Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Reuters, By Eric Kelsey
[url]
But a decade removed from their last studio album "Say You Will," Nicks admits it may be time for another Fleetwood Mac release, adding that she and Buckingham had spent time writing songs together recently.
There's an interesting thought.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Where did she say she and Lindsey worked on any of her new songs?Every single new song that she has written has been sent directly to Dave Stewart..there is no indication that she has contibuted any "new "material to Fleetwood Mac.
This EP talk has been circulating for a while - I think Mick was the first to suggest they would move in that direction. Then, finally when Stevie first mentioned they had already been in the studio working she said they had done "maybe four" songs. I don't see Stevie as the songwriter she holds herself in esteem to be to not put out any songs on a new FM project. It just makes sense they will split it between them. I don't know that it's "new" songs - maybe she went back to the vault again. Regardless, I'm betting there are Stevie Nicks compositions.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The group will hit the road starting April 4 in Columbus, Ohio.

It's official: Fleetwood Mac will embark on their first tour in three years next year.

Focused in North America, the Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 tour includes 34 cities such as New York, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia and the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. It kicks off April 4, and tickets officially go on sale Dec. 14.
The tour coincides with the 35th anniversary of the group's 1977 classic Rumours, which is among the 10 biggest-selling albums in U.S. history, moving 19 million units alone with such hits as "Go Your Own Way" and "Dreams."
STORY: Fleetwood Reuniting in 2013

Early next year, the record will be re-issued with unreleased studio and live tracks.

Fleetwood Mac has sold more than 48.5 millions albums in the U.S. since its formation in 1967. The band's most recent album -- done without longtime member Christine McVie, who retired from the group in 1998 -- is 2003's Say You Will.

The band -- comprised of Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie -- previously toured in 2009.

"After spending four days at Lindsey’s house working on music and one really fun day doing a crazy photo session, I am quite excited about next year. Everything seems to be falling into place. 2013 looks like the year of Fleetwood Mac," Nicks said in a statement Tuesday.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now I m curious about these "crazy" photos. What ever could she mean?

Perhaps a BN album cover reshoot to emphasize just how much time has passed?

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-04-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

Hahaha!!! Oh no! But with Photoshop there is no such thing!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Maybe she finally got Lindsey in a top hat - or platforms??
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Maybe she finally got Lindsey in a top hat - or platforms??
The real question is... was Kristen the photographer?

But in reality, I'm curious as to whether or not this was a full band shoot or just a Stevie and Lindsey shoot. She hasn't mentioned meeting up with Mick and John at all so it would seem to be the latter.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The real question is... was Kristen the photographer?

But in reality, I'm curious as to whether or not this was a full band shoot or just a Stevie and Lindsey shoot. She hasn't mentioned meeting up with Mick and John at all so it would seem to be the latter.
Hahaha about Kristen.

Yeah, it does sound like it was just the two sans Mick & John.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

NEW YORK — Fleetwood Mac is heading back on the road, and that means the top-selling group will release new music — sort of.

On its 34-city North American tour, which kicks off April 4 in Columbus, Ohio, the band will perform two new songs, and it could mean a new album will follow. Or not.

Stevie Nicks recently sang on tracks that Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie worked on, calling the sessions "great." But Nicks also says she's not sure where the band fits in today's music industry.

"Whether or not we're gonna do any more (songs), we don't know because we're so completely bummed out with the state of the music industry and the fact that nobody even wants a full record," she said. "Everybody wants two songs, so we're going to give them two songs."

Nicks said depending on the response to the new tracks — which Buckingham calls "the most Fleetwood Mac-y stuff ... in a long time" — more material could come next.

"Maybe we'll get an EP out of it or something," Buckingham said.

Nicks will continue to record solo albums, though. The group is celebrating the 35th anniversary of the best-selling "Rumours" album, which has moved some 20 million units in the United States. She knows that's not possible again, despite the success of Adele's "21," which has sold 10 million units in America in less than two years.

"This is Adele's 'Rumours,'" Nicks said. "She had a baby, she's going to take a year off to take care of her baby — that's why I never had any kids. She's going to go back and start writing again, you never know what the next record's going to be. Is it going to sell 10 million records? You don't know," she said.

Buckingham said he initially wanted to record a new album, but Nicks "wasn't too into that." But the guitarist and singer knows that new music isn't a priority for the band's fans.

"It wouldn't matter if they didn't hear anything new. In a way there's a freedom to that — it becomes not what you got, but what you do with what you got. Part of the challenge of this tour is figuring out a presentation that has some twists and turns to it without having a full album," he said.

Fleetwood Mac, which was formed in 1967, last released an album in 2003, though they hit the road in 2009. Nicks and Buckingham — who originally joined the band in 1974 as a couple — both released solo albums and toured last year. Buckingham had suggested that Fleetwood Mac tour last year, but says getting everyone to agree was tough.

"If you look at Fleetwood Mac as a group, you can make the case of saying we're a bunch of individuals who don't necessarily belong in the same group together, but it's the synergy of that that makes us so good. But it also makes the politics a little more tenuous," he said. "You can say that not only can it be a political minefield, someone's always causing trouble, right? I caused trouble for years so I can't point any fingers."

The tour also includes cities such as New York, Chicago, Boston, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, and will end June 12 in Detroit.

http://online.wsj.com/article/AP4302...72e758afb.html
Old 12-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"Whether or not we're gonna do any more (songs), we don't know because we're so completely bummed out with the state of the music industry and the fact that nobody even wants a full record," she said. "Everybody wants two songs, so we're going to give them two songs."

Nicks said depending on the response to the new tracks — which Buckingham calls "the most Fleetwood Mac-y stuff ... in a long time" — more material could come next.

"Maybe we'll get an EP out of it or something," Buckingham said.

Buckingham said he initially wanted to record a new album, but Nicks "wasn't too into that." But the guitarist and singer knows that new music isn't a priority for the band's fans.

"It wouldn't matter if they didn't hear anything new.
In a way there's a freedom to that — it becomes not what you got, but what you do with what you got. Part of the challenge of this tour is figuring out a presentation that has some twists and turns to it without having a full album," he said.
False, Lindsey. False. Just false.

DANG IT STEVIE. Whyyyy? Who cares if no one wants a full album (which isn't even true... sure, maybe 12 year old Justin Bieber fans only have the attention span for 1-2 songs.. but since when is your fan base full of pre-teens? Your fanbase is largely people who, just like you, spent their youth laying on the floor listening to vinyl records, c'mon now) You guys are approaching retirement age... make a full album while you can.

Last edited by WildHearted; 12-04-2012 at 11:56 AM..
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It might not be their call. WB may be telling them no. I just heard that Aerosmith's album is tanking. It's barely sold 100,00 units but everyone says its awesome and the tour isn't selling either. No doubt FM is playing it safe with an EP.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FLEETWOOD MAC LIVE 2013 TOUR ANNOUNCED
First Date April 4th in Columbus, Ohio
Tickets On Sale Beginning December 14th

LOS ANGELES, CA (December 3, 2012) - Fleetwood Mac, one of rock’s most enduring, beloved and successful bands, will be embarking on a major 34-city US Tour after a three year break beginning April 4th, 2013. The tour was announced today by the group and Live Nation, the tour’s national promoter.Fleetwood Mac Live 2013 arena tour includes stops in Philadelphia, New York City, Boston, Chicago and a special appearance at the historic Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles. Tickets for the first run of shows go on sale beginning December 14th at LiveNation.com.

American Express cardmembers can get advance tickets for all tour dates. Live Nation mobile app users will have access to presale tickets beginning Thursday, December 13th at 10:00 AM (local time). The full list of tour dates follows this release.

Multi Grammy-winning and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees, Fleetwood Mac last toured in 2009 with the sold out Unleashed tour. The new tour also marks the 35th anniversary of the release of their classicRumours album (1977), one of the most successful albums in recorded history with sales exceeding 40 million copies. Rumours planted itself at the top of the pop charts for over 31 weeks and had four top ten singles.

To coincide with the tour and anniversary, a new deluxe reissue of Rumours with previously unreleased studio and live tracks will be released in early 2013 from Rhino. More details on the set will be announced soon.

The current Fleetwood Mac lineup includes Mick Fleetwood and John McVie – both original members since 1967, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks who joined the band in 1975.

“Having started Fleetwood Mac with John McVie in 1967, it has always been so gratifying that despite the various incarnations, the band has survived. Throughout the years, though, the one thing that has remained constant is our fans. I am looking forward to getting back behind the kit, reconnecting with the fans and sharing the stage with my fellow band members,” commented Mick Fleetwood.

“After spending four days at Lindsey’s house working on music and one really fun day doing a crazy photo session, I am quite excited about next year. Everything seems to be falling into place. 2013 looks like the ‘year of Fleetwood Mac”, commented Stevie Nicks.

“I’m really looking forward to hitting the road with Stevie, Mick and John in 2013. It’s been over three years since we’ve toured together and happily the break allowed me to explore a lot of uncharted territory as well as experience tremendous growth creatively. I’m excited to bring that back to the band. When everyone in FM wants the same thing at the same time, it’s cause for celebration. Long Live Fleetwood Mac!” added Lindsey Buckingham.

“I’m really looking forward to going back on the road”, commented John McVie.

Nicks has just completed a two year tour coinciding with the release of her critically acclaimed In Your Dreams CD which debuted at No. 6 on the Billboard Pop Charts. In Your Dreams was released on Reprise Records in 2011, and was co-written and co-produced by Dave Stewart and Glen Ballard. Nicks also produced and co-directed a documentary film of the recording of In Your Dreams which has received rave reviews at the Hamptons International Film Festival along with several other film festivals.

Buckingham has been touring to sold-out crowds over the last year in conjunction with his critically acclaimed September 2011 release of Seeds We Sow, his 6th solo studio album and first independentrelease, which debuted at No. 6 on Billboard’s Rock Album Chart. He was recently honored with ASCAP’s Golden Note Award, and has also received the prestigious Les Paul Award.

In August, Mick Fleetwood opened his brand new restaurant, Fleetwood’s On Front Street, in Lahaina on Maui. The grand opening included musical performances by Mick, Steven Tyler, Jonny Lang and more. Mick also founded Mick Fleetwood’s Private Cellar, which has produced over 20 vintages and varietals earning multiple medals in international tastings. Mick’s band, The Mick Fleetwood Blues Band, was nominated for a Grammy in 2010 for their album Blue Again.

John McVie has spent the past three years enjoying his family and solitude at home in Hawaii.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
“Having started Fleetwood Mac with John McVie in 1967, it has always been so gratifying that despite the various incarnations, the band has survived. Throughout the years, though, the one thing that has remained constant is our fans. I am looking forward to getting back behind the kit, reconnecting with the fans and sharing the stage with my fellow band members,” commented Mick Fleetwood.

“After spending four days at Lindsey’s house working on music and one really fun day doing a crazy photo session, I am quite excited about next year. Everything seems to be falling into place. 2013 looks like the ‘year of Fleetwood Mac”, commented Stevie Nicks.

“I’m really looking forward to hitting the road with Stevie, Mick and John in 2013. It’s been over three years since we’ve toured together and happily the break allowed me to explore a lot of uncharted territory as well as experience tremendous growth creatively. I’m excited to bring that back to the band. When everyone in FM wants the same thing at the same time, it’s cause for celebration. Long Live Fleetwood Mac!” added Lindsey Buckingham.

“I’m really looking forward to going back on the road”, commented John McVie.
I literally died @ the way they set this up in the article. John, a man of few words (and many bass lines).

Also.. I really can't picture Lindsey saying "Long live Fleetwood Mac!"
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another one - we are down to 50% of time talking and 50% recording... and the rest (if there can be rest after 100% ) is dinners with Lindsey's family.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,4501975.story

Stevie Nicks dishes on new and old work with Lindsey Buckingham

John McVie, left, and Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac performing at Madison Square Garden in New York in 2009. (Charles Sykes / Associated Press )

By Randall Roberts
Los Angeles Times Pop Music Critic
December 4, 2012, 9:06 a.m.

Some of the most exciting news to come out of a conversation with Stevie Nicks on Monday was when she discussed a recent studio session with fellow Fleetwood Mac member and longtime collaborator Lindsey Buckingham. The two will join Mick Fleetwood and John McVie to resurrect Fleetwood Mac for a 2013 tour, but they have a history that extends long before they joined Mac in 1975.

The pair recorded one gorgeous, self-titled record in 1973 as Buckingham Nicks, and it was this work that prompted Fleetwood, McVie and then-keyboardist Christine McVie to ask them to join Fleetwood Mac. The rest is (a tangled, romantically complicated) history.

Jump to early 2012, when -- as Nicks calls them -- "the boys" in Fleetwood Mac got together to work on new material. Nicks had just lost her mother to pneumonia, then contracted the virus herself, and was unable to join them. The three soldiered on, with Buckingham writing two songs specifically for Nicks. A few weeks ago she heard those rough tracks for the first time.

“I went up to Lindsey’s house, he played me all of the songs, and we chose two," Nicks said on Monday. "He said, ‘I really tried hard to be you, to really see through your eyes when we were doing these songs, and make these songs that you would really like, and that you would really relate to.’"

She says the process was quite different than the last time they collaborated in 2002 for “Say You Will” because Buckingham and Nicks weren’t in a professional studio this time. “We were in his house where his wife and children are,” she said. “We had dinner with his family every night, and it was a whole other deal. We spent half the time working on these two songs, and the other half of the time we spent talking about our life, going all the way back to the beginning, to 1966 when we first met in high school, when he was a junior and I was a senior.

“We laughed and laughed and laughed about all the crazy things that have happened to us,” she said, describing the interactions as “a very cathartic time, and a very healing time, I think. And the songs came out great."

Nicks said the two songs are called "Sad Angels" and "Miss Fantasy," and will be available in the months leading up to the tour. "The words are very interesting, and the melodies are great, and it’s like they did go back to a time long ago. I think the world will be very taken with these songs."

As far as another full-length album, Nicks was more tentative. "We’ll just see," she said. "If the world loves them, then we have something to gauge what’s going on as far as Fleetwood Mac goes. And then at that point we record two more songs. So we don’t have to record a 14-song album, but are putting out some consistent product.'

Die-hard fans will be excited to know that the pair also dug further into their past by recording an unreleased song by their pre-Mac duo Buckingham Nicks that Nicks discovered in her archives. "Neither of the two of us can figure out why the heck it didn’t go on the 'Buckingham Nicks' record," she said. "Maybe it was the last song and there wasn’t room. We don’t know, but we recorded it, and it came out great."

Nicks' hope is that it will see release as part of a CD reissue in conjunction with the 40th anniversary of "Buckingham Nicks." The album has never been reissued either on CD or digitally.

Alas, that milestone will likely be overshadowed by a bigger one -- and one reason for the reunion: the 35th anniversary of "Rumours," which will be marked with a new deluxe reissue featuring outtakes that will arrive in 2013.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hey, they mentioned "crazy photo session" so that is exciting. We are getting new pictures. I am so tired of those four giant SYW heads, I don't know what to do.

Michele