User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Oh No,No. No need for apologies. ESPECIALLY from you. I really enjoy your posts.
Awwww, thank you! That's so sweet!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 08-24-2009, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Alright, i'll bite. Supposedly Mr. Buckingham was PURPOSELY mis-playing stevies songs because he was mad/jealous/had bad gass/ i dont know. He's moody. ANYHOW, during ~RHIANNON~ he was on-stage making fun of her "Rhiannon dance" (according to Micks book, and others) he took his jacket, pulled it over his head, and started to imitate her in a mocking way. Supposedly he kicked her. She continued to train on through the song. He continued to play it out of tune and then Allegedly he threw a guitar. The band ended the show, all members were pissed, everyone ran to really give it to him and Christine was the first. She Slapped him, and then told him off for being so unprofessional in front of a paying audience.
WOW! what a bastard... he totally deserved that slap from Christine, i totally can't imagine her angry...
Perhaps lindsey was being a big baby about the fact that stevie was working on Bella Donna?(i'm only assuming, but he always seems to be very jealous of stevie)

~Well You Cannot Know A Dream~
~Until You've Known The Nightmare~
Old 08-24-2009, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine needs an OBE.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hmm my uncle went to that show, and so did my mums bestfriend. He said they were ****, and that "that song Tusk went on forever" (although he is a rod stewart fan soo im not sure about his musical taste. My mums friend said they were great although she was drunk for most of the show too haha.

I asked tvnz like a year ago if they had a copy of the show. They said they did, but they can't release it to me due to copyright laws or something?
Old 08-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Alright, i'll bite. Supposedly Mr. Buckingham was PURPOSELY mis-playing stevies songs because he was mad/jealous/had bad gass/ i dont know. He's moody. ANYHOW, during ~RHIANNON~ he was on-stage making fun of her "Rhiannon dance" (according to Micks book, and others) he took his jacket, pulled it over his head, and started to imitate her in a mocking way. Supposedly he kicked her. She continued to train on through the song. He continued to play it out of tune and then Allegedly he threw a guitar. The band ended the show, all members were pissed, everyone ran to really give it to him and Christine was the first. She Slapped him, and then told him off for being so unprofessional in front of a paying audience.
You got it right.
When you say "the band ended the show" do you mean after he threw the guitar? Or do you mean when the show was over?
Because it was after the show was over , or just before the encores, that he got slapped in the face by Christine.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
Hmm my uncle went to that show, and so did my mums bestfriend. He said they were ****, and that "that song Tusk went on forever" (although he is a rod stewart fan soo im not sure about his musical taste. My mums friend said they were great although she was drunk for most of the show too haha.

I asked tvnz like a year ago if they had a copy of the show. They said they did, but they can't release it to me due to copyright laws or something?
Go to their station and tell them you would like to see it, you don't have to have a copy. Tell them you are doing a school project. Or make up some good story. Tell us how old you are and we Ledgies will come up with a good excuse for you to use!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There were no contemporaneous reports of anything at all happening in New Zealand between the band members. And we have no NZ newspaper stories about anything occurring.

Mick described an incident in his book for the first time, some 10 years after the fact.

After Mick's book came out, Stevie was asked about it and she said in Rolling Stone in 1997:

Quote:
Lindsey and I had another huge thing that happened onstage in New Zealand. We had some kind of a fight, and he came over, might have kicked me, did something to me, and we stopped the show. He went off, and we all ran at breakneck speed back to the dressing room to see who could kill him first. Christine got to him fist, and then I got to him second. The bodyguards were trying to get in the middle of all of us.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

Also interesting that zilcho mention was made of the infamous onstage incident at the 1980 New Zealand shows.
No. We'll see what happens as the concert gets closer.

I found this mention of the 1980 show in a 1999 article:

From a June 26, 1999 article about Athletic Park in the New Zealand Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...&objectid=8969

Athletic Park has been used for everything from woodchopping and boxing, soccer and minor cricket games, to rock concerts. One of the most famous was by Fleetwood Mac in 1980.

Five minutes before the concert started, a top policeman stumbled across the band indulging in substances which are mentioned in the Crimes Act and wanted to arrest the Macs. Lower-ranked officers persuaded him not to, fearing the crowd would go out of control.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I found this mention of the 1980 show in a 1999 article:

From a June 26, 1999 article about Athletic Park in the New Zealand Herald:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news...&objectid=8969

Athletic Park has been used for everything from woodchopping and boxing, soccer and minor cricket games, to rock concerts. One of the most famous was by Fleetwood Mac in 1980.

Five minutes before the concert started, a top policeman stumbled across the band indulging in substances which are mentioned in the Crimes Act and wanted to arrest the Macs. Lower-ranked officers persuaded him not to, fearing the crowd would go out of control.
Ah, interesting.

A great deal of mystery & hearsay surround this incident (not the least of which is how so many Mac fans say they have Mick's 1990 book but appear not to have read it, & yet still don't hesitate to ascribe LB's alleged behavior to all sorts of sinister motives -- the book clearly states that LB was drunk).

One big mystery is why no one seems to have copied or even heard the radio broadcast of the concert. Mick writes that the show was simulcast, & that audience & press had no idea anything was 'wrong.'

I think something happened -- otherwise Lindsey & the other members would have said "What are you talking about?" when asked about it in recent years -- but I just don't know what. But Mick's book appears to be the very first public mention of it, ten years on.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnchantedKiwi View Post
"My Life & Adventures" says that the show was simulcast on the radio. Don't any New Zealanders have a tape of it?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I think Christine needs the Klonopin now.

Also interesting that zilcho mention was made of the infamous onstage incident at the 1980 New Zealand shows.
I know, right. There was the big windup with them talking about the last time FM was there and then nothing. What a missed opportunity for the writer, who probably wasn't even born the last time FM was in town. Oh well.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
What WAS the famous New Zealand incident? Do I fail for not knowing this?
Epic. Just kidding.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodtrick View Post
I've heard SO many versions of the NZ story, I'm not even sure how to condense it, and I don't think that there's ever really been any proof that the incident occured. But I'm sure at least one person here will be able to explain it correctly!
Well Mick says it happened.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She chucked her wine over him for good measure too.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Well Mick says it happened.
I didn't know that when I posted, because I'm still waiting for Storms and both of Mick's books to be returned the library so that I can read them!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥