The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a slide show from the concert on the Columbus Dispatch website. They are only using a few pictures. Why have the closing one of Brett's silhouette?

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...ood/index.html
Old 04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's a slide show from the concert on the Columbus Dispatch website. They are only using a few pictures. Why have the closing one of Brett's silhouette?

I see the leather boots...... I kind of like them but I can't see all of them so maybe not!! ha ha But from the pictures they look nice with her outfit from what you can see.....

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered

Quote:

You mean Neal?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
You mean Neal?
Yeah, Neale; you're right. For one thing, Brett is usually behind the keyboard and secondly I should never abscribe that neat hair to Brett!

Michele
Old 04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post
I see the leather boots...... I kind of like them but I can't see all of them so maybe not!! ha ha But from the pictures they look nice with her outfit from what you can see.....
Are the leather boots flat?
Old 04-19-2009, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
Are the leather boots flat?
You can't tell......... you can only see like from mid calf up...... I think someone else posted the flat leather boots in another thread--I'm thinking they are the same.... I would like to see a better picture if anyone got one......

Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, that's a wonderful picture. Actually from that angle, he almost looks like Bruce Willis and Stevie seems amused.

Glad you liked this show too.

Michele
Thanks Michele.

I somewhat see the Bruce Willis thing, but Lindsey is so much handsomer than that man I have to say. I do like BW somewhat, but uh...not that much.

I disagree that LB couldn't pull off eyeliner. I think he definitely did- when he was younger. Bono, imo, scares me to death in eyeliner. He's never been attractive to me, but now he just looks like someone you wouldn't want to be around in late hours.

I think Lindsey should totally do the suit thing, change up the color, and even work with the 5 o'clock shadow thing (just for a change). He basically has the face/physique to try any new look if he'd like. But no eyeliner, Linds. I just get scared to think how it would look if it didn't work out...

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Aah, the fun of the written word. I don't really want Lindsey to show up with cropped hair and eyeliner. At his age, no, I don't think he could pull it off. Mostly I wish he would gain some weight!
Old 04-19-2009, 04:25 PM
Ledgie

Default Columbus

So here's my review and I speak mostly as a musician and not as a fan...
I seriously think last night's show in Columbus, Ohio was the best sounding Mac show I've seen since I've began going during Say You Will. The whole band sounded on top of their game and regardless of what people may say or think, Stevie really does sound her best. She didn't look so hot last night, perhaps tired or possibly sick, but she rocked. There was a big difference in her performance compared to Say You Will as far as vocals and "liveliness" on stage.
Lindsay's the bomb and who else can play a guitar like that, pick-less even. Some of the classics where scaled-down a few keys to fit Lindsay's vocals, but it was still nothing horrid. Awesome... that's all I have to say. What a great show, and that's just my personal opinion. I trully beleive if you're a fan and care to support the band, then keep in mind of their life and just not what "you want to hear" or "how many wardrobe changes and twirls" you want.
For being in their 60's.. this show rocked. My grandma's 67 and I couldn't IMAGINE her up on that stage lol.
Go see this show if you haven't.. it's worth every penny.
Chris
Old 04-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
Stand Back

OMG- I'm thinking this is when Lindsey looked at me, smiled and said "What?". More details on that with my full concert review- but this is AMAZING!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up An Evening With Fleetwood Mac- My 3rd Row Columbus Concert Experience~

It is hard to find the right place to start on what was literally the best evening I have had in awhile. So I suppose the beginning wouldn't hurt.

My mom and I got to the arena a little after 7 and when we got to the door- there was a sign prohibiting cameras. However, my brilliant mother devised a plan, and we ended up getting the camera into the show.

We showed the staff our tickets and they all smiled, implying our proximity and view, and proceeded to walk us to our 3rd row seats. We followed the lady and she stopped literally RIGHT in front of Stevie's mic. I was just in shock and looked at my mom. I didn't know what to say other than "This is Totally Crazy".

I then made a few phone calls to loved ones proclaiming my joy. After awhile a lady walked up to me saying "My friend would like to say hi to you!". I begin to follow her when who do I see?

Our Very Own DAVID!!!

We proceed to talk for at least 20 minutes or so- and for those of you who have not met the guy, he is the nicest ever! Very kind things to say about everything! We then talked to a few other people and I'm thinking David ended up getting to sit in a section much closer to the stage than his original seats! (we'll have to wait and hear the final verdict on that from him).

So after we talk- I joined my mom back at our seats and the excitement was building- it really was too much. As we waited, there was some beautifully crafted acoustic guitar versions of Mac songs, so we had fun trying to identify them as they came over the monitors.

As the 8 o' clock hour arrived, lights were going off in the arena in stages, and every time a new set went off, the arena went crazy. At about 8:15 IT happened.

The lights went completely out.

I was too excited. I know you all know how I've been on a quest for some insanely amazing Mac tickets, and finally here I was. It was a dream come true.

First, Mic walks out- looking all ginormous and amazing. Next comes John, and the arena goes crazy. A couple seconds pass by and out comes Lindsey and Stevie- walking RIGHT in front of us. The first thought to my mind was "Oh my gosh, she is sooo tiny!!"

So they get to there places, and Lindsey begins counting off- quickly strumming a chord to check his levels. After five seconds they roll into Monday Morning and the entire stage becomes electric.

"Monday Morning you sure look fine,
Friday I've got traveling on my mind"......

Stevie then walks up to her mic
"First you love me,
Then you fade away!"

After those two lines I got soooo emotional- I really almost cried (my mom was crying however). For the first time, I was close enough to the band of my life where I was actually able to view the members as real people, if you all know what I mean.

The concert if rolling along, and I am singing along to every word, nailing the live versions of these songs. I was also dancing and waving my hands in the air, pointing at both Stevie and Lindsey, and looking deep into Stevie's eyes. There were times where she was looking at me- I am sure of it.

The next several songs were a serious of amazingness. The band sounded perfect, and Stevie was hitting notes that she hasn't hit in other audio I've heard from this tour (think Dreams).

Eventually Storms comes along and as usual I'm singing along to every word and waving my hands. The people in front of me had cleared a path, so I was the only person in the first three rows DIRECTLY in front of Stevie!!!

"And not all the prayers in the world..... could save us".

The last couple times Stevie sang this, I was waving my hands and pointing (not rudely) at her. With the last one, a magical moment happened!! Stevie turns her gaze and looks right at me, into my eyes and sings that last line right at me, and then kind of points slowly at me!!! I about died!!! I nudged my mom shortly after and told her about it!

The concert continued to roll along in amazing bliss, which leads us to magical moment number 2! During Stand Back I was just so enthralled in everything that was going on- I had been on cloud 9 for the ENTIRE show and I think something hit my core because I kind of laughed and smiled as I was watching Lindsey during the "need a little sympathies". As I laughed, he looks right at me, and sees me laughing which prompts him to kind of laugh/smile and mouth "What?". I then just kind of shook my head and continued being in bliss. I do believe this moment was captured in the Stand Back video in one of the other threads. He did that a couple times throughout the show to various people, but I'm thinking that the one caught on tape was my moment!!!

So, one can imagine my excitement as I had interactive moments with both Stevie and Lindsey! It was a night too good to be true!!!

As I've said, the band sounded great. There were a couple little flubs:

1. I think John missed a bass note on a song in the beginning
2. Mic missed the transition cowbell into the second verse of Gold Dust Woman
3. Stevie and Lindsey almost pulled a Nassau during Landslide

All of these things added to the amazingness to the show!

There were several times where I feel the band noticed me, which was beautiful- and the whole time I was dancing right along!

In summation, the show was perfect. IT was the best night of my life- or at least for quite some time. I got a chance to interact with both Stevie and Lindsey and it was amazing. I now have a MUUUUCHHH greater appreciation for Lindsey's amazing guitar playing- he is insane!!!!!

I hope this review enlightened you all, and I hope it made sense, as my mind is still racing a mile a minute from the sure bliss of it all!!!!

Much Love,
Ethan
Old 04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
It is hard to find the right place to start on what was literally the best evening I have had in awhile. So I suppose the beginning wouldn't hurt.
Fantastic review Ethan. It sounds like being up so close just gave a brand new dimension to your enjoyment of the show and the band. And for Stevie to actually make contact with you during Storms, of all songs, was especially amazing.

I remember your old review where you and your sister were standing on your seats towards the back. I guess your sister missed out this time.

Michele
Old 04-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yea Ethan! Glad you had a great time. Did you get your letter to Stevie? Did you take pictures?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Glad to see folks had fun in Columbus. I had thought about going, but I just felt like "been there, done that." I guess my tastes in music have changed a bit over the past few years. I just couldn't get excited, and I'd hate to go to a show out of sense of obligation.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Very cool Ethan! I've been waiting to hear how the show went for you Yes do tell--did you get the letter to Stevie?? Photos??