Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2004, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My Final Fleetwood Mac Adventure (The End)

Ok I forgot to add that while I was walking around the Borgata I had a few celebrity sightings. At least I think that I did. The first was Lance Bass but I am not sure about that one. Alex did not see him. The next was John Mayer. Alex and I debated whether it was him or not. If it was this will be the 3rd time that I have run in to him. I do not like him at all and I have seen him in my travels in Boston, New York City and now AC. Alex wanted me to say something to him but I refused.

Ok on Sunday I get up and meet Alex. We find an IHOP!! YEA!! We do more errands and head for Philadelphia. We get stuck in a ton of traffic on the bridge. I was getting nervous. We finally make in to Phily and I go check into my hotel. While I was there I ran into a few other fans. We happened to see Stevie leaving for the venue. She had on no make-up and just waived to us really quickly. She is really tiny. She had on a black flowing very SN type top, black tights and sneakers that were not the black Reeboks. I think someone managed to sneak a photo of Ms. Nicks, too. It was not I, however. We waited but for some reason did not see Mick or Lindsey leave. A few fans were not too happy about that.
Alex and I then head out to the arena. We see even more fans there and say hello. We then get in the line to be let into the venue. I get in first and Alex tells me to run so I did. However I had no idea where I was running to so I ended up in section 200.not the 100s. I finally find the area to get down to there and I see someone in front of Lindsey’s mic already. It was Alex. He was familiar with the venue layout so he got there first. I almost have heart attack trying to get there.

We wait and see the usually front row fans back for the final shows. It was kind of like a reunion of sorts. The first 5 rows were let up to the stage. Security was ok for the most part. They just would not let us put stuff on the ledge of the stage. I did have my stuff on there at first and I had my Altoids tin out. A funny story here because a fellow fan asked if they could have a mint. LOL They then realized that ‘those aren’t mints in there” Ok finally I hear the crickets and I think that I yell “CRICKETS” like a fool. I then see the Mac take the stage. I was kind of sad in a way knowing that this would be the last time that I see them for a while.

I remember hearing a few notes that were off a bit but nothing too bad. It was a very emotional show for the band and the fans. I again took a bunch of photos. I went through a 256MB and a 128MB card. Not all of them came out however. Nothing was that different at this show. Silver Springs was still dropped from the set list. Alex was trying to be Lindsey’s “Come Girl”. I had my camera ready to capture the big moment. When LB started to sing Come I pointed at Alex and LB just looked confused and laughed. I however got the honor and I took some photos. I don’t know how I managed to get some OK ones because I was shaking like a leaf. I said, “I’m sorry” to Alex about 10 times. “Say Goodbye” seemed emotional again like at AC. Lindsey did the ‘guitarbation” moves during the Stand Back intro. The whole concert was almost surreal for me. I did not want the tour to end. Lindsey was very emotional and gave a special thank you to all of us familiar faces in the front rows. At the end of the show Lindsey was not signing autographs but was shaking hands. He touched mine but he also blew me a kiss and mouthed my name “PATTIE”. I almost died! After that another fan wanted a photo with Lindsey however I was unaware of this at the time. I was going to capture whatever moment the fan and Lindsey were going to share. I had my camera rolling and the 2 of them and myself just looked at each other wondering what was going on. I did not have the flash on and I was in the continuous capture mode so they did not know I was capturing a sequence. It was funny. The fan thanked me and that was it. What an ending to a great night. Yet it was not over.

Ok we head back for the hotel and see a bunch of other fans and chat for a bit. Someone was near the main entrance and I chatted with them a bit. Well, guess who walks in the door? Lindsey. I was so embarrassed. He says “Hi” to us and comes over to me and asks,” how did that photo come out”? I tell him that it was OK. He must think that I am a dingbat or something. He tells us that this show was special because he knew that all of us diehard fans were going to be there.
I then get up the nerve to ask about his Soundstage special. Well, he says that it will air in season 3 which he said was in April. He also said that it has not even been edited yet. The reason for the delay was so it would coincide with a solo album and I believe he mentioned a solo tour too.

Then Lindsey was nice enough to pose for photos with a few fans. I was there with my camera snapping away. I am a bit anal with the camera and I think that I might have even been a tad pushy and bossy. Oh well I did get some good photos. I edited the fans out to keep them anonymous. Here is the link. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=16172

While we were all chatting with Mr. B. Ms. Nicks sneaks in to the hotel. Alex saw her but I never did. She was gone in a flash. I never expected her to stop anyway. That was it and we said goodnight to Lindsey. We were all on cloud nine after that one. The next day I spent about 3 hours in a CVS getting prints and CDs made. Later that night I saw Taku and Brett at the bar and just told them thank you and good luck and that I would not be going on to Detroit. I had to check out on Tuesday and I just could not wait down in the lobby area. I waited on the couch on my floor for my ride who never showed up because he fell asleep. I did see Ray in my travels that day but I did not say anything to him. Had I known that he was leaving I would have wished him good luck but it was not meant to be.

I never got to see Alex before I left either. I am sure that I will get to see him on the next tour.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
We waited but for some reason did not see Mick or Lindsey leave. A few fans were not too happy about that.
LOL!! Not happy doesn't describe it. More like devastated.... heartbroken.... in denial.... on the verge of a psychotic fit.... uh... yeah. But it was all worth it in the end.

Great review Pattie!

Last edited by LindseysCowgirl; 02-07-2007 at 01:08 PM..
Old 09-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Great review, Pattie

And don't worry--you weren't the least bit pushy about your camera.
We were all on cloud 9 and I think Lindsey loved it.
I still don't see how Stevie could possibly have entered that hotel when we were with Lindsey. It's not like she sneaks in by herself. She has like 10 people with her;-)
We did have a pretty fun distraction, though.
Thanks for bringing back the great memories.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina
I still don't see how Stevie could possibly have entered that hotel when we were with Lindsey. It's not like she sneaks in by herself. She has like 10 people with her;-)
We did have a pretty fun distraction, though.
Thanks for bringing back the great memories.
I did not see her but Alex did. I remember seeing SN's manager and her dog but I did not see SN. Of course I was too busy focused on LB anyway. When we were looking at the pictures on my camera I remember that dog coming up to me to say 'hello" LOL but that is it. I don't remember seeing SN at all.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Ah, well...

I never would have believed it possible but I think the lure of Lindsey distracted us too much;-) I must have been in my post-Lindsey-encounter walking-coma. For me not to notice Stevie AND her dogs? Wow.

SUCH a fun night. I hope we get to do it again soon (as soon as my credit cards stop burning;-)
Old 09-26-2004, 09:26 PM
Ledgie

Yes, lots of fun. Still can't believe that really happened ... it was worth the wait, that Lindsey didn't leave when we thought he would.

My credit cards weep with rumors of a solo tour.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As always, great review Pattie! I am so glad you had a blast......solo tour concert buddy

~Alex

Old 09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdarkwing
As always, great review Pattie! I am so glad you had a blast......solo tour concert buddy

~Alex
Hey, it's my OTHER concert buddy ALEX! Would you believe that I got a frequent flyer ticket in the mail yesterday I just need a concert to go to now! Hopefully this spring Alex.