Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Ledgie

Question Question that's been bugging me

This may have been asked and answered and I didn't see it BUT this is really bugging me so I'm gonna ask anyway.

On the Rumours re-issue cd; the song Mic The Screecher, who is the girl talking? I don't think it's Stevie. Sounds like Stevie comes in at :47 seconds and says "it's so sensitive". Anyone have any info on who it is talking?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow I was gonna post a question about this song so I might add on to this. I really have no clue about the song or who the other woman is...sorry...somebody...one of you Fleetwood Mac heads help us out!

But what the harry heck is going on in this song. I don't get why...out of all the studio things they could have put on the reissues they put this stupid annoying noise! What is going on anyways?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:05 PM
Ledgie

Hi Sarah!

Here's my theory on it (and it's probably just wishful thinking) but
I think it's Robin Anderson talking. If it is, it would be a nice gesture on their part to have her immortalized on a recording with FM.
Old 11-13-2004, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~nightbird~
Hi Sarah!

Here's my theory on it (and it's probably just wishful thinking) but
I think it's Robin Anderson talking. If it is, it would be a nice gesture on their part to have her immortalized on a recording with FM.
Yeah I was thinking that. It is nice...but that noise is so annoying. I honestly listen to the bonus disc less because I hate that noise!!!!! Does anyone know what the screeching is?
Old 11-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

No idea what that is. And wasting space on the Reissue disc with it was completely retarded.

Old 11-13-2004, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
No idea what that is. And wasting space on the Reissue disc with it was completely retarded.
[applauds]
These people who decide to put something stupid like this on an otherwise beautifully done package are just so damned stupid.

How can anyone be so stupid & still be charged with important responsibilities like reissues?

Is it actually a deliberate attempt to annoy the reissue buyers? Is it payback for something? for circulating all the vault stuff? is it some sort of experiment with us? a form of Chinese water torture without the water? (The real torture, as we've all guessed by now, isn't in listening to the stupid Mick Fleetwood screech, but in the realization that the place of a great unreleased track was wasted on this.)
Old 11-13-2004, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That noise sounds like someone, perhaps Mick running something along a guitar string. Like a bass pick or something.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Ledgie

I always thought it was Sara, but I could be wrong......hey could of put something alot more interesting on there
Old 11-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Ledgie

Mic The Screecher is a classic case of "we fthought it was funny. Maybe the public will too." Unfiortunately, in jokes don't translate too well on alummium 27 years after the fact.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jill
I always thought it was Sara, but I could be wrong......hey could of put something alot more interesting on there

Sara...as in Sara Fleetwood...yea, it could have been her too. Well, whoever she is, she sounds so happy and I love her laugh!

P.S. Ever notice Mick gets a writing credit for that song in the liner notes. Doesn't that mean he get royalties for it? Maybe THAT'S why it's on there. LOL
Old 11-14-2004, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL!

I'm glad everyone seems about as bitter as I am about this thing. I was afraid there was gonna be some completely hard core fan out there who was happy to have this in their collection. I dunno...I have over 500 posts and you guys can still intimidate me every once in a while. But I luv ya in a faceless internet way anyways.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi Lala.
Haven't seen you around for a while.
Hope all is well.
Don't be intimidated. At least not by me. http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/ne...te=1&p=220091#
Angel
Alison
Old 11-14-2004, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know how that link got there. I was trying to drag a smillie on there. Sorry
Old 11-15-2004, 09:14 AM
joe

i have no idea why they would put something completely annoying like that on there. i guess it was one of those "you had to be there" moments where the joke is lost in the retelling.

i still don't see why they didn't put any of "the chain" stuff on there. yeah, i know "keep me there" eventually became "the chain" but they should have thrown the instrumental on there that's been floating around.

or, they really should have put the "chain writing process" on there.
Old 11-15-2004, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe
i have no idea why they would put something completely annoying like that on there. i guess it was one of those "you had to be there" moments where the joke is lost in the retelling.

i still don't see why they didn't put any of "the chain" stuff on there. yeah, i know "keep me there" eventually became "the chain" but they should have thrown the instrumental on there that's been floating around.

or, they really should have put the "chain writing process" on there.
I assumed it didn't exist since on the Classic Albums DVD Richard(?) says they literally threw out the old backing track. *shudder*