Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-02-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
He threw some daggers at her direction by some comments he made on the Classic East.

I saw her trying to reach to him many times. And he was having none of it. He wasn't disrespectful to her or anything but he tried to stay away from her. I think that's why she said: "We talk sometimes" when she kept talking and talking to him after Landslide and before Glenn Frey's dedication.
What did he say?
Old 08-02-2017, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What did he say?
He made his usual introduction of "we are like a family: sometimes we hate each other but the love is still there". And then he started talking about how important it is to still explore your creative side. He made circles around that subject. I don't remember the exact words but that was the idea he was trying to communicate, which I found odd because FM isn't exactly doing that.
For a brief instant I thought he was gonna start talking about BuckVie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
He made his usual introduction of "we are like a family: sometimes we hate each other but the love is still there". And then he started talking about how important it is to still explore your creative side. He made circles around that subject. I don't remember the exact words but that was the idea he was trying to communicate, which I found odd because FM isn't exactly doing that.
Haha!! That sounds like him. He is doing a solo album after this which tells me he puts his money where his mouth is.

I would hate if he did an album of his old demos.. blah!
Old 08-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, it's a shame they didn't use this as an opportunity to promote their new album--since the four members who recorded it were all on stage.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Uh, I'm pretty sure Stevie said she didn't think Fleetwood Mac would record another album because it wouldn't be fun and it wouldn't make her enough money...sounds like she didn't want to participate. So Chris and Lindsey were supposed to "wait for a later date." When? Never.

This is actually just kind of funny. In the meantime, (no pun intended), I am loving the Buckingham McVie concerts! I'm going to see them again this month, and I hope it goes on and on. More new music. More concerts that run deeper than the Greatest Hits Show I've already seen--where every interaction is rehearsed to a T (except a few funny moments during the bows when John would do something random--like bringing a hand fan on stage for Chris or wearing a witch hat on Halloween). (Sorry everyone who loves the Sara hug, but...if they play Sara, they're going to hug. I get it) (at $700 a ticket, no less!). If this is a distraction, consider me distracted!
Old 08-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Actually, it's a shame they didn't use this as an opportunity to promote their new album--since the four members who recorded it were all on stage.
At one point when he was giving his speech, I yelled: "BuckinghamMcVie!" but I was on Christine's side. There was no chance he would listen to me. Trust me, if I was on his side, I would've yelled harder.

I don't think they can do that. I'm not into band politics but maybe they all have to be part of a project in order to promote it in any band event.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
Uh, I'm pretty sure Stevie said she didn't think Fleetwood Mac would record another album because it wouldn't be fun and it wouldn't make her enough money...sounds like she didn't want to participate. So Chris and Lindsey were supposed to "wait for a later date." When? Never.

This is actually just kind of funny. In the meantime, (no pun intended), I am loving the Buckingham McVie concerts! I'm going to see them again this month, and I hope it goes on and on. More new music. More concerts that run deeper than the Greatest Hits Show I've already seen--where every interaction is rehearsed to a T (except a few funny moments during the bows when John would do something random--like bringing a hand fan on stage for Chris or wearing a witch hat on Halloween). (Sorry everyone who loves the Sara hug, but...if they play Sara, they're going to hug. I get it) (at $700 a ticket, no less!). If this is a distraction, consider me distracted!
dear penny lane - never met you before but have to say: love ya!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-02-2017, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At one point when he was giving his speech, I yelled: "BuckinghamMcVie!" but I was on Christine's side. There was no chance he would listen to me. Trust me, if I was on his side, I would've yelled harder.

I don't think they can do that. I'm not into band politics but maybe they all have to be part of a project in order to promote it in any band event.
Good job!

Yeah, that's why they do Stand Back(or used to).

NEXT YEAR - they should do TWO songs from BM on the tour. One of hers, one of his. If they don't, they're just money whores. Nothing more than that.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Same here. Only a guess.. but by the looks on his face... he's done with her and her big bag of bs.
Oh yeah. From things he's said lately and watching these Classic show videos, it seems like Lindsey is done playing nice with her now. The past ten or so years, it usually seemed like Stevie was the one visibly pissed at him while he tried to be sort of neutral and now it's swung the other way around. I think it probably has a lot to do with the album drama.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd be shocked if there's another BuckVie album. It was a great one-off that was initially intended to be a Mac album, despite what they tell the press.

There will be more Lindsey solo albums. There may be more from-the-vault Stevie albums. And I do believe -- and certainly hope -- we'll get one more Christine project that pays tribute to her blues roots and/or her songwriting skills.

But since the band will not release an FM album without Stevie, there won't be a Mac album either.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
More concerts that run deeper than the Greatest Hits Show I've already seen--where every interaction is rehearsed to a T (except a few funny moments during the bows when John would do something random--like bringing a hand fan on stage for Chris or wearing a witch hat on Halloween). (Sorry everyone who loves the Sara hug, but...if they play Sara, they're going to hug. I get it) (at $700 a ticket, no less!). If this is a distraction, consider me distracted!
I get what you're saying in some respects. I was at the Classic East show. Earth Wind and Fire were great but they were best when doing the hits, the songs I knew note for note. Same with Journey. When going to an arena or stadium to see a big band, most people expect to hear "the hits". Citifield holds I don't know 30,000, out of that amount how many people were there to hear Caroline....Wish you Were Here....etc etc? Most are fans of the band and want to hear "the hits". I am a die hard fan for 40 years (wow did I just say that) and yes I would love to hear What Makes You Think You're The One, When I see You Again, Never Forget or any number of non-hits but I know it isn't gonna happen. You cannot blame them at this point for doing a show filled with songs that are ingrained in pop culture. I'm just happy they have all made it to this stage. Lets face it they went through many rough years in respect to how they treated their bodies with different vices. Stevie at one point could have been the Amy Winehouse of the 80's but she survived. So for me I will take "the hits" with a nugget thrown in here and there. I want the casual fan to walk away from seeing my band saying wow that was great instead of I didn't know any of the songs.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel69 View Post
I get what you're saying in some respects. I was at the Classic East show. Earth Wind and Fire were great but they were best when doing the hits, the songs I knew note for note. Same with Journey. When going to an arena or stadium to see a big band, most people expect to hear "the hits". Citifield holds I don't know 30,000, out of that amount how many people were there to hear Caroline....Wish you Were Here....etc etc? Most are fans of the band and want to hear "the hits". I am a die hard fan for 40 years (wow did I just say that) and yes I would love to hear What Makes You Think You're The One, When I see You Again, Never Forget or any number of non-hits but I know it isn't gonna happen. You cannot blame them at this point for doing a show filled with songs that are ingrained in pop culture. I'm just happy they have all made it to this stage. Lets face it they went through many rough years in respect to how they treated their bodies with different vices. Stevie at one point could have been the Amy Winehouse of the 80's but she survived. So for me I will take "the hits" with a nugget thrown in here and there. I want the casual fan to walk away from seeing my band saying wow that was great instead of I didn't know any of the songs.
i agree with everything you say here - if you are referring to a festival performance like the Classics were. that's the place where causal fans and people who want to make a notch that they saw yet another legandary band go, and hardcore fans are a minority. so performing hits there makes complete sense - and that's what they did and got great reactions and reviews for it (other than from occasional reviewer who apparently didn't understand he's at a *Classic* festival).!

but arena shows when on tour is a completely different thing. other legendary bands sometimes do just a couple of hits and all deep cuts or new stuff. but since 2009, FM has been doing the same greatest hits show (adding Christine's songs on OWTS) over and over again. that's lazy and unispired.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
Excellent article which I find hard to disagree with. And from seeing the clips of the recent Classic West and East shows, it saddens me to say that maybe this great band should have called it a day after the OWTS tour: after all, this was a REAL reunion with the return of Christine and what could a 2018/2019 tour give us that OWTS didn't? Age, health, voice issues as well as another long tour become more relevant as each year passes.
Incidentally , I was struck recently while listening to some Mirage and 1997 shows how the playing and performance was so much stronger because these were short tours.
This line really agreed with me: "A great band this far in gets increasingly fewer chances to prove its continued validity other than as a jukebox."

The band is a jukebox now. But the side projects (including Stevie's and Mick's) are all a lot more interesting than the big Fleetwood Mac shows these days.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2017, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This line really agreed with me: "A great band this far in gets increasingly fewer chances to prove its continued validity other than as a jukebox."

The band is a jukebox now. But the side projects (including Stevie's and Mick's) are all a lot more interesting than the big Fleetwood Mac shows these days.
Agreed. I think it's time to plan a shorter tour, and allow the band members to give more time to their side projects, which are clearly more enjoyable (at least for some of them).

If not, I think we're gonna face two long and agonizing years. I don't need to witness Classic West and Classic East again. That was awful.
Old 08-14-2017, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Oh yeah. From things he's said lately and watching these Classic show videos, it seems like Lindsey is done playing nice with her now. The past ten or so years, it usually seemed like Stevie was the one visibly pissed at him while he tried to be sort of neutral and now it's swung the other way around. I think it probably has a lot to do with the album drama.
IA with this. After reading her most recent interview where she talks about how she wakes up at 3, I can completely understand why he's fed up. That reeeeaaaaally rubbed me the wrong way. This quote: "Like, are you kidding? I don’t even get up until 3pm and he wants me at rehearsal at 2pm" is absolutely ridiculous. How on earth do Mick, John and Christine not find this annoying? Half of my aunts and uncles are older than Stevie and they all still get up at 9 AM to get their day going just like everyone else.