Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default NY Madison Square Garden 4/8

Ok, I know I am getting ahead of myself here. Philly hasn't even happened but I know I will be itching for more! If I could find good floor seats (which I have already), is there anyone willing to maybe go with so I could buy the pair? LOL. And of course then we each pay for our own tickets. I have no one else to go with on Monday, and I can't afford to keep "taking" people hehe. Who else is entertaining going to MSG in NYC!?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
Ok, I know I am getting ahead of myself here. Philly hasn't even happened but I know I will be itching for more! If I could find good floor seats (which I have already), is there anyone willing to maybe go with so I could buy the pair? LOL. And of course then we each pay for our own tickets. I have no one else to go with on Monday, and I can't afford to keep "taking" people hehe. Who else is entertaining going to MSG in NYC!?
I've been on the fence about MSG and have been watching tickets since pre-sale
I'm seeing the show in San Jose which is not till 5/22 and really wanna see it before
It's just such a huge cost for me as I live in Rochester which is 250m from NYC, there's the transportation, hotel, and ticket costs along with food and drink
I pulled up 12th row last night and almost bought 1 but didnt and now there's only sec 108 avail, if Im traveling that far and spending that much money I def want a close floor seat
What seats do you have and how much?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't have the tickets but I have found some tix close enough by browsing. I won't buy any till I am sure. I may not know till Sunday.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Ledgie

I'm going to the MSG show. I will have just seen them in Philly, but I couldn't resist seeing them at the Garden - such an iconic venue...I just bought a couple of nosebleed seats, but may nose around for last min good seats, then try to sell those... either way, should be a great show- Hope you get there!
Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 AM
Ledgie

couldnt resist
what the f its only a 7hr bus ride!
its Stevie in NYC @MSG!!!
any advice on what i should do for a ticket?
have been watching tickets since december and the best ones are finally coming up
so far the closest has been rows 12-15
but by monday better ones should pop up
getting a little nervous about a seat as its so close but all those tickets on the broker sites that arent gonna sell for those prices
all those seats have to come back to ticketmaster for reg sale right????
Old 04-07-2013, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I will be there

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 04-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLN1 View Post
couldnt resist
what the f its only a 7hr bus ride!
its Stevie in NYC @MSG!!!
any advice on what i should do for a ticket?
have been watching tickets since december and the best ones are finally coming up
so far the closest has been rows 12-15
but by monday better ones should pop up
getting a little nervous about a seat as its so close but all those tickets on the broker sites that arent gonna sell for those prices
all those seats have to come back to ticketmaster for reg sale right????
Possibly if they took the insurance option. Keep checking few times a day on ticketmaster. Also, don't be afraid to scout around for tickets night of the show. At Columbus I heard many negotiations going on 15 minutes before show started outside. Someone scored a floor seat for 70 bucks (don't know what row or section) but that was literally a hundred less than face value. Also check craigslist. Someone on the board might also end up with an extra ticket. Good Luck and enjoy the show!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Ok i AM going to this! I can't believe how EASY it was to find tix last minute thru Ticketmaster!! I know why it wasn't like this with Philly -- those tix were from COMCASTTIX..and they had hardly anything the day of the show, so yes if the show is offered by Ticketmaster, then you can probably expect GOOD seats to get released. Some of my best Ledgie friends got Lindsey side, a row in the 20s, and I just got Lindsey's side 11th row, right in the aisle though next to center floor. OMG I am doing this, i can't believe it...now to leave work early and take a train from central jersey to NYC!!!

BTW..someone on Craigs was about to sell me their Floor C Row 6 seats, but inflated (this is Lindsey's side, up front)...is there anyone here interested??
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tell me this is going to turn into a live thread? I have nothing to watch on TV today and my homework is boring me to tears
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope so too. A few live updates would be awesome!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I hope so too. A few live updates would be awesome!
here watch this site for some pics and updates - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Linds...16708181693361

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, elle. I don't "do" facebook, but I was able to see some pics and learn that the setlist was the same.

I follow Fleetwood Mac News on my twitter.
http://twitter.com/Nickslive
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A bit from tonight's Dreams...

Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I'm So Afraid" (full)
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 AM
Ledgie

Default MSG Show

Tonight Stevie Nicks said, “there’s something special and sparkly and beautiful about New York,” and man was she right. It seems that the show keeps getting better. We were 3rd row right in front of Lindsey. The set list was exactly the same, but somehow the songs just sounded better, sharper. Without You, in particular, I think, is finding its groove ( and I’m convinced this will be included in a CD rerelease of BN – Stevie mentioned the album specifically tonight – which I don’t think she did in Philly). Even Not That Funny sounded a little more ‘tuneful,’ not so shrieky.
The visual presentation was much better too…There was a stage-wide horizontal screen that showed frequent closeups – they didn’t have that in Philly (it was only those 4 separate screens).
John McVie was lit much better, and Lindsey actually walked kinda near him once or twice.
Stevie’s voice seemed stronger and she seemed more sure of her vocal choices, and I never saw Lindsey smile so much (although we were much closer to him than at Philly, so maybe I just didn’t see it). He had good interaction with the fans near him (who rushed the stage immediately – I was surprised MSG was so loose about that, but not complaining!)He seemed to be enjoying himself. During Don’t Stop, at the line “…I know you don’t believe that it’s true, I never meant any harm to you…” he smiled and thumb-pointed at Stevie and rolled his eyes..it sounds weird as I write it, but it was surprising and kind of funny.
Both of them seem excited about the new material. The crowd was great, and you could hear them singing along, more so than in Philly (IMO). The sound was great.
I do wish each of them would walk around the stage more; they stay too much ‘on their sides.’ It’s too bad for the people on the sides, but since S & L never pick up their mikes or use headsets (hah, as if), I guess there’s no choice for them but to stay near the mikes.
I took a friend who’s a longtime SN fan and never seen FM live, and she was just blown away. She kept saying there’s no way no way they are in their 60s. She thought SN sounded great, and she couldn’t believe Lindsey’s non-stop energy. She hinted about wanting to go again on 4/24 in NJ, but my concert budget is about done--
I guess there might be more, but getting tired…I got some good photos and video – if I can figure out how to get’em out of my itouch, I’ll post .