Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default My Final Fleetwood Mac Adventure (Part 1)

This one is going to have to be in installments. I am so tired and drained. I am trying to post my pics on Photobucket but I can only do that during certain times and I seem to always miss the right time. My life story.

Ok here we go:

My final (remember nothing is ever final) Fleetwood Mac journey started out on Thursday Sept 9th 2004. I left TF Green airport in Providence (Warwick) RI for a flight to Philadelphia. My fight left at 6:50 AM Yikes! I got in and waited for my friend Alex (Amoscascott) to pick me up. We were in for a caper for sure.
Alex called to tell me that he was stuck in Phily traffic. He was almost 2 hours late. He finally arrived and we headed south to our nations capital Washington DC. Why DC you ask? Well, Alex had found out that Fleetwood Mac was playing there on Thursday night. We were not sure where but we were going to try find out
On the way down there we stopped in a WAWA and a Dunkin Donuts ( I stopped in a bunch of DD throughout my trip) in Delaware. I did not like this WAWA and I am not sure but when you ask for a coffee "regular" it does not mean 'black". The clerk in DD was clueless.
We finally get to DC and get lost. OK we call the hotel clerk to find our hotel and after all that they would not let us even check in or park because it was too early. Nasty.
We then decided to go to the hotel that we thought that the Mac might be staying. Bingo. I used the ladies room and as soon as I came out John came out of the elevator. We then walked around outside a bit and Alex looks in the restaurant and sees Mick sitting there right near the window with a few other people. We hang around in the lobby a bit and Alex sure enough spots Lindsey. He was in the lobby and he had some kind of paper in his hand and he looked confused and I think that he might have been talking to himself. He had on that awful white V neck T-shirt. OK I guess that he did what he needed to do and then walked over to our way. Alex says' hey' and LB says "hey' back. Lindsey then looks at me and says 'hey". He then did the Tusk clawing thing at me and smiled. I think that he was trying to get me to smile too. I guess he must think that I am a sour puss but I really just don't want to bother him.
Alex had a discussion about 'come girl' with LB but I will let Alex tell that story. The conversation embarrassed me, which Lindsey found very amusing.
OK LB then goes to get ready so we tell him bye and we will see him in AC and Camden.
Alex and I then go wait across the street when we see the limos pull up for the members to come out. First we see John, then Mick, then Stevie. She just wisked right in and off she went. It all happened so fast. Then finally Lindsey who had changed into a nice blue/gray dress shirt came out and into the limo.
Alex and I find out that it was a corporate show so it was not available to the fans. We then had dinner at a Potbelly, which was OK. Just sandwiches nothing too exciting. We walk around DC a bit and both agree that it seemed pretty nice at least in that area.
Alex and I then go back to the hotel and we see a few members coming in from the show. We see Lindsey again and he says ‘hey dudes”. We ask about the show and he tells us that it went OK for one of these times of shows. He then tells us that it was for Lexus dealers. Alex had a really funny picture of LB that he showed to him. Tony Dimitriades was standing next to Lindsey and even he laughed. Lindsey signed it for Alex but I will let him tell that story. We said goodnight to LB and he said something to me about being quiet. I think that is what he said.
I decided to get a drink at the bar. Alex was still near the door. Well, guess who I miss coming in the door? Ms. Nicks of course. Alex will have to tell about that experience.
We then call it a night and go rest up for our trip to Atlantic City in the morning.

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 09-20-2004 at 06:24 PM..
Old 09-16-2004, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exciting stuff Pattie! Can't wait to hear what Alex has to share too!

Pip
Old 09-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pattie, you always have good stories! I can't wait to hear more.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am SOOOOO glad y'all had a great time!!!

I looked for you in Detroit, but you were not there!!!! Then someone said you already did your last show, etc.!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!
You people and your "meeting the band" stories are torturing me!!!! However, i'm soooo happy for you. But why were you so closemouthed with Lindsey???
Can't wait for the next installment..... Does Lindsey move you into his house in that one? Does John ask you out? Perhaps Stevie comes to your hotel room for tea and chat? Then tells you all the real secrets You know i'm kidding....
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

VERY cool story, Pattie! Can't wait to hear the rest!

Carol
Old 09-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Pattie!! That is fantastic!! I'm dying to hear the rest....

a bell is not a bell until you ring it.
a song is not a song until you sing it.
love wasn't put in your heart to stay.
love isn't love until you give it away.

when life hands you lemons, stick them down your bra and make your boobs bigger