Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Phoenix

Gang - I work in Phoenix now. I have been to Finisterre, and the gates were wide open, almost as if to welcome me. So I drove to the house and took some picture outside. Went up in the driveway...people were working in the house - garage was open, people were audible. So I chickened out. What a place though - enormous, wide and tall doors and windows. Only single story of course but the ceilings must have been 15 feet high.

We don’t know where the drug houses she might have frequented were... Where else did she used to hang out in Phoenix? Restaurants, malls, Scottsdale Pier 1 Imports. Any information anyone is willing to share would be great. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Gang - I work in Phoenix now. I have been to Finisterre, and the gates were wide open, almost as if to welcome me. So I drove to the house and took some picture outside. Went up in the driveway...people were working in the house - garage was open, people were audible. So I chickened out. What a place though - enormous, wide and tall doors and windows. Only single story of course but the ceilings must have been 15 feet high.

We don’t know where the drug houses she might have frequented were... Where else did she used to hang out in Phoenix? Restaurants, malls, Scottsdale Pier 1 Imports. Any information anyone is willing to share would be great. Thanks everyone.
She has been a homebody ever since she became famous.
FYI, because idiots here think I post at 4 am: it is 7.30 pm in Sydney, Australia.

Last edited by secret love; 05-23-2019 at 04:27 AM..
Old 05-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She was born in Good Samaritan hospital.

The Silver Springs Emporium was in Scottsdale.

AHI is at 1910 Thomas Road in Phoenix.
Old 05-23-2019, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We don’t know where the drug houses she might have frequented were... Where else did she used to hang out in Phoenix? .
Besides the crack houses that you mentioned maybe some all you can eat buffets

Old 05-24-2019, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

We don’t know where the drug houses she might have frequented were....
Oh please. I can't imagine for one minute Stevie herself would ever go anywhere for drugs other than a posh LA rock party. Otherwise, her assistants probably have to do the dirty deed for her, or her dealer makes house delivery. For all her notoriety, she never got busted- lucky her.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petep9000 View Post
Oh please. I can't imagine for one minute Stevie herself would ever go anywhere for drugs other than a posh LA rock party. Otherwise, her assistants probably have to do the dirty deed for her, or her dealer makes house delivery. For all her notoriety, she never got busted- lucky her.
You reminded me of that time (in 1980?) when John got busted for drugs. Kind of embarrassing!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-27-2019, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

New York Times, January 8, 1981

John McVie, bass player with the rock group Fleetwood Mac, was arrested last month at his home on the island of Maui and charged with felony possession of cocaine, it was reported today.

Acting on a tip from the Honolulu police, the police on Maui arrested Mr. McVie, 35 years old, and his wife, Julie Ann McVie, 29, at their home on Dec. 23, The Honolulu Advertiser reported today.

The newspaper said that police officers reported finding 4.5 grams of cocaine along with a small amount of marijuana in the McVie home. Mr. McVie and other Fleetwood Mac performers have bought homes on the island and in 1978 donated $21,440 from a Maui concert to island charities.

The musician and his wife were released on bail shortly after their arrest. Mr. McVie, a British subject, could face deportation proceedings if convicted.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
New York Times, January 8, 1981

John McVie, bass player with the rock group Fleetwood Mac, was arrested last month at his home on the island of Maui and charged with felony possession of cocaine, it was reported today.

Acting on a tip from the Honolulu police, the police on Maui arrested Mr. McVie, 35 years old, and his wife, Julie Ann McVie, 29, at their home on Dec. 23, The Honolulu Advertiser reported today.

The newspaper said that police officers reported finding 4.5 grams of cocaine along with a small amount of marijuana in the McVie home. Mr. McVie and other Fleetwood Mac performers have bought homes on the island and in 1978 donated $21,440 from a Maui concert to island charities.

The musician and his wife were released on bail shortly after their arrest. Mr. McVie, a British subject, could face deportation proceedings if convicted.
That is such an interesting story because there are things we don't know. Why were the police called to the house? They went inside and then spotted cocaine in plain view?
Or was he officially charged with cocaine possession and they went to his home to arrest him?
Just curious what really happened. Police just don't "find" 4.5 grams of cocaine at your house unless invited inside, responding to a call and its in plain site, or a search warrant.
Old 05-27-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It IS strange because it says that the police who arrested him were acting on a tip they got from the Honolulu police. Who told the Honolulu please? Was it Mick?
Old 06-01-2019, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe SN was caught with marijuana in 1989 going into Europe somewhere. A makeup artist took the fall, didn’t she?
Old 06-01-2019, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It IS strange because it says that the police who arrested him were acting on a tip they got from the Honolulu police. Who told the Honolulu please? Was it Mick?
If memory serves me right Don Henley was also arrested in Hawaii at this time and found with cocaine and a 16 year old girl. Hawaii must have been doing a sting of members of known decadent rock bands then.

Old 06-01-2019, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
If memory serves me right Don Henley was also arrested in Hawaii at this time and found with cocaine and a 16 year old girl. Hawaii must have been doing a sting of members of known decadent rock bands then.
It is funny to think about. I mean go target the punk rockers, why don’t you.
Old 06-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think your incorrect about Don. He was at his house on Mulhollland Drive in CA for the arrest. I think it was Qaluads (spelling?) at the time with that teenage girl. He said it in one of those LP interview shows. I think one of the reasons he wrote " Dirty Laundry" besides how he always watched the news back than. Maybe the interview is up on YouTube someplace I'm sure.
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 06-02-2019, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine View Post
I think your incorrect about Don. He was at his house on Mulhollland Drive in CA for the arrest. I think it was Qaluads (spelling?) at the time with that teenage girl. He said it in one of those LP interview shows. I think one of the reasons he wrote " Dirty Laundry" besides how he always watched the news back than. Maybe the interview is up on YouTube someplace I'm sure.
Ok so i'm not totally incorrect I just had the state and possibly the substance wrong and I was recounting in real time from the memory of another stoned and drunk teenager...me.