Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Oklahoma City Show

It started out that I decided to take the drive to Oklahoma City, instead of seeing this show in my home state of Texas. Seeing shows in Dallas, isn't my favorite thing in the world, for various reasons.

SO glad we decided to take a road trip! My boyfriend and I went to Mick's Meet and Greet (1st and only one).

The ads in the arena showed various acts coming to the Chesapeake Energy Arena and Mick went on about how he didn't realize some of them were still playing....like New Boys on the Block. LMAO!! He said they love what they are doing and love the feedback and it didn't matter how many people showed up, it's just...what they do. Mick is friends with one of the Doobie Brothers who has a house in Hawaii and they jam sometimes.

Got our pics taken, got some goodies and then the Q&A came. Some of the questions included:

1. What was the most memorable part of doing The Visitor? The young kids from Ghana were as young as 5-6. Mick was going to do 2-4 beat and he wasn't going to change his ways and the young kids could adapt to him. The older drummers had a problem going to the 2-4 beat. He talked about that experience and he mentioned going back to see those kids and where they are today. He mentioned starting a union for the musicians and blackmailing the politicians to make sure the unions stay in tact (kidding, of course). He has a bunch of stuff recorded from the hotel and would like to mix it and release it someday.

2. Someone did ask about a new album. He hemmed and hawed but did say that Christine and Lindsey will get that music out SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW. It may not be under the FM name, but it will certainly come out. He didn't mention Stevie at all. Just said that Christine had some amazing music that she brought to them. That music they made won't fade away, but it will be a year or so, since they are touring and tied up.

3. Glastonbury was mentioned and he said people think they chose Isle of Wight Festival over it, they did NOT. It was a scheduling thing, more than anything else. He also mentioned them recording the music at Glastonbury and selling it, or something of that nature and they weren't too keen on that.

4. Someone asked if Mick played golf and what was his favorite course...which was Bay Course(?) in Maui, but it's closed now, he said.

5. He was asked what his fave FM song was. He didn't have a favorite really, but GYOW was one of them. He loves it.

Random thoughts:

During Big Love, one of the strings broke on Lindsey's guitar, so he had to swap guitars and start all over again. He said "That is the first time that has happened on this tour."

Carey...Leggett?? Not sure....was the Landslide dedication. Sorry, blanking on the name right now. A friend of Stevie's.

When Stevie was talking about Christine's return and how it was a boy's club and they were both happy, yada yada, well, some guy took off his blue shirt and threw it towards her onstage. It flew by her and she barely looked over. LOL At the end of the show, when the lights went up, he went to the stage hand and they gave him a tiny red shirt that said Nobody's Perfekt on it. WTH? Shirt Exchange Program?

Someone threw a rose on stage at Stevie at one point and towards the end of the night, she handed it to some tall guy in the front row.

OKC was VERY much into the show and our section, for the most part, stood all night long. People were going down to the stage to take pics, but the ushers would ask them to please return to their seats after getting a few pics.

Stay tuned for some of my pics....

We were in the middle section, 12th row back...pretty good sound and I wore some tall boots so I could see over people. Then, right before World Turning, we went further up front. Then, everyone started coming up.

Show started at 8:05PM and NO Songbird or Seven Wonders. Last song was Silver Springs. Stevie talked for a little bit, then Mick with his Mac is Back thing.