User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I believe she has a certain MJKF round her little finger. I still say if wanting stuff delayed for solo projects was the problem then they would have ditched Stevie around 2016 if not a couple of years before.

It's only just really dawned on me what a big draw she is for the group. They could still fill big venues even when only four out of the Rumours five were in the line-up but look how tame the whole BuckVie thing was by comparison.
I know. $HE'$ the reason many come.

My two Buck Vie shows were truly two of my favorite concerts(out of hundreds and hundreds of shows), ever.

But then, I prefer my goat curried.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 05-16-2018 at 09:24 AM..
Old 05-16-2018, 07:18 AM

The BuckVie shows I attended were far from tame. Especially, the sold out Greek Show. That was a show I'll never forget.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
I believe she has a certain MJKF round her little finger. I still say if wanting stuff delayed for solo projects was the problem then they would have ditched Stevie around 2016 if not a couple of years before.

It's only just really dawned on me what a big draw she is for the group. They could still fill big venues even when only four out of the Rumours five were in the line-up but look how tame the whole BuckVie thing was by comparison.
You are forgetting the fact that they didn’t have the Fleetwood Mac name.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You are forgetting the fact that they didn’t have the Fleetwood Mac name.
And WHY didn't it have the FM name?

Lindsey isn't in the group now, and it's still FM.

So Lindsey, Chris, John, and Dick do a record, and THAT'S not FM???

I hate that tambourine witch more than brussel sprouts! And Hitler!
Old 05-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Homer, we all know that you absolutely hate Stevie with every fiber of your being. Whatever, that's your right. But to compare her to Hitler??? You gotta be f***ing kidding me! You think Stevie is really as bad (or worse as you say) as a man who brought about the inhumane treatment and mass genocide of nearly an entire race of people??! Even if you're joking, I find this in really poor taste. Millions of people being murdered is not funny.

It's posts like these that make me not want to come on this website very much. I know I'm free to leave at anytime, but I've always used the ledge as my source for news, even before I became a member and just lurked. It's upsetting that this whole situation has happened. I'm not happy about Lindsey being fired. But Stevie didn't kill anyone for crying out loud! Some of you are taking your anger and hatred of her way too far.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post
Homer, we all know that you absolutely hate Stevie with every fiber of your being. Whatever, that's your right. But to compare her to Hitler??? You gotta be f***ing kidding me! You think Stevie is really as bad (or worse as you say) as a man who brought about the inhumane treatment and mass genocide of nearly an entire race of people??! Even if you're joking, I find this in really poor taste. Millions of people being murdered is not funny.

It's posts like these that make me not want to come on this website very much. I know I'm free to leave at anytime, but I've always used the ledge as my source for news, even before I became a member and just lurked. It's upsetting that this whole situation has happened. I'm not happy about Lindsey being fired. But Stevie didn't kill anyone for crying out loud! Some of you are taking your anger and hatred of her way too far.
Oh, calm down!

AND, if you could read, I said that I hate her more than Hitler. That ISN'T a comparison.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, calm down!

AND, if you could read, I said that I hate her more than Hitler. That ISN'T a comparison.
Excuse me for apparently being illiterate! I had no idea! Fine, you hate her MORE than Hitler. I still find it disgusting that you would rank her higher on your hate list than someone who literally caused the DEATHS of millions of people. Even if you were joking. The Holocaust was a real thing that affected the lives of so many people, and still affects many today. Whatever Stevie did cannot be worse than that.

I don't see the point of arguing with you anymore. It's clear that only a select few on this board are allowed to continually express their opinions without repercussions. I can normally ignore things said on here, but this took things too far, and I couldn't stay silent.

Last edited by 24karatstevie; 05-16-2018 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: Added something
Old 05-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It wasn’t FM because Mick chose not to use the FM title....it belongs to him and his old mucker John..
Old 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24karatstevie View Post

Homer is funny and that's what he's trying to be. You can't tell that?????? It's pretty obvious.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Homer is funny and that's what he's trying to be. You can't tell that?????? It's pretty obvious.
I never think Holocaust jokes are funny
Old 05-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
It wasn’t FM because Mick chose not to use the FM title....it belongs to him and his old mucker John..
He didn’t want to risk losing his bag of money. But, then again, none of them did.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-16-2018, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Just a reminder, Lindsey did several interviews where he said the album was never meant to be a FM album... including one amusing interview where his agent or handler actually intervened when the interviewer pressed the point. But you say Mick made the choice to not call it a FM album. Guess Lindsey was lying, then?

Not that it matters to me what the reason was, but it is confusing when Lindsey made it very clear it was never meant to be a FM album.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Just a reminder, Lindsey did several interviews where he said the album was never meant to be a FM album... including one amusing interview where his agent or handler actually intervened when the interviewer pressed the point. But you say Mick made the choice to not call it a FM album. Guess Lindsey was lying, then?

Not that it matters to me what the reason was, but it is confusing when Lindsey made it very clear it was never meant to be a FM album.
Lindsey like everyone else played the game. Do you really think Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John did not want to record a Fleetwood Mac album? Of course they did. However when Stevie was not joining them Lindsey and Christine were having so much fun they still moved forward with the project. They were not going to rub Stevie's face in the project. It also sounds a lot better than "We sat around and waited for Stevie but Stevie does not like us so we did the album anyway." Of course it sounds better to say. "Oh yes, this was our intention the entire time. We just wanted to put out this duo album from the start.
I doubt anyone seriously believes that. Its just as bad what Stevie said that she did not go to the studio because albums don't sell. Both Lindsey and Stevie are liars about this recording.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Lindsey like everyone else played the game. Do you really think Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John did not want to record a Fleetwood Mac album? Of course they did.
I agree completely that Lindsey was lying, or playing the game, as you say. But the post I responded to said it was Mick's decision to keep the album from being called Fleetwood Mac, not, say, the entire band's decision. It seemed like another example of people blaming Mick solely... first it was his scheme to keep the album from being called FM, then it was his scheme to get Lindsey out of the band.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I never think Holocaust jokes are funny
WHO made a holocaust joke?