The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know, unfortunately I've heard way too many. But this time around she was trying to finish the story and just completely drew a blank, stood there stuttering a bit. But if she did *exactly* the same in Amsterdam, it's lame. I'll try to see if can find a video of that for comparison.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post

Also I noticed that a whole bunch of people hardly new a lot of songs. I was asked if I'm so Afraid was from the new E.P.
That's hilarious. You know, I bought a program, but I didn't look at the rest of the merchandise. I assume that you still can't buy the E.P. at the doggone concert.

You should have told the person yes that ISA was on it. Maybe they'd get a sale.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
I know, unfortunately I've heard way too many. But this time around she was trying to finish the story and just completely drew a blank, stood there stuttering a bit. But if she did *exactly* the same in Amsterdam, it's lame.
They're funnier when they're not trying to be, than otherwise.

Thanks for the photos. I particularly like the one with Mick and Lindsey. I was trying to get one of those two either after Without You or after Gypsy, but I had decided I was going to stand in front of Christine's spot and that limited my ability to photograph the other side of the stage, so I like this one.

Michele
Old 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Translated]

http://www.deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuw...0_FleetwoodMac

Thu 10/10/2013 - 11:32 Joris Truyts "Let's get this party started," cries singer Stevie Nicks after a strong start of Fleetwood Mac last night at the Sports Palace. A swirling party was not. Eventually Earlier varied but what languid evening in the company of a band that his place in the history of music has earned long ago.

Not coincidentally starts Fleetwood Mac with three songs from their success album "Rumours": "Second hand news", "The Chain" and "Dreams". A solid start. The four sixties Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood seem to have meaning. Especially Buckingham slams on his guitar as a young dog and shouting themselves hoarse.

The genesis of "Rumours", the fourth best selling album of all time, is well known. Marital problems at the two couples in the group and excessive drug use made it an agony of. But the result remains a timeless landmark in pop music. More than 35 years after date Of the "Rumours" occupation is only keyboardist Christine McVie not there. Unfortunately, we get the hits that they wrote, "Little lies" or "You make loving fun", therefore not to hear.

Fleetwood Mac does not just nostalgia. "We are working on new material," says Buckingham for the group "Sad angel" bet, one of the two new songs they play. A jumpy, catchy song that his place in the set deserves. During "Rhiannon" then that is really the voice of Nick's already going off the road if they want to lash out. Higher And that's a pity.

The quarrels are forgotten

Charisma and appearance, the 65-year-old singer, however, abound. Her outfit, a black flared dress with lots of shiny colored necklaces and scarves, has something gypsy / modern witch-like. It would be the mother of Florence Welch (Florence + the Machine) can be we. Remember Lindsey Buckingham can provide some explanation for the choice of songs. Not left us, but it picks up the pace from what the gig. He wants to "Not that funny" and "Tusk" say that a group sometimes quirky choices to make and should not slavishly follow. The laws of the music industry The hypnotic "Tusk" with the pounding drums-indeed not the most obvious Fleetwood Mac song-and impresses the audience gets from his chairs.

If Buckingham and Nicks sing together, is the magic of the group most upwards. Enjoy we did during the acoustic middle of the concert with the spotlight only on the former couple, giving each other during the duet "Sara" a big hug on stage. The quarrels of the past are forgotten, so much is clear. The two come later several times holding hands stage opgewandeld and tease each other during the intro of "Without you". Also the lovely "Landslide" is Nicks way a highlight in the set.

"Be kind to one another"

Ellen Long guitar solos are there again "I'm so afraid" and "Gold Dust Woman". The guitar haggling of Buckingham is handsome and impressive, but our attention slackened a bit on the expensive. It shows just how varied the oeuvre of Fleetwood Mac is, of poppy tunes on blues and psychedelic 70s rock music. It's all in there.

Also a founding member Mick Fleetwood still gets his moment of glory. He may only allow themselves like mad during "World turning" on stage go on his drum kit. We then just "Go your own way" had to finish the bisronde. It is mainly those fantastic, catchy pop songs that really win over the audience. It must be said, primarily an older crowd, but we see among many (almost-) peers from Nicks and co can sit here and adolescents.

We get as encore even the immortal "Do not stop", that-inevitably-on for a long time remains haunting. Way home in our heads The last song really, after a performance of more than 2.5 hours, is very appropriate "Say goodbye". Stevie Nicks expanded thanks all the fans for so many years of faithful service, but the last word is for Mick Fleetwood. "Be kind to one another" (be kind to each other), he asks. If that's not a real rock 'n' roll is, we do not know.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's an audio report on the FM concert here:

http://www.radio1.be/programmas/exit...et-sportpaleis

I can't understand it, but for those of you who do.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love
from nello salvat

http://

Landslide
from nello salvat

Stevie changed her costume in this one. I looks like one of her costumes from the previous tour.

Go Your Own Way
from nello salvat

Never Going Back Again
from nello salvat

World Turning
from nello salvat

Old 10-11-2013, 03:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lukewarm reviews. Lindsey gets all the praise, with Stevie they get the feeling she's just going through the motions and her voice is not up to par. I think certainly for Antwerpen that's accurate.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lukewarm reviews. Lindsey gets all the praise, with Stevie they get the feeling she's just going through the motions and her voice is not up to par. I think certainly for Antwerpen that's accurate.
Thank you for the summary.

Michele
Old 10-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac @ Sportpaleis: One minute, boring, another brilliant

Knack Focus

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...L6tZCoZkvCoT4A

DA GIG: Fleetwood Mac in Sportpaleis, Antwerp on 9/10.

IN A SENTENCE: At its best moments the band played brilliant pop songs with a timeless character, its worst she sounded routine, predictable and uninspired.

HIGHLIGHTS: "Gold Dust Woman," "Big Love," "Landslide," "Dreams," "Rhiannon," "I'm So Afraid", "World Turning '.
Lows: 'Not That Funny', 'Tusk', 'Sad Angel'.

BEST QUOTE Stevie Nicks: "Thanks to admit that we still do find the finest us. You are our dream catchers. So write soon, before you go to sleep, in a note: "Stevie thinks I'm extraordinary. Because I really believe. "

Thursday, October 10th, 2013 at 12u25

Since the turn of the century, the reunited Fleetwood Mac have repeatedly gone on a spree. Yet the group remains currently on tour for the 35th anniversary of its classic 'Rumours' to celebrate ensure migrations. Rightly? Yes and no, we noted in the Antwerp Sportpaleis.

The members of Fleetwood Mac are all now sixties and the average age of their audience is not much lower. There were so many baby boomers in the hall, looking for their lost youth when the summers were warm and simple, polished pop music dominated the airwaves. Christine McVie there during the current concert tour no more: she has withdrawn from public life, so chanteuse Steve Nicks, singer-guitarist Lindsay Buckingham, drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie the job is now done with the help of some hired hands . The two backing singers, keyboardist and second guitarist Bert Tugle Neile Heywood were already in the past years. Business as usual so, though one thing is certain: the quartet have already long ceased to do for pennies.

Fleetwood Mac has long been a group in transition. What began as a British blues band, known for classics like 'Oh Well' Albatross' and 'The Green Manalishi', grew in the mid-seventies, the merger with the folkrockduo Buckingham-Nicks, into a pure American rock band. The turnaround could not be drastic, but the pay-off was phenomenal. The artistic and commercial peak of new Mac-style was "Rumours" in 1977, the eleventh full-length album of the group, which was 45 million buyers. That the plate was so successful, if given the tumultuous circumstances in which it came into being, called a miracle. The two couples in the group had just ended their relationship, wrote songs for and about each other and tried to soften by excessive cocaine and alcohol. Their heartache The music sounded catchy and streamlined, was ingeniously, floated on sophisticated harmonies and was so full of recognizable emotions that she still continues to speak. More than three decades later the imagination Not surprising then that a lot of songs from 'Rumours' paraded in Antwerp on the setlist.

Licked

The group sees things clearly still large: Mick Fleetwood example was huddled behind something we can describe as the limousine assured under the drum. But from the first notes of "Second Hand News" and the symbolic 'The Chain' was established that the main qualities of Fleetwood Mac's insistent voice of Stevie Nicks, the inventive guitar motifs of Lindsay Buckingham, the no-nonsense rhythm section, the glowing were singing-intact. "Lets get this party started," cried Nick, a fairy in years, then immediately to the intrieste 'Dreams' to assemble. Well, pop stars and paradoxes: they are like Tintin and Snowy. Also 'Rhiannon' was blowing all over in the first quarter: a beautiful pop song, sure, but perhaps a little too early in the set to bring all the expected magic created.

After a sermon on the record, so hang on formulas is that they each adventure in the way, found Lindsay Buckingham need some excerpts from 'Tusk' airing. This plate is often seen as a failed experiment, and when we got the garish "Not That Funny" or messy, marred by synthetic blazers title track split in the stomach, we knew why suddenly again. Buckingham may be a talented musician, of new wave, he then clearly not eaten cheese. The slick FM pop of "Sarah" and "Eyes of the World 'then sounded so boring and weekdays that you almost automatically to a new punk explosion was waiting. The audience was especially emotional when Nicks her ex-partner on stage gave a warm hug. If there are any wrinkles now completely ironed out. Between those two ever there has been some resentment,

Just when we were getting ready out of sheer boredom, to get some leaves in the newspaper Lindsay Buckingham got us back to the class with an acoustic, stunningly played solo version of 'Big Love'. You were suddenly flooded with authentic emotions, which again proves that with sobriety often more operational than bells and also during the duets with Stevie Nicks (the folky 'Landslide', the air fine fingerpicking work 'Never Going Back Again') calling.

About Theatrical

The highlight of the evening was, in our opinion, the drawn-out, brooding, slightly psychedelic version of 'Gold Dust Woman', which expressed Fleetwood Mac gave exciting things still to be able to. Also strong: to Deep Purple leaning hard rock ballad "I'm So Afraid", which Buckingham was like a madman on the strings to time. His solos were intense, both technically and emotionally, an experience. Too bad that the man often theatrical came something out of the corner in vocal terms.

In between was inspired by Stevie Nicks with the Prince 'Stand Back' dig a number from one of her old solo CDs. But the time of discharge was still "You Can Go Your Own Way ', which was sung. Lustily by the public The gad we remembered an energetic and bluesy 'World Turning', which was interrupted by a superfluous drum solo by Mick Fleetwood, a sympathetic veteran of many wars, which nevertheless still needed confirmation. "Are you with me?", He wanted to know every turn. Christine McVies 'Do not Stop' was then reeling in an embarrassing manner that will make you inevitably wonder: how relevant is Fleetwood Mac actually still in the year 2013?

Judging from the published in April last ep of the group, which we got as 'Sad Angels' and 'Without You' appalling served in the Sportpaleis banal songs, the heyday of Fleetwood Mac are far behind us. The quartet plays night after night for months exactly the same set and those familiar with the live album 'The Dance' can only conclude that, hardly anything has changed. The tasteful visuals after, since 1997 At its best moments Fleetwood Mac played brilliant pop songs that have defied the tooth. Of time effortlessly At its worst the band sounded routine, predictable and uninspired. Half convincing, half disappointing. Decide which half you will remember. Longest to you

Dirk Steenhaut
Old 10-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Great pics!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:43 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Licked

The group sees things clearly still large: Mick Fleetwood example was huddled behind something we can describe as the limousine assured under the drum. But from the first notes of "Second Hand News" and the symbolic 'The Chain' was established that the main qualities of Fleetwood Mac's insistent voice of Stevie Nicks, the inventive guitar motifs of Lindsay Buckingham, the no-nonsense rhythm section, the glowing were singing-intact. "Lets get this party started," cried Nick, a fairy in years, then immediately to the intrieste 'Dreams' to assemble. Well, pop stars and paradoxes: they are like Tintin and Snowy. Also 'Rhiannon' was blowing all over in the first quarter: a beautiful pop song, sure, but perhaps a little too early in the set to bring all the expected magic created.

After a sermon on the record, so hang on formulas is that they each adventure in the way, found Lindsay Buckingham need some excerpts from 'Tusk' airing. This plate is often seen as a failed experiment, and when we got the garish "Not That Funny" or messy, marred by synthetic blazers title track split in the stomach, we knew why suddenly again. Buckingham may be a talented musician, of new wave, he then clearly not eaten cheese. The slick FM pop of "Sarah" and "Eyes of the World 'then sounded so boring and weekdays that you almost automatically to a new punk explosion was waiting. The audience was especially emotional when Nicks her ex-partner on stage gave a warm hug. If there are any wrinkles now completely ironed out. Between those two ever there has been some resentment,
Of course. We all know he gave up cheese...

Quote:
AB: This one’s tangential—if you had to give up for the rest of your life oral sex or cheese, which would you choose?

LB: Cheese.
Old 10-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Of course. We all know he gave up cheese...
i know! exactly what i was thinking when reading that.

gotta love google translate.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2013, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman rag doll dance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bva...e_gdata_player
Old 10-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman by Georg Kotschy

Go Your Own Way by Georg Kotschy

Rhiannon by Georg Kotschy

Old 10-16-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie