User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

She should leave the band and just do her own thing. I think that's what she actually wants to do, anyway.

I wish they had the balls to just go on without her.
I think it is safe to say that we finally agree on something. LOL I too am to the point where I wish she would leave FM. We are only going to get a few more years out of any of them and I prefer to hear her solo.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
She's doing just fine. Also, Fleetwood Mac hasn't been a "band" since the 80's. Lindsey and Christine certainly took lots of time off. Stevie can as well.
Stevie DID take a lot of time off from the band, when she quit from 1991-97, and during the extended break the band took from 2004-2009, in which she didn't do anything new. I think her creative well dried up.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 08-16-2017, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie DID take a lot of time off from the band, when she quit from 1991-97, and during the extended break the band took from 2004-2009, in which she didn't do anything new. I think her creative well dried up.
And continues to be dried up.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
And continues to be dried up.
Thank goodness for all those old demos.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Thank goodness for all those old demos.
Time will tell how that all turns out. You will eat your words.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie wants to have her cake and eat it. Be in the band but not do any of the risky, difficult stuff. She may well have had very valid reasons for not contributing to what was clearly meant to be a group album - and of course there will undoubtedly be things happening within the band that we don't know about - but as many of us have observed, this is holding the band back when there is really not much time left for them to make any new musical work.

It's poignant and frustrating to listen to the sentiments expressed in 'Carnival Begin' and 'On With The Show' when both of those songs were obviously written for a Mac album and would only make proper sense within the context of Fleetwood Mac.

I really wish that they had been able to persuade Stevie to contribute. But it seems crazy for the band to continue touring, all the while trying to pretend that it's business as usual. The rest of the band want to strike out and make new music, and not just be a 'heritage' band playing the old stuff. Christine wants it all - how much does Stevie want?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Personally, I accept Fleetwood Mac as it is, the good and the bad, the dark and the light. The music, the shows, the solo work, the absence of ​regular albums. I don't blame any one member of the band. I see a difficult dynamic with 2 ex-couples, 3 men, 2 women. To me, it just mirrors life, and the difficulties that we all experience in relationships, and that comes through in the music. I think it's amazing they have got this far. Christine needed 16 years away to come back with the enthusiasm that she now has.

I appreciate what music we do have, and I'm not expecting anything from any of them if they don't want to do it.

But that's just me, and I realise other fans will feel differently and feel frustration and disappointment. In a perfect world we'd have regular new albums with all 5, but the world isn't perfect and neither is the band or the people in it.

Stevie is such an easy target for all the blame and anger, but I can not see how the other 4 are totally faultless. We just don't know what is going on behind the scenes, and I wish everyone wasn't so quick to judge.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think her creative well dried up.
So THAT'S what she calls it.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the "I don't get out of bed until 3 and he wants me to rehearse at 2" thing that gets me. What on earth? You really don't even wake up until 3 in the afternoon? And you think it's a big deal that someone wants you to go into work at 2 in the afternoon?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
So the sleeping during the day thing has been what she does since what...1974? This is not a newflash to the members of FM or anyone else. The Mr. Useless comment is being taken way out of context in my opinion and is nothing worse than he has said or done to her in the past. And I suspect that she is just truly over the control freak in the studio so doesnt want to record with him anymore.
You REALLY think that it's not a problem that she doesn't even want to wake up until 3:00 PM and that the rest of the band should just have to deal with that abnormal schedule from her?

And Stevie thinks everyone is a control freak. Not just Lindsey. She's told stories about Don Henley making her do her songs over and over and over until he liked it, she called Kenny Loggins a "slave driver", compared Fleetwood Mac to the army, talked about how harsh Jimmy Iovine was and plenty more. She's overdramatic and has a victim complex. Everything is always everyone else's problem, never her own. The only time she's ever happy in the studio is if she's going solo.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
And Stevie thinks everyone is a control freak. Not just Lindsey. She's told stories about Don Henley making her do her songs over and over and over until he liked it, she called Kenny Loggins a "slave driver", compared Fleetwood Mac to the army, talked about how harsh Jimmy Iovine was and plenty more. She's overdramatic and has a victim complex. Everything is always everyone else's problem, never her own. The only time she's ever happy in the studio is if she's going solo.

And I suspect she may also have had her bunch of problems with Dave Stewart....
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:43 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
People care what happened in FM during 1991-97?

I didn't realize FM did anything as band from 2004-2009.

Lindsey Buckingham left the band before they were going on tour. Christine left the band "for good" right after they became somewhat relevant again.

Taking a snooze from FM tours that played such notable venues as Konocti Harbor in the early 90's is hardly comparable.

I don't know if her creative well dried up. I think she was doing what she wanted, the way she's doing now.

I appreciate nostalgia, but when it takes people to the point that they are angrily slinging mud about Stevie Nicks because she doesn't want to participate in a band that stopped being a band in 1987, it's a little nuts. Meanwhile, Buckhingham/McVie has provided a perfectly lovely album and tour, so the anger is that there's no album with some Stevie vocals layered on leading to a greatest hits tour with 2, maybe 3, max of new songs?

Last edited by Buster; 08-16-2017 at 06:46 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanthompson View Post
The only thing I can think of is, perhaps, Stevie is wrapping up her solo career and is seeking to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist.
You make a very valid point that I hadn't thought of. Could Stevie be seeking a SOLO induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to join the ranks of John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Peter Gabriel, Jimmy Page, Michael Jackson, and more? There are many MEN who have been inducted both with their bands AND solo. She would be one of the few, if any, women. Interesting thought.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Time will tell how that all turns out. You will eat your words.
Good, because I'm hungry.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Good, because I'm hungry.
Idk why some people are SO ANGRY. Love is all around, no need to waste it. You can have the town, why don't you take it...