The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2015, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thats great they are going down there.Go to many shows that you can afford.

I wonder if they will alter the setlist by then.I doubt it.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-25-2015, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubtfulMiracle View Post
I'll be there for Brisbane, and keeping my fingers crossed for a second show.

And I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that I had front row meet and greet tickets for the cancelled shows that were less than half the outrageous price they're charging this year
these prices are utterly disgusting
i didn't have front row
but i had decent floor seats to the 2013 shows
mick needs to cancel his M&Gs and all the tickets need to be put in the pool for all the same prices like they're SUPPOSED to be
Old 03-25-2015, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
these prices are utterly disgusting
i didn't have front row
but i had decent floor seats to the 2013 shows
mick needs to cancel his M&Gs and all the tickets need to be put in the pool for all the same prices like they're SUPPOSED to be
I know WTH, these prices are crazy!!! i had booked a great seat last time as well, not sure if i can afford to go all out this time around..

who do you guys buy your tickets through? Live nations, Viagogo or Preferred seating? do they vary much in cost? Most importantly can you choose your seat when purchasing?

Thanks in advance
Di
Old 03-26-2015, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
I know WTH, these prices are crazy!!! i had booked a great seat last time as well, not sure if i can afford to go all out this time around..

who do you guys buy your tickets through? Live nations, Viagogo or Preferred seating? do they vary much in cost? Most importantly can you choose your seat when purchasing?

Thanks in advance
Di
I will get my tickets through LiveNation/Ticketek. Unfortunately you can't choose your seat or section, just your price range (at least, this is how it's always been before and I don't hold any hope of them changing it now).

I did use Preferred Seating for the 2009 tour, which allowed me to pay a premium for guaranteed first row. But I think when I looked for the last tour, Preferred Seating's prices were no cheaper than any of the others, and I can't even see Fleetwood Mac tickets mentioned on Preferred Seating at the moment.

I've never used Viagogo before, but just had a look and they might be a good back up option -- would be better if you could select your section for all tickets though.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well in a moment of weakness, i bought a meet and greet package, 2 row Christine's side. I also landed side of stage Lindsey side where i haven't sat before, so that should be interesting also, now just hoping for a 3rd or 4th Sydney show.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I just cannot justify paying the exorbitant price for Mick's M&G this time around. It's been hiked far too much. I did buy my Mum two tickets - one on the floor up the back, and one in the first higher section on Lindsey's side. Will wait for the general sale to try and get mine at this stage, I think.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-30-2015, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

there was crap in the presale if you ask me.
i will not pay Mick's stupid prices.
i am now waiting for Wednesday with zero expectations
Old 03-30-2015, 03:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Good luck everybody... It was a nightmare trying to get tickets today for the first Sydney show. I had 2nd row centre stage for 2013, but I wasn't willing to pay another $700 odd for that again. So this time I ended up getting a Gold seat ticket for $200. Row A third elevation, nearest section on Lindsey's side. Kind of disappointed, but at least I'm going to be there for the first Aussie show.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, something pretty incredible happened today. I logged in at 12 on the dot and got floor tickets in Row 17, which I was content with. (Of course, I could've paid an extra $100 to get a tour program and special laminate AND sit off to the side all the way at the back, but that didn't seem like a good purchase to me.) And in less than 2 minutes, only single seats were showing as left.

Lo and behold, 35 minutes later while trying to get two tickets in the lower tier for my parents who only like to sit on the side, guess what this girl pulls up? 2 x second row tickets, Christine's side, normal platinum price. You can bet I checked that row number over and over and over again, but it was true! So, there you have it -- never give up on a miracle.

It does highlight to me though that the ticket selling process is a complete and utter sham. Whatever happened to first in, best dressed? There is no way that the tickets I get 35 minutes after the on sale time should be infinitely better than the ones offered to me mere seconds after logging on. The whole process is designed to make people panic buy tickets that definitely are not the 'best available', which just isn't right.

But, I would definitely suggest that you don't give up!

(And if anyone knows anyone looking for Brisbane tickets, I have some very adequate ones in Row 17 that need a new home )
Old 03-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lo and behold, 35 minutes later while trying to get two tickets in the lower tier for my parents who only like to sit on the side, guess what this girl pulls up? 2 x second row tickets, Christine's side, normal platinum price. You can bet I checked that row number over and over and over again, but it was true! So, there you have it -- never give up on a miracle.
My goodness. That's wonderful. Congratulations. Michele
Old 03-31-2015, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Music.com Australia, March 31, 2015

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2015...w-to-aus-tour/

Another show has been added to Fleetwood Mac's forthcoming headline tour of the country.

The legendary pop-rock outfit will now perform at the Hope Estate Winery in the NSW Hunter Valley for second night on Sunday, 15 Nov. The first announced show at the venue is taking place the night prior.

Tickets to the new show are available from 10am tomorrow (Wednesday, 1 Apr) so be sure to check out theGuide and The Music App for all the info.

Fleetwood Mac announced the Oct/Nov tour earlier this month. It will be the first time Christine McVie will tour with the four other members in 16 years.
Old 03-31-2015, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am in the process of buying tickets for their 2nd show in Brisbane... Im so confused, i want to be as close to the front as possible (Platinum ticket) do i go by the Row AL or section D? for better seats..

DoubtfulMiracle i need your help, Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Row AL is about 12 from the front (front row is aa). Section D is on Christine's side. They're not bad!
Old 03-31-2015, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Row AL is about 12 from the front (front row is aa). Section D is on Christine's side. They're not bad!
Thanks so much for your reply, great help Thanks again
Old 03-31-2015, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Thanks so much for your reply, great help Thanks again
When you see FM slowly driving by, just hop on the bus Gus. You don't need to discuss much. Just tell Stevie you need 2 tickets for the show. Don't be shy this time.