Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default A thought

I haven't posted in three years. Lindsey Buckingham's music helped me throught a tough time in my life. In those three years I've listened but not as often as I once did. I downloaded "The Singer not the Song" and was just blown away. This guy needs to put an album out now. He's grown so much but maybe he doesn't see it. I hope showcases this work. It's doesn't have to go gold or platinum, just have it out there for the world to see. That's the most important part.

Thank You,
Gilby
Old 05-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Ledgie

I totally agree with you here gilby. I think we all do.
Lindsey has grown tremendously in the past few years.
His talent has truly escallated into a very unique and
expressive area here. We all look hopefully to the
release of this new work, along with the release of
the new FM album. I'm sure we will see his creative
hand in the work on this new album, as well.

PS: Welcome Back, don't be a stranger.

witchywoman

Smile! It makes people wonder
what you're up to.

Whatever, that's Rock & Roll!
Old 05-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up ANOTHER LINDSEY FAN!!!!

Hi there! Welcome to the Ledge!! Lindsey RULES and YES he needs to put out Gift of Screws and we are sitting on "Pins and Needles" waiting for the new FM album!! His music helped me through a rough 2001, and I am forever grateful to him for that. Nice to know that music can heal your soul.
Old 05-13-2002, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Gilby,

You DO know that "The Singer Not The Song" is a cover of an old Rolling Stones song, right?
Old 05-13-2002, 08:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: A thought

Quote:
Originally posted by gilby
It's doesn't have to go gold or platinum, just have it out there for the world to see. That's the most important part.
The tragedy is that whether or not Lindsey is able to fully recognize the value of his work, the record companies increasingly won't give the time of day to an artist who won't go gold or platinum.

Nice to see you posting again after such a long absense. There's lots more GOS tracks to download. I hope you get to enjoy those too.
Old 05-13-2002, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default True but.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Les

The tragedy is that whether or not Lindsey is able to fully recognize the value of his work, the record companies increasingly won't give the time of day to an artist who won't go gold or platinum....
What you say is absolutely true...but....you know what I think?...I think if ALL the major record labels are STUPID ENOUGH not to realise the undeniably incredible talents of this man, and the fact that if he's BACKED in the right way by the label he WILL go gold and platinum........then they don't DESERVE to have Lindsey as an artist in the first place.....it's not like he's just starting his career or something and he's desperate to find a label that will give him a try...he's been there, done that, got the grammy, got the lifetime achievement awards, and his FM albums have gone platinum more times than most record-label workers can count.......if he stopped playing another note right now it wouldn't really affect him financially....and he has WAAAAY MORE than enough money.......so here's what I think he should do.....put the finger up at any label which won't "give him the time of day" and go and release this work-of-art through his own record production company so that.....Gilby said it PERFECTLY...."it's out there for the WORLD to see...THAT'S the most important part."

Old 05-14-2002, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes Seteca...I totally agree with you, Lindsey should put out his music by himself especially as he knows there's a dedicated fan base out there, desperate to hear him and sod all those uninterested record labels who are only in it for the money! Goodness knows how you do it, but he should know and probably has the cash to do it too. At least if he did it himself we might finally get GOS, which seems sadly to be getting further and further on the back burner
Old 05-14-2002, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess it all kind of depends on what's really going on at Reprise. If he is still contracted to Reprise as a solo artist, that presents different problems. If they don't want to let you out of a deal, they can make it hard, even if they won't release your work. Aimee Mann lived through that for about 8 years. But if he's no longer contracted to them as a solo artist, that might open the door to some different opportunities. I don't really see Lindsey enjoying any aspect of the business side of things and might really shy away from his own label. But heck, Mick's got a label - I wonder what the potential might be there?
Old 05-14-2002, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Record Label Blues!!!

Hi Fans...I agree seteca &Les!LB's newer music has a
punch of energy so tremendous it needs to be heard!

Lindsey cannot stand all the politics involved in
distribution of music...so I just think... he leaked
the demos to "stick-it" to the record ppl!
We get a great cd of Lindsey Music to ENJOY!

Let's hope the Fleetwood Mac Album drops before 2003!

Lindsey's Music RULES! He is my Musical Hero!Bye,Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 05-14-2002 at 06:18 PM..