The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Shout for lindsey during concerts!

I'm shocked after having read Lindsey speaking on Instagram. Not answering his calls for more than 7 months??? For the people who are planning to go to the Fleetwood Mac concerts: let's all shout very hard for Lindsey before the concerts starts and after every Lindsey song they perform! Give the band the message we want him back!
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

People did that in 1987 and 1990 in the concerts I attended.
Its not a surprise the band has cut him off. I'm surprised that people are surprised. Its clear they feel guilty and don't want to open up those wounds. Ignore what happened and move on. Its the only way they can go on.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem with this is that most of who are appalled by the firing of Lindsey could probably not bear to sit through a Fakewood Mac show now. However if I had to go I'd do it.I have a deep bass/baritone voice that really carries too

Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Shout what? Perhaps "I MISS LINDSEY!" One hates to be rude and disruptive, but it would be nice to let them know of our discontent. Still, it might ruin the show for others if you did it a lot. Perhaps just once at the end so it doesn't bother anyone too much - except for them. Maybe "BRING BACK LINDSEY!" as Mick tells everyone to be kind to each other. (Hypocrite.)

I would never be able to bring myself to heckle anyone, though... even these guys.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-15-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I hate what has happened to my all time favorite band in my opinion it’s extremely rude to shout out Lindsey’s name at a show. The people at theses shows paid good money to see this incarnation of the band to perform and they should enjoy the experience. I guess because the MAC does have some younger fans this will probably happen.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Ledgie

They'll only encourage it if Stevie decides to tell stories involving Lindsey to set up songs. That aspect of this tour will be interesting to say the least! I wonder if she'll avoid it alltogether?
Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
They'll only encourage it if Stevie decides to tell stories involving Lindsey to set up songs. That aspect of this tour will be interesting to say the least! I wonder if she'll avoid it alltogether?
I'm wondering that, too. Will he get excised entirely? Will stories like "I wrote this song when Lindsey and I lived in LA before hitting it big" suddenly become "I wrote this song when I was living in LA"? Will he just be erased from the narrative?

Will she tell the same stories, not acknowledging the change in any way?

Or will there be some kind of empty rhetoric thrown in? "I wrote this song when Lindsey and I were living in LA... and I'll always love Lindsey, I wish him well, anyway when Lindsey and I were living in LA...."

I highly doubt she'll say anything revealing or snarky. Not unless she has no self-control at all.

We'll find out soon!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:45 AM
elle
This message has been deleted by elle. Reason: double post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
oh she'll talk about LB. just read her interviewing Paris Jackson that just came out. people are telling me it has her keep talking about Lindsey.

about shouting messages to performers on the stage and "heckling" at the shows? i've been known to shout stuff to both Lindsey and the whole band at shows, and in 99% of cases people around me were just amused and had no problems with that (while people are usually seriously pi**ed with people coming to the stage in front of their expensive seats and dancing etc). so arguments about "spoiling it for others who paid good money" by yelling some messages are pure bs. it can start interesting interactions and exchanges. just watch vids from U2 shows this year! very interesting exchanges, as you can imagine with different views of audiences on Bono's activism.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
As much as I hate what has happened to my all time favorite band in my opinion it’s extremely rude to shout out Lindsey’s name at a show. The people at theses shows paid good money to see this incarnation of the band to perform and they should enjoy the experience. I guess because the MAC does have some younger fans this will probably happen.

I guess my feeling is that if you feel so strongly about what happened, perhaps show your support by not attending? It's not Neil or Mikes fault what happened and imagine how you would feel in that situation. Just stay home and watch the dance on DVD.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

It might make more sense to go to one of Lindsey's concerts and yell support for Lindsey? I'd rather have Lindsey back than the current line-up but I'm not sure yelling Lindsey's name at the band would yield a positive response. I guess it's up to everyone to decide for themselves but I can't imagine the band or people that are there to watch a show would appreciate it. Maybe don't go and the ticket sales will reflect people's opinions?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
It's not Neil or Mikes fault what happened and imagine how you would feel in that situation.
They were informed and they are adults. Everyone in this band deserves whatever reaction their audiences will have.
Old 09-16-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprings99 View Post
I'm shocked after having read Lindsey speaking on Instagram. Not answering his calls for more than 7 months??? For the people who are planning to go to the Fleetwood Mac concerts: let's all shout very hard for Lindsey before the concerts starts and after every Lindsey song they perform! Give the band the message we want him back!
There were people who were so impressed with Rick and Billy during the Tango tour, they held up signs that said "LINDSEY WHO?".

But that was a different time, and of course he chose to leave the band.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps folks at the upcoming Lindsey concerts will yell for Neil Finn ...
Old 09-16-2018, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Perhaps folks at the upcoming Lindsey concerts will yell for Neil Finn ...
You wish......

90% of Americans know zero to nothing about him, with the remaining 10% knowing DDIO only at best....

You will not be finding people in this FM tour going to see Neil Finn as he's their new favourite FM band member, Mike yes but not Neil......perhaps with exception of you.