User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
True. But the way she worded it seemed like it's wasn't a question of if but when Stevie will start. Now it almost sounds like they've had dialogue about it (which is also comforting). It was a very frank, upfront statement about their ideas for the recording schedule, so maybe the gears are moving a lot more than we realize!
Right! she didn't make Stevie's participation sound questionable or uncertain. I think if she wasn't sure about what Stevie was planning on doing she would have chosen her words differently...or maybe Stevie hasn't made up her mind yet and Chris was just speaking in very general terms. But I sure hope that's not the case.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm excited.
Anyway '...we've done seven songs'... I wonder whether the previous Lindsey/Mick/John material will also be factored in.
it was 8 songs 6 months ago, they are regressing.

no, this is on top of Lindsey/Mick/John 2012 material. Lindsey has way too many songs recorded already for them to all fit on FM album. guess he should put out solo album in parallel with the Mac one in 2016 - they can do cross-promotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauls90 View Post
True. But the way she worded it seemed like it's wasn't a question of if but when Stevie will start. Now it almost sounds like they've had dialogue about it (which is also comforting). It was a very frank, upfront statement about their ideas for the recording schedule, so maybe the gears are moving a lot more than we realize!
the way she worded it sounds as - Stevie needs to add her songs, we'll start on that before AUS, and finish it all up in Feb 2016. in the past they made it sound like everything but the SN parts is finished on those 8 CM/LB's songs. there's no reason for them to go into studio and work on finishing anything if SN is not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Right! she didn't make Stevie's participation sound questionable or uncertain. I think if she wasn't sure about what Stevie was planning on doing she would have chosen her words differently...or maybe Stevie hasn't made up her mind yet and Chris was just speaking in very general terms. But I sure hope that's not the case.
i hope you are right.

Lindsey has a lecture / Q&A in LA at the end of the month. hopefully people ask him about the album and plans - as they do Mick at every m&g. would be very curious to hear what Lindsey says in that kind of semi-public setting.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of all the interviews given by various band members, thus one has made me feel the best about the new material. Even if the seven songs aren't as finished as we originally thought, Christine's enthusiasm about them, and the timeline she offers here are encouraging. Studio work before going to Australia is a great idea and should be good for them as musicians.

Will Stevie be there? I don't even care that much if she is or isn't at this point. The momentum between Christine and Lindsey is pretty exciting--and hardly surprising. Their mutual respect and rapport is a given.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 PM
Junior Ledgie

While I love Stevie with all my heart and adore her music, the good and the bad, I would be very interested to hear new music from Fleetwood Mac if it would just be Lindsey and Christine and the songs they worked on. It would be exciting to hear what they come up with and what direction they would go in.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I swear, I thought it was a chiffon head dressed as Stevie!! lolol.. I looked for a caption...
Random thoughts:

That is a rather disturbing photo of Stevie.

It's a laughable notion to consider performing Rumours in it's entirety. They have milked that album to death. With the exception of I Don't Want to Know, the rest of those songs have been the bedrock of their shows since 1977. Performing it in sequence holds no intrigue whatsoever. How more redundant can one get? But as one astute Ledgie noted, performing the Tusk album would be a worthy event.

One of my favorite album by Elton John (circa 1975) is Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (a song biography about him and his lyricist Bernie Taupin). A bonus CD featured a show with him performing the entire album when it was just released. Here is how he began the show: "We've got a new album out. I'm sorry it's 3.25 pounds, but I'll tell you about that later. We're going to do the whole album. It usually bores people to tears to play things people don't know, but we're going to take that chance." For fans, this is a rare treasure.

He did perform a several hit songs at the end of the show. But this was just a one-off show. The subsequent tour was more balanced with more familiar songs. But it's great to have a document of "once in a lifetime" live performances of all the songs. Only one song from that album survived to be performed in future shows.

I'd like to see Fleetwood Mac doing something sort of like that when they have retired from recording and doing large scale tours...to have them just pop up now and then and do something interesting on a small scale, like mining songs overlooked and less traveled; songs that can be reinvented in live performance.

Do we know of any professional film/recordings of their current tour? Are there plans for it? Perhaps that will happen at the end of their tour. Though it would be redundant to have yet another mutation of the all their road-weary songs, it would be nice to have a professionally recorded/film release of a show from this historic tour. At least it would a nice placeholder while we wait for the new album.

It is reassuring to hear Lindsey, Mick and Christine talk in terms that make it seem like it's an inevitability Stevie will finish the new album with them. I hope she feels that it's the right thing to do. She has committed a year of her life to be on the road with them; a month or so of studio time is not a lot to ask for.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-10-2015 at 01:48 AM..
Old 04-10-2015, 03:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't even care about Stevie's songs for this next album. What Lindsey and Christine created on Tango was magic and I can tell that they are both extremely excited about the songs they just recorded together.

I just wish that Stevie would throw in some songs so we can get an album and hear what Lindsey and Christine created. Plus, I want to hear the Christine/Stevie harmonies again.