The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-06-2003, 04:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

I think the second disc might be a DVD-Audio.... which would be cool to hear "say you will" in 5.1 sound.... and alot of artists put out a dvd-audio/cd set.... but yet Amazon lists the DVD-audio as separate.... so who knows...

Last edited by David R; 03-06-2003 at 04:07 AM..
Old 03-06-2003, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The advantage of an audio dvd, apart from the 5.1 mix, is that there really are not any constraints in terms of running time. That, of course, paves the way for many additional tracks without the need for a second disc.
Old 03-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if this is listed anywhere else (sorry if it is) but 'Knight' mentioned in an email that the second disc will likely contain one new Stevie song and live versions of the songs on disc one, plus an enhanced video that you can see on your computer, like VBOFM but something new. Sounds pretty cool!

Here's what the email said :

"Amazon.com announced a special Limited Edition 2 CD set of
"Say You Will". Amazon has no description of the CD at this time. I
just got off the phone with Fleetwood Mac artist management (been back and forth
with the team all day) and here's the latest scoop:

This CD set was not (and still is not) actually approved by artist management, OR by the artists but discussions are underway. If the
program gets the green light, CD 1 would be the general studio version of the
"Say You Will" CD but with a special cover. CD 2 would likely have at least one new Stevie Nicks song, live versions of songs already on the studio CD version and possibly be enhanced with video which can be viewed on the
computer. None of this is set in stone. I was told that the price being offered by Amazon is not what the price of this Limited Edition would
be, according to artist management.

Last edited by SmthngOfADreamr; 03-06-2003 at 08:59 AM..
Old 03-06-2003, 09:23 AM

Hmmm its all very intriguing!!

I do hope there is a limited edition available to EVERYONE!!
Old 03-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Arrow !

Hmmm maybe it's just me, but I find it kind of hard to believe that Amazon would list an item for sale that didn't exist yet. If they did that, wouldn't someone have noticed by now? I mean, it's not like they go making up Limited Editions for CD's and putting them on their site.

I agree with whoever stated that it is probably just the Knight and his minions trying not to lose out on sales from Mick's site. That sounds more logical to me.

Dan
"It's not about the money, and it's not about the fame. It's about knowing that I connected with people, and that maybe one of my songs made them feel better at some point in their life when they were sad." -Stevie Nicks
Old 03-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Default Limited

Hey guys,

I work at a best buy and I checked the computer today. We have the regular version retailed at $13.99 on order and the "Limited version" which retails at $24.99 on order as well. I'm expecting those sales prices to be about $11.99 & $17.99, respectively. Typically at the store I work at, we get about 120-180 copies of a title that is expected to do well, and of the limited version we get about 10-20.

When the new Tom Petty came out last year, we got 90 copies of the regular release and 10 of the Limited ones...so if you guys are planning on getting it at Best Buy you better get there when they open.

peace
Old 03-06-2003, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Limited

Quote:
Originally posted by mylittledemon
so if you guys are planning on getting it at Best Buy you better get there when they open.
You read my mind. As much as I dislike large corporations, it's hard to argue with the Best Buy deals.