The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just don't think anyone who was constantly drugged out on cocaine to the point of overdosing would be in their right mind to know whether or not someone was the love of their life. I think that if she were able to go back and see herself and her relationship with him, chances are she would walk away with a completely different perspective.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So glad that she is planning to tour 7 or 8 more years with the Mac.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With reports that Fleetwood Mac are planning a new record in January of 2010, touring for another 7 to 8 years, and hopefully putting out another record in between that, I am more and more convinced that Stevie is doing exactly what Gwen Stefani is doing, and that is, leaving her solo career behind.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
With reports that Fleetwood Mac are planning a new record in January of 2010, touring for another 7 to 8 years, and hopefully putting out another record in between that, I am more and more convinced that Stevie is doing exactly what Gwen Stefani is doing, and that is, leaving her solo career behind.
I was thinking the same thing.... I think she might feel that Fleetwood Mac is the more urgent issue right now because things are always shaking there. But with her solo career, that is hers and only hers so she can go back to it whenever she wants. I don't necessarily like that thought process but it makes sense.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Awww, I'd like to see both but I agree I don't want to not see another Stevie solo album.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
It's about time!

Perhaps the lackluster sales of Soundstage Sessions have made this decision for her... and for Lindsey post-UTS, -LATBPH, and -GOS.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post

P.S. Did anyone see SNL last night? They had Bill Hader dressed up as Lindsey on a talk show, but he never got to speak. The clothes were dead on, leather jacket, jeans, boots, and orange Hanes shirt. I wish he would have had a speaking part. I was pretty surprised, how random. I apologize if this has been mentioned somewhere else already,
Hate to say this, but there was no speaking part for a reason. Think about it. Poor Lindsey has developed a reputation with those speeches of his. No one wants to hear them, not even in fun.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyBlueEyes View Post
I just don't think anyone who was constantly drugged out on cocaine to the point of overdosing would be in their right mind to know whether or not someone was the love of their life. I think that if she were able to go back and see herself and her relationship with him, chances are she would walk away with a completely different perspective.
I think she says that "love of your life" crap so Lindsey doesn't think she's still pining over his happily-married ass. She'd be singing a different tune if it were a different circumstance, I guarantee- that is, she'd either be bitching about his "darkness" or saying how amazing he was. Either/or or just simultaneously, but Joe Walsh would be a mere speck.

And my boyfriend is now telling me he heard this particular Joe Walsh interview and it was really disturbing how little Joe seemed to care for SN. Now that's just wrong. I know I've done my Stevie bitching at length today, but what rudeness after how much she apparently adored him.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I think she says that "love of your life" crap so Lindsey doesn't think she's still pining over his happily-married ass. She'd be singing a different tune if it were a different circumstance, I guarantee- that is, she'd either be bitching about his "darkness" or saying how amazing he was. Either/or or just simultaneously, but Joe Walsh would be a mere speck.

And my boyfriend is now telling me he heard this particular Joe Walsh interview and it was really disturbing how little Joe seemed to care for SN. Now that's just wrong. I know I've done my Stevie bitching at length today, but what rudeness after how much she apparently adored him.
I hope it's some kind of inside joke. Like, she and Joe really hate each other's guts and so she tongue in cheek says, "Oh, Joe Walsh? Yeah - love of my life - uhhuh." And rolls her eyes.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I hope it's some kind of inside joke. Like, she and Joe really hate each other's guts and so she tongue in cheek says, "Oh, Joe Walsh? Yeah - love of my life - uhhuh." And rolls her eyes.
Hmmm...nah, I think she kinda digs him for real. And he appears to care less unfortunately.

(But look, if you asked me...idratherhavelindseybuckingham"stillinlove"withmethanthatfuglycreatureanyday,eventhoughjoewalshisagreatmusicianandihaveallhisalbums)

Old 10-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmm...nah, I think she kinda digs him for real. And he appears to care less unfortunately.

(But look, if you asked me...idratherhavelindseybuckingham"stillinlove"withmethanthatfuglycreatureanyday,eventhoughjoewalshisagreatmusicianandihaveallhisalbums)

That's all I'm sayin'. Plus, I think Walsh is a pig. God help her if she really feels that way.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can honestly see Fleetwood Mac doing another album, but I don't see them touring for another 7-8 years. I've learned not to hold my breath when it comes to what Stevie says. I mean hell, she has been saying she is going to release a book in a "few years" for the past 25 years! And in an interview earlier this year she said after she is done with whatever Fleetwood Mac is doing, she is going to make a new solo record because she feels she needs too. But the main reason I just don't see her dedicating the next 7-8 years solely to Fleetwood Mac is because she cannot stand Lindsey. In the 60 minutes interview they did a few months back, when asked about Lindsey she said, "Well he's not my best friend, and he never will be." So you can see he is already getting on her nerves like usual. I think if Fleetwood Mac decide to do a new album, she will tour for the record, but I think after that she will want to go back and do another solo record before working on another FM album. The last time Stevie did 2 FM albums with nothing solo in between was during Rumours and Tusk. And since Christine isn't around, I really don't see Stevie leaving her solo career alone so she can go spend the next 8 years dancing across the stages of the world with Fleetwood Mac. If anything, she will take a break from both her solo work and FM.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bingo. For all her talk of his undying love for her, his life and marriage seem perfectly stable, while her bitterness grows each year. How many times have we heard that it was always a competition between them? She needs something (or someone) to show us that as happy as he looks, she's still winning.
You're so like me
Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie does not like to be idle. So, she and FM may work together for 7-8 more years, but it won't be consistently. If there is any down time, you can bet that she will squeeze a solo tour in.

But as for her ever doing another solo album? Maybe not. I'm positive there will be more solo tours from her though. Michele
Old 10-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I honestly now really understand why Christine left. It's because you had to be drunk and all coked up to deal with these people. She probably sobered up and couldn't deal with them. They sound like morons in these interviews and I get annoyed just reading them. Imagine touring a whole year listening to these two...

We loved Say You Will, we hate Say You Will, I'm not touring ever again without Christine, I'll tour without Christine. We got along really well during SYW, all we did was fight during SYW. Sheryl Crow is joining the band, Sheryl Crow isn't joining the band. We have eight more years in us, I don't have enough time to eat a meal and I'm exhausted.
ROTFLMFAOPIMP!!!!

Quote:
Bottom line... WE NEED YOUR MONEY!!