User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
And having all the Washington Post articles etc coming out, bringing up all the domestic abuse details again decades after it happened....how does he explain all that to his teenage daughters?
Whether he got fired or not...he should have always been worried about explaining his behavior to his daughters. He is not the victim in this matter.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
But the King is 100% blameless and can go on being an ass because he is the creative force behind the great band that was the soundtrack of our lives.
you are projecting.

most LB fans have never considered him blameless in everything he ever did in his life, or any kind of king. most LB fans believe allegations in CAH book, way more than all these SN fans who find her book offensive to their faultless chiff-queen. many of us also believe in redemption and turning one's life around. the fact that LB's family stands so lovingly behind him in all this should be enough indication for anyone who is thinking he's the same man now as 40 years ago. "the power and the importance of change."

unlike SN fans who still cannot accept that their queen changed for the worse, and is so obviously a bitter a** herself, these days.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't know, but I do see a picture of Lindsey, the man who beat up women. I'm just thankful he didn't beat Christine like he did Carol Ann Harris.

Oh wait, did I cross a line?
Where's that picture? Right.... it's in your mind!

Quote:
Gasp! Of course you did. Don’t you know there are people who cannot accept that their King ever did this and it was all that mean ole Carol Ann’s fault? If it happened? And that Stevie deserved all of the mental and/or physical abuse he allegedly dished out to her. But the King is 100% blameless and can go on being an ass because he is the creative force behind the great band that was the soundtrack of our lives.
Allegedly is such a beautiful word. Especially for Stevie's fans. You said it, not me. Big mistake.

And yes, you're the creative force if you can play an instrument. A tamborine doesn't count, of course.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 04-27-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 04-27-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

And yes, you're the creative force if you can't play an instrument. A tamborine doesn't count, of course.
Ever hear her count off Enchanted? I'm not sure she can count, period. Well, I guess I mean, "count in time".

I even remember reading reviews for The Wild Heart when it came out, reviewers mocking her arrhythmic count off of the song.

Creative force?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whether he got fired or not...he should have always been worried about explaining his behavior to his daughters. He is not the victim in this matter.
And yet, they love him inconditionally, because they're the family he always wanted. Luckily he found a woman who wanted to create that family with him and stop wasting his time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gasp! Of course you did. Don’t you know there are people who cannot accept that their King ever did this and it was all that mean ole Carol Ann’s fault? If it happened? And that Stevie deserved all of the mental and/or physical abuse he allegedly dished out to her. But the King is 100% blameless and can go on being an ass because he is the creative force behind the great band that was the soundtrack of our lives.
It's not like that. I DO have major problems with Lindseys character/behaviour for decades now. But that is ME. The BAND has never had a problem with that, EVER. So since that never was a factor, it wasn't a reason that played into his firing, either. The band does not care about how Lindsey treats his women, period. There is no other motive to fire Lindsey than greed, and you shouldn't try to make it about anything involving morals.

And so - while I absolutely don't like Lindsey as a person, it is still respectless towards him and the fans to fire him like that, because as long as he brought the money, no matter what he did, he was good enough. Until another option for a cashcow was there to milk.
And that is on Mick, John, Christine and (to a lesser extend) on Stevie. I find them all despicable for it.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
there are several versions of what happened floating around. in all versions he will not be with the Mac tour this fall.

some versions have him telling the band he cannot stand by their betrayal, calling Billy, and walking away. other versions have him leaking to Billy about LB firing, which made the band furious and Stevie fired him. which in turn led to Christine now being furious with Stevie ["not the boss"] for not even asking her first.

sit back and watch the fireworks.
wow! that is fascinating if all roads lead to Brett as the leak, in either scenario. he stands with buck! So now I have two new hashtags to add to my signature #IStandWithBrettTuggle and #KristenBuckinghamIStheBoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
On top of which, having his credibility and work ethic called into question....Sad situation all around.
Exactly. What an abominable excuse for firing him--to accuse Lindsey, of ALL of them, of not being a team player willing to tour for a long period of time. Can he sue for defamation?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 04-27-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Old 04-27-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
wow! that is fascinating if all roads lead to Neale as the leak, in either scenario. he stands with buck! So now I have two new hashtags to add to my signature #IStandWithBrettTuggle and #KristenBuckinghamIStheBoss

Brett, not Neale.

lol #KBSheQueen

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2018, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I'm just thankful he didn't beat Christine like he did Carol Ann Harris.
Even today, my money would be on Christine emasculating him if he laid a hand on her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Even today, my money would be on Christine emasculating him
unfortunately today, Christine seems to be afraid to stand up for herself or anyone else.

i really have to wonder whether she didn't get a full member benefits when she came back. or she's just tired of all the bs and cannot believe she's right back in it. she needs to walk. unless that will cost her everything she's got for breaking the contract.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
unfortunately today, Christine seems to be afraid to stand up for herself or anyone else.

i really have to wonder whether she didn't get a full member benefits when she came back. or she's just tired of all the bs and cannot believe she's right back in it. she needs to walk. unless that will cost her everything she's got for breaking the contract.
I agree completely. She should have walked away from this sh*t show.

Do another comfortable BuckVie, and casually tour behind it...go out with style...go out with class...

Instead, this f*cking bullsh*t!
Old 04-27-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Might it not be the case they may no longer require the services of Brett just because Neil Finn also plays keys? Even so, it would still be a bit sh!tty to just jettison Brett.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-27-2018, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if the terms of Chris' return was that if she left the band again she would void her royalties.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Might it not be the case they may no longer require the services of Brett just because Neil Finn also plays keys? Even so, it would still be a bit sh!tty to just jettison Brett.
in that case Christine would not be furious about Stevie getting rid of Brett (if those rumors are true, of course). Brett was her backup, since it seems rather obvious - and fully understandable! - at 75 she cannot play everything she could when younger anymore.

Old 04-27-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It is also possible Christine was ok with the decision to fire Lindsey, but I love that people think she's being held captive to FM by some contract. I mean, she's obviously in complete agreement with the decision or she wouldn't be there. Contracts aren't impossible to get out of, especially if situations have changed. For example, if a band mate is forced out. She could claim ill health, or her plane phobia is back. A person can't be forced to tour if they don't want to, and right now, she wants to.