Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarneVaca
Johnny, if you would consider for two seconds the spirit in which I framed my original comment, you might conclude it had nothing to do with double standards. From the very beginning, I was saying that "I don't believe anything Mick says," to quote myself. You choose to focus on a very narrow aspect that has do do with album releases, then express self-satisfaction in your vigilance of these perceived double standards. But there is no double standard. At least, not in this case.
By the way, I just wanted to point out that your original comment was, as follows...
Quote:
But at the risk of being a party pooper, keep in mind the source: Very little of what Mick says ever comes to fruition. If we hear from Lindsey's mouth that he is going to release his solo material, that will be more credible.
Since you said this in regards to the release of another Lindsey album, and since you used the phrase "comes to fruition," I felt that you were only commenting on promises of new releases.
I didn't realize that autobiographies and fanclub debacles were included in that.

Hence the three pages of confusion that followed, apparently.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:26 PM

Johnny, that is indeed my original comment. But before you ever had a chance to reply, I said that "I don't believe anything Mick says," to quote myself again.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I didn't realize that autobiographies and fanclub debacles were included in that.
Doesn't that trash reflect his level of credibility? I think so, my man. Lindsey is a musician first and a businessman second. With Mick, it's the other way around, so we have to suffer the false promises and ridiculous publicity that Mick drums up to get a few more clams in his sweaty hands. It's always been that way. Lindsey didn't write a book full of lies, Lindsey didn't say SYW would be a double album a month before the album was mixed, Lindsey didn't say Sara would be the in the setlist before the start of the tour, and so on. C'mon.

So, in conclusion, who is a more credible person? Lindsey Buckingham.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Doesn't that trash reflect his level of credibility? I think so, my man. Lindsey is a musician first and a businessman second. With Mick, it's the other way around, so we have to suffer the false promises and ridiculous publicity that Mick drums up to get a few more clams in his sweaty hands. It's always been that way. Lindsey didn't write a book full of lies, Lindsey didn't say SYW would be a double album a month before the album was mixed, Lindsey didn't say Sara would be the in the setlist before the start of the tour, and so on. C'mon.

So, in conclusion, who is a more credible person? Lindsey Buckingham.

Ever have one of those days (or weeks), when you feel like you must be speaking another language?

As I said (I think four times now), I wasn't saying that Lindsey's believability was on par with Mick's on any other matter, other than album releases.
Certainly Lindsey seems more credible otherwise, but not in this matter.
And that's all I meant in my very first post in this thread, and that's what I still mean now.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Ever have one of those days (or weeks), when you feel like you must be speaking another language?
Every time I come across a Republican, darling.

As for the rest of your post? I totally agree. My apologies if I misread the whole thing; I agree with you.

Old 04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
Quote:
...Gaius seemed to feel that I was working against "LB Fanatics," and presenting some kind of false objectivity.
Johnny, I haven't been here for a while but I'd still like to chime in on this one.

I don't think you've been working against LB fanatics; my rationality and analytical side let me down once again when I felt irritated by the pokes at Lindsey that felt negative, no matter how apt they might be.

And I don't think anyone can be the objective equal poster here but we certainly can try. And I think we all should strive to get to that point, at least sometimes.

The LB fanatics will tone down at one point anyway, it just seems that spring has a "Red Rover" effect on me. Hence the ridiculously long posts at the LB forum.

I'd still like to state that I've never intentionally criticized anyone's persona, my critique has been directed at music (which sometimes can't be separated from the personality, I admit). And if I learn to do that with less writing then it's better for all of us.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up