Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Todd Sharp interview (talks FM members and career)

I loved this interview. Todd is a great guy and fantastic guitarist. I always thought he should have gotten the call to join Fleetwood Mac in 1987. Todd has played for just about everyone. He was in Bob Welch's band during Cal Jam and got to know Mick Fleetwood really well. He would go jam at Mick Fleetwood's house where he met Christine. Mick asked Todd to set up the studio for him for Mick's solo record in Africa when he was finishing up the Tusk tour in 1980. He got to know Christine really well and she asked him to write songs with her. Todd talks about working with Christine and his hero Eric Clapton for Christine's solo record.
Just a great interview. I was going to post this in the Christine forum but there is lots of talk about Mick and Fleetwood Mac in general that I decided to post it here. I wish I could go for a beer with this guy because he could tell such amazing stories about the Mac. Not only did he play on 2 Mac member's solo albums but he also wrote on those albums too.
Part one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=595Q...CCnh-QoFo9eUVw

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfAxdgQZwmU

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-18-2016 at 07:04 PM..
Old 07-18-2016, 09:03 PM

Wow!! What a fantastic interview...
Old 07-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for sharing this as it's so interesting to hear behind the scenes details, and the connectivity across artists and work. What an interesting man!
Old 07-19-2016, 05:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

What an terrific career and such a good guy and true professional. Can you imagine jamming at Mick Fleetwood's house all the time and singing your demos and Christine hears them and insists on singing on them? Then Mick and Christine ask you to write and perform on their solo albums. What a dream!
The story about Eric Clapton and the guitar is fascinating. It really shows the character of this man. His expensive guitar is stolen while working on Christine's album. His guitar god hero Eric Clapton is working on the album and hears about the guitar theft. Clapton offers his assistance in finding a good similar guitar. Todd is so freaked out and did not want to bother Clapton so he passed on the offer. Not many people would have passed on this only to have the legend story that Clapton was instrumental in getting his new guitar. Every guitarist in the world would be falling out of their chairs for such a proposition from one of the world's best guitarists. But not Todd Sharp. He is too humble and such a professional he did not want to bother Clapton. He thought it was too much an honor already to be working on Christine's album with Clapton.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-19-2016 at 05:48 AM..
Old 07-19-2016, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I loved this interview. Todd is a great guy and fantastic guitarist. I always thought he should have gotten the call to join Fleetwood Mac in 1987. ... Not only did he play on 2 Mac member's solo albums but he also wrote on those albums too.
Oh, I absolutely agree. I really liked his '86 solo album "Who Am I", most especially this duet with Christine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kzxkY4lthQ

Old 07-19-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Oh, I absolutely agree. I really liked his '86 solo album "Who Am I", most especially this duet with Christine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kzxkY4lthQ
I had that album. I remember buying it at the record store in Cleveland. They had him under local favorites.