The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie and Lindsey working on a song together ?!?!

This is from the new Entertainment Weekly (I'm just posting the part about Steve and Lindsey)..Oh and Ryan Murphy says he's Obsessed with Stevie Nicks too..

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: I love that Misty is a big Stevie Nicks groupie.

RYAN MURPHY: She is obsessed with Stevie Nicks because I am obsessed with Stevie Nicks.

You actually asked Stevie to use her music on the show, right?

Yeah, the whole thing started with the fact that when I was growing up, I was always obsessed with those Stevie Nicks songs like “Riannon” and “Gypsy.” And I remember reading an article where Courtney Love called Stevie Nicks the “white witch” and Grace Slick the “dark witch.” And I have a good relationship with Stevie because of Glee. She is one of the few artists that have come to hang out. She had been writing Lea [Michele] and I regularly since the Cory [Monteith] situation, because she really loved Cory [who passed away in July]. So she’s just a wonderful, wonderful person.

When we got to this witch idea, I thought, if you’re Misty and you have grown up alone and you don’t know any other witches, there’s one witch you probably would know and that’s Stevie Nicks. So I called Stevie Nicks and first I said, “I want to use you in the show.” But she was very resistant because from the beginning of her career people who are in the Wiccan community had given her a hard time thinking she was a witch and she got a lot of scary fan letters. She didn’t like the darkness of that, and I explained to her the part and she’s like, “Aw f—, let’s just do it. OK, I love it.” She’s not a witch, but she has an attraction to those mystical creatures because they’re fun to write about. So she gave me the rights to her music and she and Lindsay Buckingham are working on a special sort of redo of a song they did about a witch.

SPOILER ALERT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE EPISODE 3 OF AMERICAN HORROR STORY: COVEN, YOU MAY NOT WANT TO READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE)
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/17/am...phy-boy-parts/

I wonder if they are working on a redo of Rhiannon or a different song?
Old 10-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Fantastic news! I think it if were Rhiannon they'd have said so. I'd like to believe it's a previously unreleased song... perhaps Melacine (although honestly that's not her best work). What would really be mind-blowing is if it were something that hasn't even been circulated in demo form!

Old 10-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Fantastic news! I think it if were Rhiannon they'd have said so. I'd like to believe it's a previously unreleased song... perhaps Melacine (although honestly that's not her best work). What would really be mind-blowing is if it were something that hasn't even been circulated in demo form!
Totally agree!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am going to choose to believe it's "Melacine" until told otherwise.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I am going to choose to believe it's "Melacine" until told otherwise.
Agreed, seeing how Misty, (the character who is obsessed with Stevie/Fleetwood Mac) was burned as a witch during the first episode, and there is also an upcoming episode titled: "Burn, Witch, Burn!" Like Melacine, Misty also lives alone by the water, but isn't lonely!
Old 10-22-2013, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I believe it could be Melacine...

But something makes me think it's Cecelia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMM-_X4pVT0
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case