User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
How are you so sure of this? It amazes me how all this supposition is allowed with Lindsey, but never with Stevie. There's never an ulterior motive where she's concerned.

My guess is this will never go to court, as it's in no one's interests to drag this out. Lindsey might not get the amount he's seeking, but he will probably get a settlement of several million. I'd be surprised if the band fights this lawsuit, as it is bad publicity.
It wasn’t sent to the media first. That may be how the band first heard of it, but it’s a matter of public record once it’s filed. Anyone can access it for a fee, hence RS, US weekly and radar on line. I think it’s pretty apparent, all relevant parties are none too shocked he filed. Totally agree with you it won’t go to court. I am sure there is a lot more dirty laundry that needs to be protected
Old 10-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
He is not a victim.
He is a total victim.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
How are you so sure of this? It amazes me how all this supposition is allowed with Lindsey, but never with Stevie. There's never an ulterior motive where she's concerned.

My guess is this will never go to court, as it's in no one's interests to drag this out. Lindsey might not get the amount he's seeking, but he will probably get a settlement of several million. I'd be surprised if the band fights this lawsuit, as it is bad publicity.

Are you kidding? Most of the posts for years — way before this latest drama happened — has been supposition about Stevie, from every facet of her life!
Old 10-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post

Are you kidding? Most of the posts for years — way before this latest drama happened — has been supposition about Stevie, from every facet of her life!
I don't know about "most of the posts" being supposition about Stevie. In this specific case of Lindsey's firing, any supposition about Stevie tends to get slammed, yet the same people indulge in wild conspiracies about Lindsey's motives. You seem to require hard evidence for anything that might reflect poorly on Stevie, but no such requirement exists for Lindsey. Just an observation.

Last edited by saniette; 10-12-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Old 10-12-2018, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
You mean it's what you get if you don't keep your little demon from going after people?
Like some posters, it won't go away.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Hopefully the folks at Loeb and Loeb know how to contact you for legal advice.
$he's a ma$ter of all thing$.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Like some posters, it won't go away.
Hmm...yes indeed...
Old 10-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
It wasn’t sent to the media first. That may be how the band first heard of it, but it’s a matter of public record once it’s filed. Anyone can access it for a fee, hence RS, US weekly and radar on line. I think it’s pretty apparent, all relevant parties are none too shocked he filed. Totally agree with you it won’t go to court. I am sure there is a lot more dirty laundry that needs to be protected
yes, it's public, but you'd have to know to go look for it. the accusation is that lindsey's people would have alerted certain people in the media that it was filed or being filed so they would know to go pull it up.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Oral contracts count too to an extent.
they do in california.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
BTW, I wonder which sells more tickets: the Rumours 5 (even after Lindsey makes one comment about doing CW for the money), or a not-really-what-you-remember version of the band with two new guys (one of whom is almost unknown in America) which has alienated fans on an unprecedented level?

You can bet Azoff knew the answer to that question long before the band found it out the hard way.
“Two new guys...” LOL!

It’s not like they got virtual unknowns, like Billy Burnette and Rick Vito.

Mike Campbell is a rock icon and already had some measure of relevance in the Fleetwood Mac universe before joining. As for Neil, he’s had two top-ten hits in the US, and more abroad. For the record, DDIO charted higer in the US than any of Lindsey’s or Christine’s singles. Not bad for someone who’s a virtual unknown in America.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-12-2018, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
yes, it's public, but you'd have to know to go look for it. the accusation is that lindsey's people would have alerted certain people in the media that it was filed or being filed so they would know to go pull it up.
Totally get that and understand that perspective. And could very well be the case. The cynic that I am also thinks there are poor interns that want jobs with Radar Online, TMZ, US weekly so badly that they troll the courts websites just for this sort of thing. I am sure they have someone on their payroll for this sort of thing alone.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm reminded of herpes...
hahahaha, , that’s perfect.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac responds

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1050865460898615296?s=12

Fleetwood Mac's statement to @THR in response to Lindsey Buckingham's complaint: "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court"
Old 10-12-2018, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
https://twitter.com/thr/status/1050865460898615296?s=12

Fleetwood Mac's statement to @THR in response to Lindsey Buckingham's complaint: "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham’s complaint and looks forward to their day in court"
They retained Dan Petrocelli, the same lawyer who represented the Eagles against Don Felder’s suit. I sort of figured that would be the case. This will be interesting to watch to say the least. Doesn’t look like FM is going down without a fight. By the looks of their statement, they have their own side of the story and are eager to tell it.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, for those who don’t know Petrocelli, let’s just say FM is in very good hands. He is a pretty big name when it comes to lawyers. He’s like the human personification of the blood sucking entertainment attorney stereotype. Even represents Trump and Weinstein.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_M._Petrocelli