User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
You will notice that Christine and Dave are at opposite ends of the room, showing the extent of their mutual affection (lol).
To be fair, Dave was standing where the Mac guitarists typically stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The question is WHY? What are they doing in this picture? Did Christine initially intend to tour in '94?

If someone says the group is practicing for studio work, I reply that they didn't start studio work until much, much later -- after an extensive tour.
They were recording in 1994, too. In fact, Soccer Rocks The Globe, which featured Blow By Blow, was released on May 17, 1994.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-06-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Still, it looks like her legs are pointed in one direction and her body in the other. Her legs are a little more turned to the right than her torso.
If you think the "forward" leg is her right leg, then yeah, I can see how you'd think that, but the "forward" leg is her LEFT leg...so that puts her legs & torso in the same direction.

And, if she's putting her weight on her right leg while manipulating the keyboard foot pedal with her left foot, then the body DOES kind of twist ever so slightly to the right.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
If someone says the group is practicing for studio work, I reply that they didn't start studio work until much, much later -- after an extensive tour.

The album was released less than a month after the tour ended, so they obviously were working on the album on breaks in the tour schedule. And, it would be monumental for them to record the entire album, re-design the packaging, get the distribution, etc, etc, etc...after the tour ended. Especially, since the album WITHOUT Christine was ready for release almost a year before the album was finally released in the form we know it.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
The album was released less than a month after the tour ended, so they obviously were working on the album on breaks in the tour schedule. And, it would be monumental for them to record the entire album, re-design the packaging, get the distribution, etc, etc, etc...after the tour ended. Especially, since the album WITHOUT Christine was ready for release almost a year before the album was finally released in the form we know it.
Where did you get that? Source? EVERYTHING I've seen, heard, read, all states that Christine was a part of the project, even if reluctantly, from the gitgo, and that Billy re-joined the band later. There's NEVER to my knowledge been anything to suggest otherwise.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's impressive. I looked at the tour dates for this tour- and the schedule was much more insane than the current tour. There for the first two months, they were literally almost playing EVERY night!!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
That's impressive. I looked at the tour dates for this tour- and the schedule was much more insane than the current tour. There for the first two months, they were literally almost playing EVERY night!!!!
that's hilarious... never knew that...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

To me it looks like Christine's leaning back a little in the picture, which is why her legs look a little "forward."

I assume the group is together recording a song for the album, or practicing a song in preparation of recording.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Where did you get that? Source? EVERYTHING I've seen, heard, read, all states that Christine was a part of the project, even if reluctantly, from the gitgo, and that Billy re-joined the band later. There's NEVER to my knowledge been anything to suggest otherwise.
From the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (Fort Worth), July 4, 1994

Quote:
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...2&id=6543&c=18

"To try to describe it is hard," said Mason, who joined the reconstituted Mac - now minus Stevie Nicks and, on the road, longtime keyboardist/songwriter/vocalist Christie McVie - last fall at Mick Fleetwood's request. "You can't give it a label. I've always objected to that, when people would say, `What's your new record sound like? ' Well, it sounds like new Dave Mason.

The band, which founders Fleetwood and bassist John McVie decided to re-form last fall, is working on a studio album that will probably not be out until next summer. Which puts the members of the current band (the McVies, Fleetwood, Mason and vocalist Bekka Bramlett, daughter of Bonnie Bramlett of Delaney and Bonnie fame) in the odd position of recording together without having played much live.

The band's summer tour dates are the only opportunity they will have before finishing the record. That tour stops in Dallas today as the band plays with Foreigner and the Doobie Brothers as part of Freedomfest '94. For the tour, Steve Toma takes Christine McVie's place, and Mac vet Billy Burnett adds second guitar.
Sounds like Christine was a part of the band, and there's even photographic proof that she was with them at that point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-07-2009, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. Fleetwood Mac had an album titled Another Link In The Chain set to go with Billy, Dave & Bekka, sans Christine that was submitted to WB for a Christmas '94 release. WB rejected the album under some stipulation contractually that Christine HAD to be involved. Source? October 1994 show, T-shirts with album cover art and release date. The WB rejection part I have read & committed to memory...don't remember exact source, but it WAS a trade publication.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know this has been discussed b4 but what is the track list for "Another Link In The Chain" ... and are there boots of the unreleased tracks available?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nope. Fleetwood Mac had an album titled Another Link In The Chain
That much I knew. I remember in an article or one of the AOL or Prodigy live chats that the album was retitled because they thought there would be some confusion with the box set.

Quote:
set to go with Billy, Dave & Bekka, sans Christine that was submitted to WB for a Christmas '94 release. WB rejected the album under some stipulation contractually that Christine HAD to be involved. Source? October 1994 show, T-shirts with album cover art and release date.
Yeah, I have both of those shirts. I never took Christine's name not being on the shirt as anything more than she wasn't touring. (Why would her name be on a concert t-shirt if she wasn't actually playing the concerts?)

Of course, there was this little exchange on a Q&A beween Billy and an amazingly handsome guy:

Quote:
Why did you and Dave have so few songs on Time, and Christine so many? (Steve MacDougall)

I had quit the band and then was asked to rejoin. Once I returned, I just did the 3 songs because they were already into the album.
So, given just what we've read from the 7/4 article, from the Q&A, and those pics of the pre-tour group, does it sound as if Christine wasn't involved with the project at that time? For that matter, does it not sound as if Billy's involvement with the project came afterwards? Think about it. If they had an album in the can for a Christmas release, it would have had to be finished by at least July. Christine was still listed as a member of Fleetwood Mac in July, at least by the band (and I'd think they'd know best).

Quote:
The WB rejection part I have read & committed to memory...don't remember exact source, but it WAS a trade publication.
I'd have to see it. I know what you mean, though. I have a hard time believing that the article that stated it was rejected because of Christine not being on it as being true, though, as many, many people have screwed Christine's post-Mask tour involvement up REALLY badly. Look at how many people just on this board have dismissed Time altogether because Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine are not on it, when we know that's not entirely true.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Look at how many people just on this board have dismissed Time altogether because Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine are not on it, when we know that's not entirely true.
How about a lot of people don't like it because it isn't to their taste? Where is this memo that says that just because you like certain albums from the band you have to like everything they ever recorded? I'm fed up with this attitude that just because people don't appreciate that album their taste in music is somehow limited. I listen to a lot of music, even your beloved Guided By Voices believe it or not, but just because I like Mystery To Me or, god forbid, Rumours, doesn't mean I'm going to find anything that appeals to me in Time. Given the amount of different and varied songwriters that have been in the band over the years it's pretty extreme to expect people to like them all just because they share the same bass player and drummer. If someone only likes the band for Christine or Stevie (and what is so wrong about that?) I see no reason why they should like Dave Mason or whoever.

Last edited by trackaghost; 05-08-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Old 05-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
How about a lot of people don't like it because it isn't to their taste? Where is this memo that says that just because you like certain albums from the band you have to like everything they ever recorded? I'm fed up with this attitude that just because people don't appreciate that album their taste in music is somehow limited. I listen to a lot of music, even your beloved Guided By Voices believe it or not, but just because I like Mystery To Me or, god forbid, Rumours, doesn't mean I'm going to find anything that appeals to me in Time. Given the amount of different and varied songwriters that have been in the band over the years it's pretty extreme to expect people to like them all just because they share the same bass player and drummer. If someone only likes the band for Christine or Stevie (and what is so wrong about that?) I see no reason why they should like Dave Mason or whoever.
You miss the point. It's not about people not liking the songs on Time, it's about people completely dismissing this album as being a true Fleetwood Mac album just because Stevie and Lindsey weren't on it.

Matt
Old 05-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
How about a lot of people don't like it because it isn't to their taste?
That's a strawman. My comments have NOTHING to do with opinions of that album. What I'm saying is that some people dismiss it as not being Fleetwood Mac simply because Christine, Lindsey, and Stevie are not on it, when in fact, Christine has five songs on the album, and technically (and to a MUCH lesser extent), Lindsey sings in the chorus of one of Bekka's songs. Some people have been shocked to learn that Christine was still in the band for that album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
You miss the point. It's not about people not liking the songs on Time, it's about people completely dismissing this album as being a true Fleetwood Mac album just because Stevie and Lindsey weren't on it.
Close. Again, there have been people on here who didn't even look at the album because they thought it didn't have any of the Rumours-era vocalists on it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Close. Again, there have been people on here who didn't even look at the album because they thought it didn't have any of the Rumours-era vocalists on it.
But if you only liked Stevie Nicks why would you look at it? I wouldn't berate a Peter Green fan for not being interested in picking up Rumours (and believe me I've met plenty who feel that way).

Last edited by trackaghost; 05-08-2009 at 01:45 PM..