User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Oklahoma City Show

It started out that I decided to take the drive to Oklahoma City, instead of seeing this show in my home state of Texas. Seeing shows in Dallas, isn't my favorite thing in the world, for various reasons.

SO glad we decided to take a road trip! My boyfriend and I went to Mick's Meet and Greet (1st and only one).

The ads in the arena showed various acts coming to the Chesapeake Energy Arena and Mick went on about how he didn't realize some of them were still playing....like New Boys on the Block. LMAO!! He said they love what they are doing and love the feedback and it didn't matter how many people showed up, it's just...what they do. Mick is friends with one of the Doobie Brothers who has a house in Hawaii and they jam sometimes.

Got our pics taken, got some goodies and then the Q&A came. Some of the questions included:

1. What was the most memorable part of doing The Visitor? The young kids from Ghana were as young as 5-6. Mick was going to do 2-4 beat and he wasn't going to change his ways and the young kids could adapt to him. The older drummers had a problem going to the 2-4 beat. He talked about that experience and he mentioned going back to see those kids and where they are today. He mentioned starting a union for the musicians and blackmailing the politicians to make sure the unions stay in tact (kidding, of course). He has a bunch of stuff recorded from the hotel and would like to mix it and release it someday.

2. Someone did ask about a new album. He hemmed and hawed but did say that Christine and Lindsey will get that music out SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW. It may not be under the FM name, but it will certainly come out. He didn't mention Stevie at all. Just said that Christine had some amazing music that she brought to them. That music they made won't fade away, but it will be a year or so, since they are touring and tied up.

3. Glastonbury was mentioned and he said people think they chose Isle of Wight Festival over it, they did NOT. It was a scheduling thing, more than anything else. He also mentioned them recording the music at Glastonbury and selling it, or something of that nature and they weren't too keen on that.

4. Someone asked if Mick played golf and what was his favorite course...which was Bay Course(?) in Maui, but it's closed now, he said.

5. He was asked what his fave FM song was. He didn't have a favorite really, but GYOW was one of them. He loves it.

Random thoughts:

During Big Love, one of the strings broke on Lindsey's guitar, so he had to swap guitars and start all over again. He said "That is the first time that has happened on this tour."

Carey...Leggett?? Not sure....was the Landslide dedication. Sorry, blanking on the name right now. A friend of Stevie's.

When Stevie was talking about Christine's return and how it was a boy's club and they were both happy, yada yada, well, some guy took off his blue shirt and threw it towards her onstage. It flew by her and she barely looked over. LOL At the end of the show, when the lights went up, he went to the stage hand and they gave him a tiny red shirt that said Nobody's Perfekt on it. WTH? Shirt Exchange Program?

Someone threw a rose on stage at Stevie at one point and towards the end of the night, she handed it to some tall guy in the front row.

OKC was VERY much into the show and our section, for the most part, stood all night long. People were going down to the stage to take pics, but the ushers would ask them to please return to their seats after getting a few pics.

Stay tuned for some of my pics....

We were in the middle section, 12th row back...pretty good sound and I wore some tall boots so I could see over people. Then, right before World Turning, we went further up front. Then, everyone started coming up.

Show started at 8:05PM and NO Songbird or Seven Wonders. Last song was Silver Springs. Stevie talked for a little bit, then Mick with his Mac is Back thing.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Pics

I am exhausted and it's 1AM (I am an old lady and need my sleep. LOL). Will post more later!! More to come!!!

Old 04-18-2015, 03:51 AM
Ledgie

Great review and photos - thanks very much Christy! Glad you finally got your show and you enjoyed it.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for the review!
I guess Chris's hand is bothering her again?
Old 04-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That's a great shot of Mick!

I know John has the penguin tattoo, but I never noticed the star on his hand. Unless that's a stamp from a club!
Old 04-18-2015, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montclare View Post
That's a great shot of Mick!

I know John has the penguin tattoo, but I never noticed the star on his hand. Unless that's a stamp from a club!
Haha!
This link has an older pic of both tats--the one of his hand is also a bird or perguin (now faded but sometimes it's barely visible it seems).

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17877

Excellent photos--thank you!
Old 04-18-2015, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
2. Someone did ask about a new album. He hemmed and hawed but did say that Christine and Lindsey will get that music out SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW. It may not be under the FM name, but it will certainly come out. He didn't mention Stevie at all. Just said that Christine had some amazing music that she brought to them. That music they made won't fade away, but it will be a year or so, since they are touring and tied up.
this part always makes me so angry - really Mick?????? why not??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this part always makes me so angry - really Mick?????? why not??
Me too. After Christine's latest interview, I was very hopeful. This was just like a big bucket of cold water. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-18-2015, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
2. Someone did ask about a new album. He hemmed and hawed but did say that Christine and Lindsey will get that music out SOMEWAY, SOMEHOW. It may not be under the FM name, but it will certainly come out. He didn't mention Stevie at all. Just said that Christine had some amazing music that she brought to them.
Bring on the 'Buckingham McVie' album.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Bring on the 'Buckingham McVie' album.
Buckingham McVie would be a good band name if Mick wasn't involved. Otherwise, it's still Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-18-2015, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sounds like OKC got a great make up show, but since it's near the end of the tour, I think it's really horrible that they aren't doing Songbird. Since they did it in Los Angeles, it looks rather cynical that they stopped doing it, with so little time left. I know Christine is wearing a compression glove and must be in pain, but she is about to get a significant amount of time off to heal.

Thanks Christy.

Michele
Old 04-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review, thank you. Loved the pic of John. He's the one I would want to meet and have a drink with the most.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He also mentioned them recording the music at Glastonbury and selling it, or something of that nature and they weren't too keen on that.
To clarify- Do you mean Glastonbury weren't too keen on Fleetwood Mac recording their show and selling it? Does that mean the Isle of Wight are happy for them to record and sell it?

or did he mean FM weren't happy to record a Glastonbury performance?