User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Stupid People

I went to the Hard Rock café in Boston yesterday and I wore my Fleetwood Mac shirt. I went to the store and to the counter where the pins are located. The clerk who was pretty old looks at my shirt and say to me ‘Fleetwood Mac are they still alive?” While I give him the look of death, this lady who was next to me points to the clerk and says, “Well, we’re still alive”.
He agrees and then she went on to tell some irrelevant story. Meantime some guy behind me tells the clerk that Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are doing a tour this summer. I just yelled ‘No they’re not! She is touring with Don Henley” Either they did not hear me or did not care but it just goes to show you how ignorant people can be and how all of these crazy rumours get started.

I did have a cool waitress who loved my shirt and was excited because she was going to see Stevie and Don in Mansfield on June 8th.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I went to the Hard Rock café in Boston yesterday and I wore my Fleetwood Mac shirt. I went to the store and to the counter where the pins are located. The clerk who was pretty old looks at my shirt and say to me ‘Fleetwood Mac are they still alive?” While I give him the look of death, this lady who was next to me points to the clerk and says, “Well, we’re still alive”.
He agrees and then she went on to tell some irrelevant story. Meantime some guy behind me tells the clerk that Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are doing a tour this summer. I just yelled ‘No they’re not! She is touring with Don Henley” Either they did not hear me or did not care but it just goes to show you how ignorant people can be and how all of these crazy rumours get started.

I did have a cool waitress who loved my shirt and was excited because she was going to see Stevie and Don in Mansfield on June 8th.

I hate crap like that

At least they didn't argue with you when you said Stevie and Don are touring - people always try to argue with me about stuff like that....and it's annoying - and I"m a born arguer - so I can never just let it go
Old 05-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I hate crap like that

At least they didn't argue with you when you said Stevie and Don are touring - people always try to argue with me about stuff like that....and it's annoying - and I"m a born arguer - so I can never just let it go
Actually, I think that the stupid loser didn't even hear me. Trust me I was pissed! It just amazes me how some people who know nothing have much to say and act like the authority on everything.

It's like the less that they know the more that they don't shut up!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I think that the stupid loser didn't even hear me. Trust me I was pissed! It just amazes me how some people who know nothing have much to say and act like the authority on everything.

It's like the less that they know the more that they don't shut up!

I remember once I was at some restaurant w/ my boyfriend's family - and Whenever I Call you Friend came on the radio...

I was like - yea! Stevie Nicks

And my ex's aunt was like, "This is not Stevie Nicks"

And I, of course, was like, "Yeah actually it is - it's Stevie Nicks and Kenny Loggins"

She WOULD NOT believe me and I was getting so frustrated....

I finally did drop it and toward the very end of the song she was like, "Well I guess that could be Stevie Nicks"
Old 05-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Whatta waste. Those who work in a rock-n-roll place should know a little about rock-n-roll.

Glad you had a waitress that was a fan. That makes up for the othes.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It just amazes me how some people who know nothing have much to say and act like the authority on everything.
Have you ever sat next to a casual fan at a concert? They act like they know everything about Fleetwood Mac, that annoys me. I don't like to argue so I just say, "Oh, that's nice." when they tell me that they can't wait to hear "Christine sing Just Like the Right Wing", or something crazy.

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-30-2005, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
Have you ever sat next to a casual fan at a concert? They act like they know everything about Fleetwood Mac, that annoys me. I don't like to argue so I just say, "Oh, that's nice." when they tell me that they can't wait to hear "Christine sing Just Like the Right Wing", or something crazy.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes what really annoys me is that those people have the best seats or get free tickets.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes what really annoys me is that those people have the best seats or get free tickets.
It's especially like that in Vegas. The high rollers are unbearable.

I had some old broads trying to convince me that Stevie's guitarist was going to be Joe Walsh. WTH? I didn't even bother getting into it with them.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That's so annoying who that person asked if they were "still alive."
Old 05-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath
It's especially like that in Vegas. The high rollers are unbearable.

I had some old broads trying to convince me that Stevie's guitarist was going to be Joe Walsh. WTH? I didn't even bother getting into it with them.
Yeah, I think that there were a few people in Vegas who were wondering when 'HE" meaning Stevie Nicks was going to show up.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

People aren't necessarily stupid; they're just trying to find a little bit of light in this dark, dark world.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-30-2005, 08:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Just remember that 99.9+% of the population really could care less about getting the specific details about Fleetwood Mac correct and will never understand militant FM freaks like us.

Totally agree that people shouldn't act like know-it-alls, especially when they clearly don't know-it-all or even know-barely-anything.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo
Just remember that 99.9+% of the population really could care less about getting the specific details about Fleetwood Mac correct and will never understand militant FM freaks like us.

Good point, though I have to remind myself of that constantly! It's not possible for everyone to have such wonderful taste!

But, "are they still alive?" I usually try to avoid an argument, but for someone that stupid, I'd make an exception!
Old 05-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaymornin1
Good point, though I have to remind myself of that constantly! It's not possible for everyone to have such wonderful taste!

But, "are they still alive?" I usually try to avoid an argument, but for someone that stupid, I'd make an exception!
Fleetwood Mac are quite the lucky exception in the alive department. Think of all the **** the people who have been in this band have been through, and all sixteen of them are still alive.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Fleetwood Mac are quite the lucky exception in the alive department. Think of all the **** the people who have been in this band have been through, and all sixteen of them are still alive.

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't want to type it because I was afraid I was jinx it.