Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Talking Query re: Tusk Documentary & Laser Discs

As some of you know, I've been selling off a bunch of my massively massive Mac collection.

During my rootling through boxes for things to unload, I came across my copy of the Tusk documentary on laser disc. I bought it with the intention to some day get a laser disc player and devise a method of transferring a superb quality copy of the documentary to DVD and/or files, with the further intention of sharing with y'all fine folk (not selling, just sharing.)

Problem is that I never got around to actually buying a laser disc player. FAIL.

So here is my query:

Do any of you have a laser disc player? If so, do you know how to make a copy of it to DVD or files what folk can watch on the computar machiene?

If so, might you be interested in helping me to acquire this copy of the Tusk documentary that currently exists only in my dreams?

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 10-29-2009, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
As some of you know, I've been selling off a bunch of my massively massive Mac collection.

During my rootling through boxes for things to unload, I came across my copy of the Tusk documentary on laser disc. I bought it with the intention to some day get a laser disc player and devise a method of transferring a superb quality copy of the documentary to DVD and/or files, with the further intention of sharing with y'all fine folk (not selling, just sharing.)

Problem is that I never got around to actually buying a laser disc player. FAIL.

So here is my query:

Do any of you have a laser disc player? If so, do you know how to make a copy of it to DVD or files what folk can watch on the computar machiene?

If so, might you be interested in helping me to acquire this copy of the Tusk documentary that currently exists only in my dreams?

It would be really easy to copy to VHS or DVD, but my Laserdisc player broke.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

my copy on dvd has to be copied from vhs~ & i got it from ebay long before i met any traders~ it has a running time sometimes on the top~ but i was fine w/ it~ i had wanted another copy for so long & seeing as my vhs no longer wrks, i can't watch the vhs i have~

my friend in highschool (1986) had it on laser disc & the quality was wonderful~ i asked him to copy it to vhs for me~ he copied just the stevie parts for me, but the quality of the vhs copied from the laser disc is better than the vhs copy dvd~

but thanx for bringing it up, i haven't watched it in like 4 years maybe & i just popped it in & am almost in tears i love it so much~
Old 10-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So there's, like, a crystal clear copy of the Tusk doc?!

Why is it not in my life?
I freakin' love that thing. Pretty sure what I have is the same thing that everyone else does. Boo. And I don't have a laser dic player. So, double boo.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love the whole "Angel" section on the Tusk Doc and that performance of "Sisters Of The Moon" is absolutely mindblowing
Old 10-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
So there's, like, a crystal clear copy of the Tusk doc?!

Why is it not in my life?
I freakin' love that thing. Pretty sure what I have is the same thing that everyone else does. Boo. And I don't have a laser dic player. So, double boo.
Wella-well, that was what I was hoping to make. My laser disc is the official release deal, so I imagine the quality is fantastic. I don't think those degrade over time like VHS tapes do. It's in mint condition with no scratches, but I haven't been able to watch it on account of the no laser disc player thing. Sigh.

Hopefully another Ledgie has one! Or I will just break down and buy a player at some point when my bank account isn't quite as in need of Prozac as it is right now.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Wella-well, that was what I was hoping to make. My laser disc is the official release deal, so I imagine the quality is fantastic. I don't think those degrade over time like VHS tapes do. It's in mint condition with no scratches, but I haven't been able to watch it on account of the no laser disc player thing. Sigh.

Hopefully another Ledgie has one! Or I will just break down and buy a player at some point when my bank account isn't quite as in need of Prozac as it is right now.
You need to get in touch with this guy -- he's got the Mirage concert DVD on laser disc... he might make a deal with ya?!