User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Probably the 4ft by 4ft RUMOURS album promo poster from 1977. I got it on eBay and it was part of an estate sale...the poster looks brand new. I framed it with plexi and it's hanging in my man-cave at home (takes up a whole wall).

I won the FleetwoodMac.com quiz thing back in 2003 during the SYW promotions and got a signed 12x24 flat of the SYW will cover by all the band members.

I have a lot of signed Neal Preston prints too, from The Dance era that I really treasure.
Okay...I'm truly envious of the 4 x 4 promo poster. I need that hanging in my living room!
Old 05-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I've always wanted the songbook for Heroes are Hard to Find, which I saw on ebay once but was outbid at the last minute. Anyone got it?
I do. You want scans of any of the songs? On The Chain, they make fun of me for posting sheet music, but I'll do it for you because you are intelligent & sweet & quite sane & also rational. You, like Beethoven or Voltaire, are a child of the Enlightenment.

My biggest "find" -- it's been so many years that I've been seeking & buying & trading & hunting & peckering that it's hard to remember what was the single biggest thrill, but certainly finding vinyl of many of those very old bootlegs -- like Almanac, Sin City, City of the Angels, Albatross But Not Around My Neck Please, Rock Around the World, etc. -- at Lincoln Hotel record swap & Santa Barbara Flea Fair in 1981-82 & Rockaway Records in Glendale, inter alia, would have to rank as huge thrills at the time (this was back in the TUSK days). Also big thrill at the time (although the items didn't belong to me) was seeing the Glass-Up-The-Ass Award (American Music Award 1978) with Stevie Nicks etched on it & listening to the acetate of THINK ABOUT IT & BATTLE OF THE DRAGON & a videotape of film footage of a '78 gig in New Orleans at Rob's apartment back in about 1985 (ripped off from Kim Anderson's "garage sale" at Stevie's former Marina del Rey condo). And the first soundboard recording I ever got hold of from Maureen back in whenever was a big thrill because for so many years I had bemoaned the quality of private recordings (she initially sent me one for free before she opened her "bidness" which was Sydney 3-15-80). But there have been dozens of great finds in my whirl.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They obviously are more valuable now than when they were common:

Songbooks:

Bare Trees (with a few Kiln House songs included, too)
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find/Fleetwood Mac (1975) in one book
Rumours
Tusk

Then I lost interest in collecting songbooks.

Hey, David...did you ever go to the record swap meet they used to have in the parking lot of the Capitol Records building??
Old 05-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a few things but they aren't really a 'find' as such, cos I bought them.

A copy of Then Play On signed by the then FM line up.

One of Danny Kirwan's solo UK singles that he has signed.

A copy of Mirage album that has been signed by everyone who worked on their show(s) in LA. There are lots of sigs and messages saying 'many thanks' and 'best wishes' etc so I guess it was for someone working with them at the time.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hey, David...did you ever go to the record swap meet they used to have in the parking lot of the Capitol Records building??
man, I went everywhere!
I was a hugely active fan at the time, neck deep in it all with the other fans all over the country. We Mac'd ourselves silly. Man, we were a goofy lot, all told.

Some folks even think I worked at Obie Lighting.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was talking to a nurse one time about how big a Mac fan I was, and the next time I went to the doctor's office there sitting in my waiting chair for me was the original Buckingham Nicks album! Gatefold and in mint condition!!! And the other great find was a friend sent me the original promotional poster for the Buckingham Nicks album. Those items just fell into my lap.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I guess my greatest find would have to be a rare bootleg of The Dance. I thought I had all of them, but I kept looking on tradelists and on Ebay. Lots of the video boots on Ebay are scams. Then I made an exchange with someone who wanted a copy of Lindsey's old Center Stage and they gave me a copy of a Dance boot that I didn't even know existed. It was bad quality, but still wonderful. That "new discovery" feeling was probably my greatest find.

Michele
Which show was it?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In 1987, at a swap meet type thing for music memorabilia, I once bought a large metal belt buckle (without the belt) that had an enameled image in purple of the word 'Fleetwood Mac' and a mysterious hand holding a glowing orb, a la the 'Rumours' cover.
I often wondered if this was licensed merchandise or some cheesie thing that someone concocted.
I never wore it (because I don't have purple shoes to match) but I used to keep it propped up on a shelf in my room.

Alas, like all my other FM/Stevie collectibles, tapes, records (including a 'gatefold' BN album), it has all been lost in one of my moves.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Uncirculated Rumours

Maybe a year ago, I scored two discs of the uncirculated rumours vinyl record set. I was so excited to have those rare Stevie Nicks demos to add to my Fleetwood Mac vinyl record collection.

Then, the other day, I was browsing ebay, when I came across a third record that belongs in the set! I had no idea at the time that I purchased the other two, that uncirculated rumours is actually a set of three! It seems like someone kept the best one (that has the Rhiannon demos, and the Silver Springs and Sara piano demos) and sold me the other two.

The thing is, I bought the first two discs for less than $50. And the third one, that is for sale on ebay right now, is going for $129.... So I can't afford to complete my set

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVIE-NICKS-Unc...2em118Q2el1247
Old 05-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I do. You want scans of any of the songs? On The Chain, they make fun of me for posting sheet music, but I'll do it for you because you are intelligent & sweet & quite sane & also rational. You, like Beethoven or Voltaire, are a child of the Enlightenment.
I would LOVE the scans of some of those Heroes songs--as well as the one for Sugar Daddy. I'll send you a private email...

BTW: I happen to love Francis Bacon's Novum organum, too...
Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
They obviously are more valuable now than when they were common:

Songbooks:

Bare Trees (with a few Kiln House songs included, too)
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find/Fleetwood Mac (1975) in one book
Rumours
Tusk

Then I lost interest in collecting songbooks.
ChiliD, your post inspired me to go to ebay and see if Mystery was available in songbook. It was and I got it!

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-30-2008 at 04:45 PM..
Old 05-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAtYou View Post
Maybe a year ago, I scored two discs of the uncirculated rumours vinyl record set. I was so excited to have those rare Stevie Nicks demos to add to my Fleetwood Mac vinyl record collection.

Then, the other day, I was browsing ebay, when I came across a third record that belongs in the set! I had no idea at the time that I purchased the other two, that uncirculated rumours is actually a set of three! It seems like someone kept the best one (that has the Rhiannon demos, and the Silver Springs and Sara piano demos) and sold me the other two.

The thing is, I bought the first two discs for less than $50. And the third one, that is for sale on ebay right now, is going for $129.... So I can't afford to complete my set

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEVIE-NICKS-Unc...2em118Q2el1247
SmileAtYou, I have that set too. I was lucky enough to get all three. Got them from a record dealer. I think if you keep checking Ebay you'll find the one you need or the whole set for a lot less than $129.00.

Pete, sorry to hear you lost those items in a move. Makes me sick just to think about it.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAtYou View Post

I got mine the same way too. I found the first two, and then a year or so later discovered the third. Except it was the other way 'round for me, the Rhiannon and Silver Springs etc set came first and I got the one with 'Battle of The Dragon' last.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was in Germany, 1992, in a record store I found 2 mac things: a t-shirt from the Tango tour, that I used until it practically rid, and a Other side of the mirror poster, with Stevie in her red dress
Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
Which show was it?
Minnesota, from October 1997.

Michele