The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are they really asking $1600 for front row seats??

Wow. Even though I could swing it, there's no way in hell I'd pay that for a concert. N.F.W. Especially having seen them all live in all their permutations (band and solo). There's nothing new they can offer me for that price. No wonder Mick and Stevie sell their souls to tour. At that rate they'll be wheeling them out and propping them up after they're gone....oh wait, they are already doing that with holograms now.

Stevie is no longer an artist; she's just a business woman and that's it. Same with Mick.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Wow. Even though I could swing it, there's no way in hell I'd pay that for a concert. N.F.W. Especially having seen them all live in all their permutations (band and solo). There's nothing new they can offer me for that price. No wonder Mick and Stevie sell their souls to tour. At that rate they'll be wheeling them out and propping them up after they're gone....oh wait, they are already doing that with holograms now.

Stevie is no longer an artist; she's just a business woman and that's it. Same with Mick.
That is a preposterous price.I think that they would have to pay me the $1.600 to look at these geezers close up. I saw this band for the first time in December of 1979 for less than 15 bucks .Luckily I was only a mildly stoned high school kid so I can remember it well and a fantastic show it was.I had no idea then nor would I have even guessed that they would come to this.

Old 04-30-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Highway robbery! $1600 for front row, seriously? $3200 for two seats and that's not even counting the convenience fee. I could fly across the Atlantic Ocean on a European vacation for that price They've lost their minds.

Out of curiosity, I just pulled out my American Express card and went to the PRE-SALE. I was offered two seats in the 16th row for $249 each with a $50 convenience fee per ticket----a grand total of $600 for two seats.

Since the system did not let me choose my seats from a map (like I have done with Ticketmaster for Stevie's solo shows), I opted out. I'm not paying $600 to be stuck on the floor in the middle of a jam packed 16th row trying to see over people's heads. I prefer to sit at the bottom of the first level on the side of the stage, it's a much better/closer view for a fraction of the price. I can actually see better and closer over there.

Can you believe I'm actually considering showing my face at this farce? I have no shame! LOL
Old 04-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's called daylight robbery.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I gave in. Found out there was a Mick Fleetwood meet and greet. That combined with the fact I've never seen Christine live won over my feelings about them firing Lindsey. I'm still mad he won't be there but I've already seen him twice.
How much is Fleetwood asking for a meet & greet?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-01-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
How much is Fleetwood asking for a meet & greet?
600-700. And that's separate from the ticket :')
Old 05-01-2018, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
600-700. And that's separate from the ticket :')
That is unbelievable. If you get to meet everyone in the band, than maybe it's worth it. But just Fleetwood... no thanks.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-01-2018, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That is unbelievable. If you get to meet everyone in the band, than maybe it's worth it. But just Fleetwood... no thanks.
And to think it doesn't even come with the actual ticket. His M&G used to include the seats themselves but I guess those failed businesses have racked up extra debts in recent years!

Lindsey used to use Stevie's speeches as a chance to plop down on his speaker and chat with the fans for free lol. They took pictures with him, asked him questions, held his hand, he signed things etc.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And to think it doesn't even come with the actual ticket. His M&G used to include the seats themselves but I guess those failed businesses have racked up extra debts in recent years!

Lindsey used to use Stevie's speeches as a chance to plop down on his speaker and chat with the fans for free lol. They took pictures with him, asked him questions, held his hand, he signed things etc.
It's ridiculous that the meet & greet doesn't come with front row seating for that price.

I saw Lindsey doing that with the fans. And Stevie goes on forever so everyone has a chance to say something to him. I love him for doing that. He seems to be the only one who really appreciates the fans.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-01-2018, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
You probably won’t be able to get your question in because Mick seems to be half deaf
And lo, a new theory emerges:
Lindsey was fired due to a series of age-related miscommunications!
LB: Dammit Mick, I want to perform new material.

MF: (straining to hear) You want to prolong the inevitable? You mean, delay the tour?

LB: No! I'm saying it's all about new songs!

MF: (vacant expression; turns to John) What did he say?

JM: (shrugs forlornly) I haven't heard anything below 98 dB since Kiln House. (mutters to self) It's how I've put up with this nightmare for the past 48 years!

LB: Well, at least let me do some solo gigs--just small venues in between the arena shows.

MF: (cups hand to ear) Let you do Scottish jigs?! That's it, I've heard just about enough of your outrageous demands! You want more revenues for your leaner nose?! Right, that does it--Lindsey, you're fired!
Old 05-01-2018, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I can see the old goat having a MAJOR problem with him talking to someone during her bloated sermons.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I can see the old goat having a MAJOR problem with him talking to someone during her bloated sermons.
Those talks are embarrassing and long.
And that's just to the concert-goers. I
can only imagine how old her stories get
when touring with her.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's ridiculous that the meet & greet doesn't come with front row seating for that price.

I saw Lindsey doing that with the fans. And Stevie goes on forever so everyone has a chance to say something to him. I love him for doing that. He seems to be the only one who really appreciates the fans.
Totally agree. There are some videos on YouTube where you can see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK8LI8fApn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2ScGGrXSuE
I saw the people who would talk about it online, it was all just really nice things. There was a girl who had lots of tattoos related to her favorite musicians and she showed him one that she has of his initials, a couple who said they were celebrating their anniversary or something like that and he was congratulating them, asked how many years etc.

I just think it's great seeing someone in that position being approachable and open like that.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I never thought about it like that since it was so nice for the fans and they all loved it so much but you might be onto something. I can imagine her being picky about that.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Those talks are embarrassing and long.
And that's just to the concert-goers. I
can only imagine how old her stories get
when touring with her.
I think she has good intentions with the stories, and they weren't always so long, but I think she got a bit carried away with them, especially on her more recent tours.
I saw a feedback from more than one person who went to her most recent solo tour and emphasized how much she talked. One person even said she talked more than she sang (although that was probably an exaggeration). But there are also lots of fans who love it.