too much information about the
Queen. Time and Al Gore's invention that is. And
then the ravages of time. Few escape it. If it weren't
for the Queen's Golden Flower she'd shrivel up like
Mother Gothel.

I never would have guessed that I'd feel this way
about her. I'd rather be mad at her than feel like
I do now. Which at best seems to be apathetic.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Good Lord.

Stevie is not jealous. Stevie, in fact, tries to divert attention away from herself when she's with FM, almost to the point of being boring on stage. (Which is one of the reasons why I prefer seeing her solo.)

Unreal.
Old 08-21-2016, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Stevie, in fact, tries to divert attention away from herself when she's with FM...
Wait a second...
Old 08-21-2016, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Wait a second...
I know... I'm standing on my head trying to read that.
Old 08-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Good Lord.

Stevie is not jealous. Stevie, in fact, tries to divert attention away from herself when she's with FM, almost to the point of being boring on stage. (Which is one of the reasons why I prefer seeing her solo.)

Unreal.
Yeah, I've always liked her humility when she's onstage with other people. even her solo band, and especially back in the day, she was excited to talk about the other people who were with her. I think it's perhaps for more than one reason but nonetheless.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know... I'm standing on my head trying to read that.
Stevie has developed the art of saying things and having people immediately believe them as if she had actually exhibited the behavior she boasts she possesses. Like if she says, "I'm extremely modest," she, of course, is.

Michele
Old 08-22-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie has developed the art of saying things and having people immediately believe them as if she had actually exhibited the behavior she boasts she possesses. Like if she says, "I'm extremely modest," she, of course, is.

Michele
When someone is constantly talking about their own behavior it's an early sign of who they are.

Last edited by michelej1; 08-22-2016 at 07:59 PM..
Old 08-22-2016, 08:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, I mean to quote you, but edited instead.

Quote:
When someone is constantly talking about their own behavior it's an early sign of who they are.
Quote:
And as I watched him become more brilliant everyday, I felt very gratified. I was totally devoted to making it happen for him. I never worried about not being successful; I wanted to make it possible for him to be successful. And when you feel that way about somebody, it's very easy to take your own personality and quiet it way down. I knew my career was going to work out fine. I knew I wasn't going to lose myself.
But see like that. When Stevie describes herself that way, then I know she is the giving, selfless type.

Michele