Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2002, 07:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick Fleetwood- Two Sticks and a Drum on DVD

The Mick Fleetwood Story- Two Sticks and a Drum is going to be released on DVD on 10/8. Check out Amazon !
Old 08-28-2002, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Sweet!!!! I hope this isn't some kind of mistake! I will be buying it and adding it to my collection!

Thanks for the heads up!!!
Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 08-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Ledgie

Question

What was Two Sticks and a Drum like as a biography? Did it tell a good story? What were the highlights?
Who was interviewed?

I guess what we're asking is, is it worth buying and why?

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cool Here tis...

http://www.dvdplanet.com/product_lis...roductid=26700

Here is the link to the DVD at DVD Planet. Here is a synopsis that I copied from the link.

Mick Fleetwood cast a long shadow as the co-founder of one of rock's most successful bands--Fleetwood Mac. He was the lanky, frenzied drummer whose unorthodox style drove the band's luscious harmonies and whose slightly crazed persona balanced out the group's ethereal qualities. In this definitive portrait of a life lived within one of rock 'n' roll's most turbulent groups, the story traces Mick Fleetwood's life from his childhood to his early career playing with the world's greatest blues musicians to his years with Fleetwood Mac. Formed in 1967, the group began with its roots firmly planted in the blues and evolved toward pop-rock as the line-up changed. Ironically, Fleetwood Mac's most successful album, "Rumours," with its carefree melodies and bouncy rhythms, was written about the internal tensions that eventually tore the band apart. Includes interviews with B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Peter Green, John McVie, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, Lindsey Buckingham, and John Mayall!
Old 08-29-2002, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be getting this, and I will be glad to have it, but it just really makes me scratch my head as to why there is enough interest in this and the drum loop thing to warrant it's release and distribution, but yet not enough in the video compilation or the Mirage concert or the Tusk Documentary.

Go Figure.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default J&J

It's been awhile now, but I've seen this documentary. It aired up here in Canada in very early January. I can't remember much, but I think it was good.

The only thing I seem to remember is footage of Mick [now] in a field with his arms outstretched, running around in circles.

Last edited by Grainuaile; 08-29-2002 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-29-2002, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Sulamith, that reminds me...

Sulamith (or anybody):

Does anyone know what that "Drum loop" CD of Mick's is called and when it will be releasd?

I don't know if I'll even bother with getting it but I'd just like to know what it's called and when it's out so I can have the option there you know what I mean? Any help on this would be great. Thanks!

John
Old 08-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

I just found out myself that it's called "Total drumming" but it's a computer CD rom type of deal, NOT a CD that you can play in a regular CD player.

John
Old 09-01-2002, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I would definitely say 'Two Sticks And A Drum' is worth getting.
There is a lot of great Mac footage spread throughout... a great deal of which is very rare, and previously unseen.

There are also brand new (2001) interviews with Peter, John, Christine, Stevie & Lindsey... as well as interviews with Biddy Fleetwood (Mick's mom), Sally Fleetwood (Mick's sister), Jenny Boyd (Mick's ex-wife), Judy Wong, and tons of other people from Fleetwood Mac's extended family.

One aspect I found really fascinating... during the course of the documentary, Mick visits several areas in London that had significance in his life. If you've ever read his autobiography, this provides a really cool visual reference to many of the places he mentioned.

Now, if only Fleetwood Mac would give someone the green-light to do an independently produced biography of the band, along these lines, we'd be in business.

Johnny Stew
Old 09-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile JOHNNY

Yeah, a FM DVD bio would be killer! I wonder how many DVD's would have to be included in that monster of a DVD "box set"?!

John