Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Reality check: It wont happen.
If the Mac would record without her, Stevie would never do a tour to promote the album she was not part of. The Mac knows that and that is why Mick said the album is shelved for now.
PRECISELY. It's so obvious that's what's happening so can't people just stop with all of this? We're bound to get little bits of news somewhere down the line.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If the Mac would record without her, Stevie would never do a tour to promote the album she was not part of.
I think that's an absurd statement. We all know that the theme of any future tour won't be to promote a new album, even if there is a new album. Any new tour is going to be another oldies, cash-grab tour. If there happens to be a new album, they might do a mini-set of three songs from it (one from each songwriter), or two songs from it (one from Lindsey, one from Chris if Stevie isn't on the album).

The various musicians already take breaks during the show, except for Lindsey, and Stevie taking a short break while Lindsey and Chris do their new songs would be totally in keeping with the way the shows have been structured.

And guess what? Sadly, the mini-set of new songs would probably be a popular bathroom break for the majority of concert goers.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I think that's an absurd statement. We all know that the theme of any future tour won't be to promote a new album, even if there is a new album. Any new tour is going to be another oldies, cash-grab tour. If there happens to be a new album, they might do a mini-set of three songs from it (one from each songwriter), or two songs from it (one from Lindsey, one from Chris if Stevie isn't on the album).

The various musicians already take breaks during the show, except for Lindsey, and Stevie taking a short break while Lindsey and Chris do their new songs would be totally in keeping with the way the shows have been structured.

And guess what? Sadly, the mini-set of new songs would probably be a popular bathroom break for the majority of concert goers.
You may call it an absurd statement but I think its an absurd belief Stevie is going to perform on the stage (or run backstage) on a tour where she did not participate in the new songs. No matter what "YOU" call the tour, the tour would definitely promote the new album.
You cant have it both ways. You are calling any future tour an oldies tour. I think its fair for any band to play their hits. Lindsey and Chris love recording new material and will want to perform it on stage. I don't see the band recording an album without Stevie and then ignoring the album on any new tour (no matter what you call it). This is the band's last go round. The album or tour will not happen without Stevie.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:36 PM

Quote:
You may call it an absurd statement but I think its an absurd belief Stevie is going to perform on the stage (or run backstage) on a tour where she did not participate in the new songs. No matter what "YOU" call the tour, the tour would definitely promote the new album.
You cant have it both ways. You are calling any future tour an oldies tour. I think its fair for any band to play their hits. Lindsey and Chris love recording new material and will want to perform it on stage. I don't see the band recording an album without Stevie and then ignoring the album on any new tour (no matter what you call it). This is the band's last go round. The album or tour will not happen without Stevie.
I don't see Stevie running back stage. She would sing the new songs with them. She sang on World Turning. If they did Peacekeeper, I know Christine wouldn't run back stage even though, she wasn't on that album.
Old 08-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Golden Goose

They won't sacrifice the "golden goose" (i.e., the tour and the $ that come with it) for a new album. That is why there is not a new album and may never be a new album. The rest of the band realizes that if Stevie doesn't participate in the new album, there won't be an album at all. She holds all of the cards in this affair. As Mick said, they will likely be "pushing up daisies" before we hear the music. Perhaps Stevie feels a new album would detract from the band's legacy (or her own personal legacy). Her reasons are her own.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
They won't sacrifice the "golden goose" (i.e., the tour and the $ that come with it) for a new album. That is why there is not a new album and may never be a new album. The rest of the band realizes that if Stevie doesn't participate in the new album, there won't be an album at all. She holds all of the cards in this affair.
Only because they let her. With Christine back, they could easily be a viable entity without Stevie. At this point, it appears they just want to finish with the classic lineup in tact, and are going out of their way to make sure that happens. They want to ride into the sunset and have that happy sense of closure.

Of course, that flies counter to their entire history, or they'd be a hapless Krautrock inspired jam band that gives away all of its earnings to help struggling Africans. I wish Mick and John could find that thing within them that they had all those years ago that let them stand up to Peter Green. Yeah, they lost Peter, but they got Christine as a result.

Quote:
Perhaps Stevie feels a new album would detract from the band's legacy (or her own personal legacy).
Yet somehow a rushed album of lost demos she found on YouTube helps her legacy???

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-10-2016, 03:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She is almost 70 years old and she has toured more than any of them. She doesn't want to do it. Can't blame her. She clearly did not enjoy the last tour.
Old 08-10-2016, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I don't see Stevie running back stage. She would sing the new songs with them. She sang on World Turning. If they did Peacekeeper, I know Christine wouldn't run back stage even though, she wasn't on that album.
What the? Stevie was part of the album Mirage and Mirage tour. Of course she sung on those songs. The running backstage line was a joke because Stevie is not going to quit the band only to rejoin them months later on a world tour. I am surprised how many people believe that. That makes no sense. And its not personal to just Stevie. Who quits a band, refuses to record a new album but then gladly goes out on a tour with the group? That makes no sense and reflects you don't care about your craft or your band. You just want to sing songs on stage and get paid big bucks.
Peacekeeper is not going to be played at their farewell tour nor any tour promoting their new album.
Seriously?
Really

Last edited by Macfan4life; 08-10-2016 at 04:28 AM..
Old 08-10-2016, 08:39 AM

Quote:
What the? Stevie was part of the album Mirage and Mirage tour. Of course she sung on those songs. The running backstage line was a joke because Stevie is not going to quit the band only to rejoin them months later on a world tour. I am surprised how many people believe that. That makes no sense. And its not personal to just Stevie. Who quits a band, refuses to record a new album but then gladly goes out on a tour with the group? That makes no sense and reflects you don't care about your craft or your band. You just want to sing songs on stage and get paid big bucks.
Peacekeeper is not going to be played at their farewell tour nor any tour promoting their new album.
Seriously?
Really
You missed my point. My point was... whether she recorded or not. She would still sing on any of the songs they performed live. Do I think that would happen (that they record without her) Unlikely.

I used to love when she ran back stage. It gave the band moments of instrumentation. Like "Not That Funny", "I'm So Afraid"

But she doesn't do that anymore.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 08-10-2016 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-11-2016, 05:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You missed my point. My point was... whether she recorded or not. She would still sing on any of the songs they performed live. Do I think that would happen (that they record without her) Unlikely.

I used to love when she ran back stage. It gave the band moments of instrumentation. Like "Not That Funny", "I'm So Afraid"

But she doesn't do that anymore.
C'mon now. Stevie clearly said in interviews in the early 80's she ran backstage to breathe steam to help her voice. She was only helping the band by making her voice better for the concerts.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She doesn't play an instrument, so why would Stevie stay on stage during I'm So Afraid or Not That Funny? Same thing with Songbird.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:53 AM
olive
This message has been deleted by olive.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
She doesn't play an instrument, so why would Stevie stay on stage during I'm So Afraid or Not That Funny? Same thing with Songbird.

[
Old 08-11-2016, 06:56 AM
Registered

Old 08-11-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Backing vocals, additional guitar, percussion...
Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 AM

Quote:
C'mon now. Stevie clearly said in interviews in the early 80's she ran backstage to breathe steam to help her voice. She was only helping the band by making her voice better for the concerts.
I'm glad she ran back stage... I don't like her singing on ISA, World Turning..

Although, I rather like her howling on World Turning Jam at the end in the old days..

Currently, I don't like her vocals on these..