The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-18-2014, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After a good happy note from my doctors visit I went across the street to the Westfield Mall and do some Christmas shopping.

OK .Those of you that re still looking for Stevie's 24K vinyl.

Go check out your FYE store.If you have one in your area.They have it for $10.00 more then WB music was selling it before.

I picked one up today from there.The store is will stock with her 24K CD too.Also they have a good collection of her other CDs there along with FM CD's and DVDs.

Thats good the vinyl is still out there that who still needs it.

Also got a copy of Through-Looking-Glass DVD there too.

http://www.amazon.com/Stevie-Nicks-T.../dp/B00B81NPPM

Some of the Ledgie comments here.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51832

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 12-18-2014 at 05:23 PM..
Old 12-20-2014, 12:20 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default 24 karat

As much as I love stevie and I loved the demos I truely have to admit I have listened to the album over and over just like her last solo with secret love and I have to be honest when I say I have not been so in love with anything since trouble in shangarla. I feel for me that was one of her best solo projects in yrs it was awesome and since then I have not been impressed and it saddens me to say this because I obviously am a fan but i wish on this last solo album she would of Maybe choosen some classic demos like mistaken love or Ohh baby it was just like I tried and could not connect with her last two solo albums since Tisa. I know this is not what people want to hear but I think it's good to be honest as well about our favorites of stevie, so please don't kill me
Old 12-22-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I honestly think it's one of the best albums she's ever done. I'd really love to see her on tour promoting this record. Damn, if it wasn't for that other band she's in, hogging all of her time! Anyone else think that Christine should have just stayed in her English castle a little while longer?!

AND I'M STILL IN LOVE WITH MABEL NORMAND!

HOLLA!!!!!!!!
Mabel Normand is currently my favorite track from 24 K! I don't ever hearing the demo but at this point it doesn't matter. This song is amazing. The only problem I have is that her voice seems to be mixed differently throughout the song. In the beginning her voice is very up front but towards the end it sounds, at least to me, a lot further back and she's slightly drowned out by the guitars. This was most likely done intentionally but I find it annoying. Anyone else notice this?

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Senior Ledgie

After two months, I still listen to 24 Karat Gold every day. I love it and think it's one of her best solo efforts. She sounds incredible on each and every song. The production is perfect. To me, there's not a dud in the bunch. Yes, I occasionally skip over "If You Were My Love" and "Hard Advice," but those songs are by no means bad. I absolutely love the title track and "Mabel Normand," "Blue Water," "Belle Fleur," "The Dealer," and "She Loves Him Still." All in all, it's a fantastic effort from Stevie. She should be extremely proud.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-23-2014, 04:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Totally agree. it still blares in my car. no other cd in the car. the songs are a breath of fresh air. interesting I have two people hooked on all the beautiful worlds. my brother loves track 3 to 8.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:52 AM
Ledgie

Top 3:

1. If You Were My Love
2. All The Beautiful Worlds
3. Starshine

Bottom 3:

3. Blue Water
2. Twisted
1. I Don't Care (about 3 minutes too long)
Old 12-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
After two months, I still listen to 24 Karat Gold every day. I love it and think it's one of her best solo efforts. She sounds incredible on each and every song. The production is perfect. To me, there's not a dud in the bunch. Yes, I occasionally skip over "If You Were My Love" and "Hard Advice," but those songs are by no means bad. I absolutely love the title track and "Mabel Normand," "Blue Water," "Belle Fleur," "The Dealer," and "She Loves Him Still." All in all, it's a fantastic effort from Stevie. She should be extremely proud.

Happy Holidays!
I support your statements. The other night I put the CD in my computer and listened to the whole album on my headphones. What a ride! It just reinforced my love for the album and Stevie It's an amazing body of work, distinctive because of the different way it was recorded.

I believe that so many self-professed Stevie fans see this work a disappointment, and dismiss it whole hardheartedly because they have a narrow ideal of her. This album holds no value to them because of its unexpected approach. Fickle fans they are; their loss, our gain!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-26-2014 at 05:03 AM..