User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I didn't meant it that way. I meant, the dumba$$es who get front row or up front and they don't give two shiz's about FM. They are the people who leave during Come to go get a beer and a hot dog. People like you need to be up front, not stuck in the nosebleeds with people who'd rather be getting a root canal apparently, than seeing FM.

I agree with you! There were a couple in London on the Saturday (front row in front of Stevie) who bellied ached if anyone dared to stand in front of them and then sat there for most of the show with their arms folded (apart from the occasional kick or shove in the back directed at us.

Pip
Old 01-24-2005, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for those beautiful pictures
Old 01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I agree with you! There were a couple in London on the Saturday (front row in front of Stevie) who bellied ached if anyone dared to stand in front of them and then sat there for most of the show with their arms folded (apart from the occasional kick or shove in the back directed at us.

Pip
Yeah, that happened at a few shows that I went to. I had front row and I stood in the place that I wanted to be at the stage and people that had 'seats' right in front of that spot were complaining. I think this happened in Mansfield, MA and we had to stand in front of our seats and could not even go up to the stage.
Luckily my seat was right in between Stevie and Lindsey so it was good. But those people really tick me off. Half of them can't name 2 Fleetwood Mac songs or the band members.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunmaiden
I am also awaiting the day that Pink Floyd gets back together (yeah right) and I have vowed to pay ANYTHING for those tickets!
I think it's highly likely David Gilmour will be touring at least the UK in the next 12-18 months..

When Seteca and I spoke to Nick Mason in October he seemed pretty sure they wouldn't be touring in the near future as a band. He hasn't ruled it out but really it's up to Gilmour as to what happens next.

My personal feelings are mixed. None of them need the money, unlike Fleetwood Mac, but maybe the hunger for one last tour would be too much..
It would need to be a huge show, bigger than the 1994 tour. Possibly it would just be one or two venues like Earls Court but for maybe 10 or more nights.. A bit like Clapton does at the Albert Hall. However, I personally think The Division Bell was the last studio album you will see from them. I don't think they can or will follow that one..

Tickets for a Floyd tour would be sold out in minutes. Plus I would think they would be sold for thousands by scalpers... People would pay it too.. Better get saving now.. You'll probably need a ticket across the Atlantic too I suspect..

Old 01-24-2005, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I think it's highly likely David Gilmour will be touring at least the UK in the next 12-18 months..

When Seteca and I spoke to Nick Mason in October he seemed pretty sure they wouldn't be touring in the near future as a band. He hasn't ruled it out but really it's up to Gilmour as to what happens next.

My personal feelings are mixed. None of them need the money, unlike Fleetwood Mac, but maybe the hunger for one last tour would be too much..
It would need to be a huge show, bigger than the 1994 tour. Possibly it would just be one or two venues like Earls Court but for maybe 10 or more nights.. A bit like Clapton does at the Albert Hall. However, I personally think The Division Bell was the last studio album you will see from them. I don't think they can or will follow that one..

Tickets for a Floyd tour would be sold out in minutes. Plus I would think they would be sold for thousands by scalpers... People would pay it too.. Better get saving now.. You'll probably need a ticket across the Atlantic too I suspect..

I saw them in 1988 during the "A momentary Lapse Of Reason Tour", it was one of the best concerts ever. I even managed to get Nick Mason's autograph on the setlist and shook David Gilmour's hand. It was an unforgettable night

Romy

Non vogliate negar l'esperienza
di retro al sol, del mondo sanza gente
Considerate la vostra semenza
fatti non foste a viver come bruti
ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza ~ Dante Alighieri, Divina Commedia, Inferno Canto XXVI
Old 01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wink Any friends in the UK?

<<<>>>>>>

Haha! I just hate only being able to afford lawn, although it is nice to be able to spread out. But the only reason I can't afford front row, is because I spend A LOT of money on concerts in any one given year.

OMG- you guys are so lucky to have seen Pink Floyd. And David Gillmour, I saw Roger Waters in '99 (I think) In The Flesh tour. It was one of THE BEST shows I have ever seen in my entire life, and I've seen a lot of bands. Although I had a few things to really induce the experience...

I guess they probably will only play in the UK if they ever get back together. That sucks! I guess I should start saving my money now. I'd have to go alone, though. None of my friends see the point in saving money for such trips, and they just say, "Oh I can't afford it". Whatever! Suck it up and save a little instead of going to the bar every other night.
And I should start making friends there, too...
You’ll just have to blow your way through this disguise"
Old 01-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Yes, that's what I did for just about every show. I even went the fan club route for Mansfield and I got front row.

I agree 100% Christy. The die-hard fans should be up front. I just wish that there was a way that we did not have to go through a ton of $ just to be there.
Yeah, the die-hard fans belong at Lindsey and Stevie's feet, no doubt about it. I was one of the lucky ones who ended up there a couple of times, and I finally paid off that credit card just before Christmas, thank God. That's why, though I'd love, love, love for them to do it again, I need time to SAVE MONEY!!! After being so close, I don't think I'd EVER be satisfied sitting further back. So....Encore tickets, I'll be calling ya again someday, I suppose. Seems like that's what other Ledgies did, and that's nice to know.

BTW, Pattie, awesome pics. Thanks so much for sharing them. I wanna sit right next to YOU on the next tour.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondaymornin1
Yeah, the die-hard fans belong at Lindsey and Stevie's feet, no doubt about it. I was one of the lucky ones who ended up there a couple of times, and I finally paid off that credit card just before Christmas, thank God. That's why, though I'd love, love, love for them to do it again, I need time to SAVE MONEY!!! After being so close, I don't think I'd EVER be satisfied sitting further back. So....Encore tickets, I'll be calling ya again someday, I suppose. Seems like that's what other Ledgies did, and that's nice to know.

BTW, Pattie, awesome pics. Thanks so much for sharing them. I wanna sit right next to YOU on the next tour.

When they first toured in 2003 I went and bought 'the best available" tickets that came up the day that they went on sale. Then anywhere from 10 days to the day of the show tickets in the first 10 rows or better started to show up. Of course I bought the better tickets and tried to sell the other ticket in which most cases I did not and had to eat it.
When they came back in 2004 I was already spoiled and I swore that I would never sit farther then the 5th row if that. I had to be in the front row for a few of the shows (like my birthday) so I resorted to getting a ticket from a scalper. At least I had the peace of mind of knowing that I would be in the front. I also did the "Save the Music" auction on Ebay.
It seems like the Clear Channel sponsored shows never really had any kind of great seat release before the shows. I know that they did at a few shows but it seemed to be the exception.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Imo

I'd rather be front row for a few shows than be way, way far back for 20+ shows.

I think FM needs to do a Ledgies only show.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think FM needs to do a Ledgies only show.
Yeah Christy!!.what a great idea do ya think they might be able to fly us over in their hire plane as well???
Old 01-25-2005, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunmaiden
<<<>>>>>>

Haha! I just hate only being able to afford lawn, although it is nice to be able to spread out. But the only reason I can't afford front row, is because I spend A LOT of money on concerts in any one given year.

OMG- you guys are so lucky to have seen Pink Floyd. And David Gillmour, I saw Roger Waters in '99 (I think) In The Flesh tour. It was one of THE BEST shows I have ever seen in my entire life, and I've seen a lot of bands. Although I had a few things to really induce the experience...

I guess they probably will only play in the UK if they ever get back together. That sucks! I guess I should start saving my money now. I'd have to go alone, though. None of my friends see the point in saving money for such trips, and they just say, "Oh I can't afford it". Whatever! Suck it up and save a little instead of going to the bar every other night.
And I should start making friends there, too...
Old 01-25-2005, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd rather be front row for a few shows than be way, way far back for 20+ shows.

I totally agree. Once you've tasted that front row nothing else will ever be any good!

Pip
Old 01-25-2005, 09:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb

Did someone say that sometimes everybody gets to the front anyway? I think it's probably certain venues that allow that. Then I wouldn't mind like 10th row! You guys have made it clear to me- I MUST HAVE FRONT ROW!
You’ll just have to blow your way through this disguise"
Old 01-25-2005, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lol

Well, first 5 rows are excellent. I had 5th row for Keith Urban back in October, and they let the first 5 come up to the front. I had a GREAT view and I'm only 5' 1".
Old 01-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieNicksEO17
How does everyone get front row so much???
Well, I saw two concerts in Germany, and getting front row wasn't all that hard really. Everybody had the same kind of tickets so the only way to get a good position was to stand in line. We arrived 5 hours earlier in Frankfurt and were the first to arrive and got front row. In Berlin we arrived 2 hours prior to the concert, still got front row (although call me crazy but I chose second row on Stevie's side over front row on Lindsey's...). Only paid about 50 euros each... So what can I say, go see them in Germany when you can

Love the photos by the way, Pattie! Wish I could put mine up soon....
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News