User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2002, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Lori
...Stevie has mentioned several times that she'd like to perform Storms live. I'm wondering if they're thinking of performing songs like Storms.....
That would be AWESOME if she did it live! "Storms" is one of my favourite songs off Tusk and my favourite Stevie song ever.

Let's hope...!

Old 08-22-2002, 08:20 AM

I am relieved that I won't be tempted to go out and buy this thing, since I have all the songs already. I shelled out the $40 for Enchanted a few years back for the unreleased stuff, and turns out I rarely play any of those discs. I certainly wouldn't play this "very best" compilation either.

Not even one measly new track? And I've got to say, "No Questions Asked" in a "very best" collection? Who are they kidding?

Wow, double WOW!!

The Stones are releasing a compilation around the same time, and they are including four new songs. I think I'll save my $25 for that one; I am sure it will be more interesting by far. Also of interest to be released this fall:

Tom Petty's new record
Steve Earle's Jerusalum

I'd like to thank Fleetwood Mac and its label for helping make my CD budgeting decisions that much easier. Oh, and I may finally get around to buying Law and Order on CD.

By the way, I've been enjoying the new Bruce Springsteen record immensely. If you don't have it, and you like Bruce, I strongly recommend it.

Peace, everyone.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default One strange thing I noticed...

No "Save Me." That was a Top 40 hit in the U.S. I wonder why they decided to include "Skies the Limit" instead? Maybe the band liked it better than "Save Me"?
And yeah, I think it's lousy they're not including ANY new or unreleased vault tracks. I definitely won't be wasting my money.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:51 AM

Hmmmm, very very odd set of tracks

I personally would chuck off Family man and replace it with either Angel, Beautiful child or 'Cant go back' which was a single

Will certainly be buying it
Old 08-22-2002, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I know it doesn't say on the track listing, but do you think we might be so lucky to get the "Sisters of the Moon" LIVE version from the Mirage tape? Oh, what palpitations of joy!

That would make the whole collection for me! It probably the studio version though, since it doesn't say it is live.

I also hope they do some of these songs on the tour, and MAYBE that is one of the reasons they did this in this way.
Maybe it is "Fleetwood Mac for Beginners" because they are hoping to turn even more people on to the older stuff, and then it will be better recieved in concert.

I know they must be tired of thar same old, same old.
Even Stevie shook things up a bit on her TISL Tour, so I like the idea that we may get things like "Storms", "WMYTYTO", "Never Going Back Again", "No Questions Asked" and "Seven Wonders" (which I LOVE Carne!) in concert again.
Sadly, I know Stevie can't do SOTM anymore. That's why I want that darn LIVE Mirage version on CD!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Silver Springs

Just a quick question about the article...

You know how it says that Silver Springs was a minor hit in 1997? I was just wondering how minor it was. I always thought it was a big hit, because it seemed like it was always on vh1/mtv and the radio for a while, even on the pop music stations. Hearing and seeing it so much then was actually what turned me on to Fleetwood Mac in the first place. So did it chart at all, or was its success all in my head? (I already looked on this site and I didn't see anything about either single.)
Old 08-22-2002, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Now that...

would be interesting to see alot of the songs on this "Greatest Hits" that were rarely played live be included in the setlist for the current tour...And where is "Angel" & "Beautiful Child"???...Brian

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down In a word...

LAME! I'm very disappointed in the decision to release this album at all. And the song list sucks. But, of course I'll buy it, 'cause I "have to have it." Will the liner notes say, "This is dedicated to those suckers on the Ledge?" LOL Please don't flame me, just my honest opinion.

Livia
Old 08-22-2002, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I understand the concept of this package; an update of the 1988 GH set & highlights from the box set...BUT, what I DON'T understand is why nothing to reel in the "completists". There's nothing here that hasn't already been released before, so therefore nothing to grab those couple of hundred thousand EXTRA people to make them want to buy this. Boggles my mind.

(and why not just add "I Don't Want To Know" & "Oh Daddy" to COMPLETE the Rumours repackage?)

Quote:
I'm very disappointed in the decision to release this album at all
It's understandable IF this really is the album that completes Fleetwood Mac's contractual commitment to WB/Reprise. That's actually WHY "Greatest Hits" & "Best Of" repackages are released at all...to satisfy a contractual agreement...and for the record company to recoup their investment. The artist only in VERY rare cases has any say or involvement in those releases.

Last edited by chiliD; 08-22-2002 at 12:10 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Livia!!
Too Funny!!
No flaming from me at all.
That's the funniest thing anyone has posted in a coon's age!
We are bunch of suckers, anyway! LMAO!!
Old 08-22-2002, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I know...

what Johnny Stew said is very true..."but it could be worse, we could be die-hard Heart fans.
Capitol Records is putting together ANOTHER Heart greatest hits compilation."

...Darn, I have only 2 of those Heart releases...Must run and buy the other 2...lol...Capitol records seems to be suffering from "redundancy syndrome" again...

Livia said "Will the liner notes say, "This is dedicated to those suckers on the Ledge?""...

I hope they list each of us suckers individually by name if they do...LOL!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 08-22-2002 at 12:15 PM..
Old 08-22-2002, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

this album was put together with the general public in mind..not the fans. i think its a GREAT mix for somone who is new to fleetwood mac. And its a very best of album..not a greatest hits..so its going to have songs that were hits and songs that the band just likes and thinks belong on the discs.

I said this before on another forum..and i dont mean to get on a soapbox...but this is a good thing just to get someething out on the market and their named mentioned here and there...a few press articles. Just to get the name out there before the new album really gets going. This will probably help the band more than we know. All of us know that they cant fill an arena of 15000 die hard fans like ourselves...that rarely happens. Yes its a money maker blah blah...i don't blame them for trying to make a living and that dam GH from 88 is kinda incomplete. I will look forward to having this set in my car to play.

About the fact that no new tracks were added...we dont know that. They could throw in a freebie third disc on a limited amount that has just a new tune or two. Dave matthews did that with a dvd disc thing. It would spoil the suprise if they told us they were going to include a bonus track you know. Just wait and see

Just my two cents ....didnt mean to preach

Alex
Old 08-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, I never thought of that. Maybe there will be a little surprise after all, or maybe that is not the final or complete track list.

Here's to being optimistic.
It's all just a foretaste of the new tunes to come.
Isn't all this build up exciting?
The months leading up to record release are almost as good as when you finally get it!
I'm ready to start seeing their names all over again.
I hope they are planning and shooting videos as we speak!
Old 08-22-2002, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Post Best Of

Quote:
Posted by Big Al84: this album was put together with the general public in mind..not the fans. i think its a GREAT mix for somone who is new to fleetwood mac. And its a very best of album..not a greatest hits..so its going to have songs that were hits and songs that the band just likes and thinks belong on the discs.

I concur Al. It is a nice package for the general FM fan. Just the right mix....not too much(Chain Box Set), not too little(Greatest Hits 88....didn't capture the whole sound of FM).

I like the mix of songs especially the inclusion of World Turning and Seven Wonders. I didn't start buying FM cds until BTM so a lot of my stuff is still on vinyl. Whenever I can get some songs on cd without having to go back and buy the original cd I'm happy. And I don't have a cd burner so I can't "pirate" the songs and make my own copies.

All in all I think it's a good thing just for the publicity for FM. I'll buy it and highly anticipate the "STORM"!

Joe
Old 08-22-2002, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is garbage, get the new album out...FAST.